Chapter 33: Under the Water

Gu BingWen and Jiang TengFei both hit an orb, nocking in their second arrow. Gu BingWen shot almost right after he nocked it into the bow, hitting one of the purple orbs and nocking in his final. Jiang TengFei pulled back as well, unsettled by his competitors' speed and shot his arrow. It hit an orb, but not a red one.

At once all the disciples cheered, "BingWen-xiong won!!!"

The orbs stopped moving and vanished at once. Both seniors let out groans and pants, before grinning at Gu BingWen, "Great job!"

Jiang TengFei, scowled, "I aimed for a red orb!"

"Yeah, well you hit purple," Gu BingWen walked over and patted the males shoulder, smirking, "Guess you're my money for three months, TengFei Ge,"

Before the male could reply, Jiang Cheng yelled, "A-XIAN!!!"

Everyone looked towards the senior disciple who had a bleeding nose. The three Jiangs that had been watching stood up alarmed by the yell. Jiang Cheng was confused, looking dumbfounded, "Why are you bleeding and I'm not?"

Wei WuXian reached up and touched the blood. He shrugged, "I was using it longer,"

"But my core is slightly weaker. And it was only be a few minutes,"

Wei WuXian opened his mouth to speak again, lips already in a smile and eyes glittering, but failed to get out anything. Disciples, including Jiang Cheng, shrieked in alarm as Wei WuXian's smile fell, eyes growing dim then shut before his body gave out. He would've fell to the floor if not for Jiang Cheng catching him. The other three Jiangs had already begun to dash over, Jiang Yanli collapsing at her brother's side, Jiang Cheng laying the senior disciple on the grass, "Why is he fainted and I'm fine?! I'm drained but- but-"

Jiang Yanli placed a small hand on the boy's shoulder, urging him to take deep breaths, while Jiang Fengmian crouched at her side and took hold of Wei WuXian's wrist, beginning to send spiritual energy. At once, a little more blood fell from unconscious male's nose, Jiang Yanli pulling out a handkerchief and beginning to dab it, "He's completely drained,"

"But why aren't I?" Jiang Cheng demanded.

"Ehm," A disciple cleared his throat, "Young Master Jiang, shixiong was using more spiritual energy than you..."

Jiang Cheng thought for a moment, "How?"

The group all looked down, "When you coughed. Shixiong was sharing spiritual energy and we noticed, but he told us to keep silent,"

Jiang Cheng felt like he got slapped and he remembered the lingering hand on his shoulder. He began to curse in anger, "STUPID BASTARD! I'M GONNA BREAK HIS DAMN LEGS! FUCKING-"

"A-Cheng," Yu ZiYuan placed a hand on her son's shoulder, "Let's get A-Xian to a healer first. You both need to replenish your spiritual energy...then you can yell at him,"

Jiang Cheng agreed grudgingly, standing up with his Mother's help and watching as Jiang Fengmian picked up Wei WuXian and excused the disciples. The four Jiang's walked back into their home, opening up Wei WuXian's room and laying the boy down. Jiang Cheng sat in a chair, an upset expression on his face.

"A-Cheng, he'll be fine," Jiang Yanli assured both her brother and herself.

"He hasn't fainted in almost a year and a half," Jiang Cheng deadpanned, "But because of me, he went past his limit..."

He then paused and announced, "I'm writing to WangJi,"

"Second Young Master Lan seems like the type to rush over," Yu ZiYuan said, a little amused and worried.