Chapter 45: The Hunt of Dusk Creek Mountain

Nie Huaisang woke up only a few minutes after Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian finished washing up. The three of them made their way back to the pavilion, just to see two horses and a bunch of Wen Sect soldiers, including Wen Zhuliu exit with the disciples following. On one of the horses was Wen Xu, the other Wen Chao and the same female that they had seen with him the first day.

"Just on time," Wen Xu smirked at the three of them, "We're going to hunt something at Dusk Creek Mountain, follow along,"

The three stepped aside, watching as the Wen soldiers and heirs passed them. Then they fell in step with Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng, and Jin ZiXuan.

"You look a lot better now," Jiang Cheng snorted at all three of them, "Nie-xiong's awake and you two don't look half dead,"

Wei WuXian rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to die so young, shidi!"

Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng looked at one another, swallowing lumps in their throat and pushing away guilt, thinking the same thing, 'You did,'

"So, what are we hunting?" Nie Huaisang asked.

Jin ZiXuan spoke angrily, "No idea,"

"Oh, this will be fun," Wei WuXian humored.

The group walked for a while, Wen Chao ordering them to search for a cave once they reached Dusk Creek Mountain. The disciples searched, Jin ZiXuan breaking from the group to go towards some disciples from his Sect. The other five stuck together, looking around boringly. After an hour or so of hiking and searching, Wei WuXian sat down on a large rock with a sigh, "This is so stupid. We're basically human shields!"

"We are human shields," Lan Xichen shook his head.

"What are you doing slacking off? Get up! Second Young Master Wen asked you to search!"

They looked over at the same female that had been riding the horse and being disgustingly touchy with Wen Chao the entire time. She was holding an iron branding stick with the Wen brand on it, waving it around. Scoffing, Jiang Cheng glared at her, "We are, we are, calm down,"

She sneered at them, before going towards some other disciples that had burst into laughter. Wei WuXian shook his head, "Who is that?"

"Wang LingJiao," Nie Huaisang informed bitterly, "She's a servant of Wen RuoHan's unofficial second wife, Madam Wen. Due to her appearance, she caught Wen Chao's eye and now they're in an affair. She holds a branding iron due to her low cultivation,"

Wei WuXian raised an eyebrow, "So even a servant can boss heirs around? The QishanWen Sect is certainly out of its mind,"

He paused and then furrowed his brows, looking around the area, Lan WangJi looked at him, worriedly "Whats wrong?"

"N-nothing," Wei WuXian blinked confused, "I just thought..."

The four stared at him, before Wei WuXian shook his head and grinned, "Must've been a bug, come on. Let's keep searching for this cave,"

They continued the search, despite Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi already knowing where the cave was. Subtly, they guided everyone closer in that direction. Wei WuXian looked up when he heard a startled yell. His friends and brother distracted, he split from them and headed towards the noise to see a female on the ground looking up fearfully, where Wen Chao was hovering over her with a hungry gaze.

"Go away! Don't do anything!"

"Don't do what? Kiss your pretty face?" Wen Chao laughed, leaning down.

Wei WuXian intervened, placing a leaf in front of Wen Chao's lips, the boy retracting annoyed. Wei WuXian stepped in front of the girl as Wen Chao yelled, "Wei WuXian!"

Brother in Laws ||Mo Dao Zu Shi||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara