Chapter 65: Protection

Jiang Cheng walked towards the group of white-robed disciples, making eye contact with Lan WangJi. The two of them nodded firmly, already done this once before. It had been three months and there was no sign of Wei WuXian. The message he had sent was shared to no one except those who had heard it.

The Sunshot campaign was working and numerous areas were being taken over, including Yunmeng. Last week, two victories were made. They caught Wen Xu, Nie MingJue only keeping him alive for both torture (on request of Yu ZiYuan who wanted someone to take her anger out on due to the fact her nephew was still missing) and information on the Sect and Wei WuXian. However, to the rest of the world...the heir was dead. He was as good as dead at this point, under tight security and wrapped in heavy chains.

The second victory was Lotus Pier. Jiang Fengmian and Yu ZiYuan, along with Lan HuiLang, launched an attack on Lotus Pier, taking it back. Yunmeng and QingHe were now the two main points of the Sunshot Campaign, Lotus Pier being used as a safe haven and the main point of the war, due to its advantage of travel from the rivers.

Today on the other hand...today was the day Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi would head towards a supervision office where Wen Chao was last seen. Despite knowing what they'd find, the two still wanted to go and pray they'd find the same sign of demonic cultivation...it would mean Wei WuXian had escaped again, even if it meant he was demonic cultivator.

Wen Xu had only laughed when they mentioned Wei WuXian, looking extremely smug. Apparently, he had no idea of what his little brother had done, under the impression Wei WuXian was still in captivity. They were still yet to learn where the location was.

Spotting the supervisory office, the two young masters landed and both halted. Resentment was everywhere. The disciples looked alarmed, but Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng felt themselves release relaxed breaths and look at one another. They had grown a bit closer somehow. They bickered, but that seemed to be something that would never fix itself, but they didn't glare and scowl at one another. All though sometimes, they got into pretty bad fights.

It was tension getting to them, but neither would back down so one of the older siblings, their parents, or Jin ZiXuan would have to break them apart. Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi both walked forward, pulling off the talisman on the doors.

"It's the same," Jiang Cheng muttered, recognizing the strokes for a Spirit Allure Flag.

Lan WangJi nodded and pushed open the door. The disciples rushed forward, checking all the dead bodies. As they expected, each one had died a different way. Some were even scared to death. Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng walked into the supervisory office, climbing up the stairs and looking around. Jiang Cheng led them to a room, pushing open the door and finding Wang LingJiao strung up by her neck, dead.

He smirked, "Oh, its him alright,"

Lan WangJi looked at Wang LingJiao, eyes slightly widening, "He...made her kill herself?"

"Must be the same type of thing he did with Jin Guangyao at the temple, remember?" Jiang Cheng summoned Zidian, whipping the female and causing her to fall limp to the floor, "The hallucination thing?"

Lan WangJi nodded, leaving the room. Jiang Cheng followed, seeing Gu BingWen rush up, "There's one person alive. She was in the dungeon,"

Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi looked at one another surprised, before racing down. When they got there, they both were surprised to see Wen Qing on the ground, dirt on her face and hair frizzy. She was chained up and surrounded by Jiang disciples. The two young masters gasped, Jiang Cheng rushing forward and cutting the chains. Wen Qing recognized him, letting him help her stand as she rubbed her wrists from where the clamps were.