Chapter 61: No Envies - part IV

Wen Qing removed the clamps with a needle and lockpicking, Wei WuXian raised his wrists and rubbed the red marks. Wen Ning quickly applied herbs there to quicken the healing. Standing up, Wen Qing and Wen Ning helped Wei WuXian on his feet, the boy grimacing and gagging. Wen Qing sighed sadly, Wei WuXian leaning on Wen Ning while Wen Qing quickly prepared a bath.

The Wen siblings helped Wei WuXian into the tub, helping him with his hair. They kept an eye on the door, Wen Qing leaving for a few minutes to see Wen Xu off to remove suspicion. When she came back, she confirmed everyone from Wen Xu's group had left on horses, meaning they'd be quite far when Wei WuXian snuck out. Wei WuXian smiled at that, taking his time with the bath. He didn't realize he had scrubbed his skin till red, until Wen Qing yelped, "What are you doing? Anymore and you'll hurt yourself,"

That didn't sound too bad.

Wei WuXian finished his bath, feeling a bit more comfortable in his skin than the past week. He smiled when the robes were handed and covered his body. The red was darker than those used by the Wen Sect, more maroon. The Black matched well and fit him well.

"What about your hair?" Wen Ning asked, seeing the open black hair.

Wei WuXian took the red ribbon Wen Qing had washed for him and looked into the tub water for his reflection. Instead of pulling it in a ponytail, he left his hair mostly open in a half up, mostly down style. The red ribbon shimmered against the inky curtains and Wei WuXian looked different. His eyes were rimmed red and Wei WuXian turned away, satisfied with his new appearance.

"Here," Wen Qing said and handed him Suiban, the Jiang Sect silver bell hanging from the hilt.

Wei WuXian grabbed it breathlessly, touching the silver bell with a soft look. He shook it a few times, the Jiang Sect's ability to calm the mind hitting him and making him relax. Wei WuXian smiled, "Thank you...for everything. I will find you both, and the rest of the DafanWens. I will help you,"

Wen Ning and Wen Qing both smiled gratefully. They stayed in the room for a while, until they felt it was late enough for mostly everyone to be asleep. Wen Qing and Wen Ning both hugged Wei WuXian tightly, all three of them praying for safety for one another. This would be the last time they met for a while...hopefully.

Wei WuXian's fate would be luck...and he seemed to not have much of that, but he didn't say anything to reassure the other two. Wen Ning informed, "There's a horse you can use to get to QingHe,"

"Thank you," Wei WuXian said once more, the three of them stepping out of the room.

Wen Qing and Wen Ning pointed him in the direction he had to go, bowing farewell and hurrying to their room. Wei WuXian watched them go, before hurrying the way he said. It was difficult due to the pain in his legs and the stiffness of his muscles, not to mention the inability to use spiritual energy.

'God, how would he explain that to everyone?'

Spotting the horse, Wei WuXian cursed when he saw there were two Wen soldiers nearby. He muttered, "Guess it really will be a chase,"

Jumping out, he kicked them and alerted them, the clashes of swords and startled voices echoing in the night. Knowing he had just alerted Wen Chao, who was sitting outside with Wang LingJiao and other soldiers drinking and laughing, he hurriedly got on the horse, biting back a hiss of pain. He cracked the reins, just as Wen soldiers rushed towards the scene and he took off.

Looking down at his sword and bell, Wei WuXian used some spiritual energy and quickly drew a small talisman. It was untested and incomplete, but if this was the only way he could contact his family...then so be it. When the bell and glowed a dim red, Wei WuXian began to speak, "Er- hi, everyone. God, shit. I hope this works, or else I'll just be talking to myself. Whatever! It's Wei Ying...er..I'm alive! Thanks to Qing-Jie and Wen Ning. They've seriously saved my ass more times than ever,"