Chapter 26: The Mind of Sect Leader, Heart of a Brother - part I

Lotus Pier was a beautiful place. Starting from the end of Lotus Pier, after just a while of paddling, one will see a large lotus lake, more than a hundred miles in length. The wide, verdant leaves and the smooth, pink blossoms brush shoulders against one another. As a breeze blows over, the petals and the leaves sway as if nodding their heads. Amid the purity and grace, one can also feel a naive sense of clumsiness. Unlike the other sect's residences, shutting their doors and refusing to let commoners come within a boundary miles away, the docks in front of Lotus Pier's entrance bustle with vendors selling seed pods, water chestnuts and all kinds of pastries. Runny-nosed children from households nearby also sneak into Lotus Pier's fields to watch cultivators practice their swords. Upon getting caught, instead of being scolded, they sometimes even play with the Jiang Sect's disciples.

The innocent and warm atmosphere was shattered by a loud wail, a few curious heads turning to glance towards the docks. Purple robes fluttered in the summer breeze, with two male's dressed in white and blue and two other males in grey/olive green robes. The Jiang Family was standing on the docks, along with a few disciples. The Twin Jade's of Lan and the Nie brother's were leaving today, the family sending them off.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes as Wei WuXian let out another small whine. Wei WuXian had his arms wrapped around Lan WangJi's torso - the Jade also holding him just as tight - leaning his head against the other's chest with a pout, "I didn't think it would be this hard!!!!"

Jiang Cheng released another sigh, glancing at his sister who giggled. Nie Huaisang opened his fan, hiding his amused smile, while Jiang Fengmian, Nie MingJue and Lan Xichen smiled openly. Lan WangJi also nodded in agreement, nuzzling in the top of Wei WuXian's head and placing a soft kiss, "Mn,"

"You have to write to me, no acceptions!" Wei WuXian glanced up.

"Mn,"

Wei WuXian blinked, before wailing again, "Laaan Zhaaaan! I'm gonna miss you so much! How can you do this to me? So mean, being so perfect and wonderful,"

Jiang Cheng saw Lan WangJi smile slightly. Jiang Fengmian chuckled and spoke up, "A-Xian...WangJi, Xichen, Sect Leader Nie and Young Master Nie have to head back,"

"I know..." Wei WuXian mumbled.

"WuXian, I will make sure A-Zhan sends letters to you," Lan Xichen assured and Wei WuXian beamed slightly.

Nie Huaisang also added, "Plus, once you begin that communication talisman you were blabbing about during dinner last night, it'll be so much easier for you and Lan-xiong to talk,"

Wei WuXian nodded and slowly weakened his grip. He glanced up, "Mm...fine, I'll let you go now.."

Lan WangJi hummed in amusement, pecking Wei WuXian's nose and then lips. Jiang Cheng groaned, Jiang Yanli squealed slightly, Nie Huaisang hid behind his fan, Lan Xichen, Nie MingJue and Jiang Fengmian grinned.

"Bye, Wei Ying," Lan WangJi stepped back, a bit reluctantly.

To be fair, this would be the first time he's apart from his love for so long. Ever since his beloved's reincarnation, he barely let the man out of his sight. And when they got married, they went just about everywhere with one another! Lan WangJi had, reluctantly, spoken to Jiang Cheng about it, the male taking the opportunity to tease the older, while also ensuring he would take care of Wei WuXian and send a letter if anything needed.

The couple finally stepped back, Jiang Cheng quickly wrapping an arm over Wei WuXian's shoulders to keep him from diving straight towards the second Jade again. Jiang Yanli smiled waving delicately, "Young Master Nie, thank you for learning with me!"

Nie Huaisang got onto the boat he and his brother were taking to QingHe and smiled, "Of course, Maiden Jiang! Thank you for inviting us and teaching me a cultivation form I can use!"