Chapter 56: Trust

Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian took turns steering the boat and sending spiritual energy into Yu ZiYuan and Jiang Fengmian. Wei WuXian insisted he did more work since out of the two of them, he was the least hurt, despite Jiang Cheng arguing he only got a few scratches- all of which had already healed due to his core.

His core.

They both had their cores. His parents were alive- his sect had survived. Sure, the actual foundation may be run by the Wen Sect and a lot of the building will require construction, but the Sect was alive through the people. Jiang Cheng smiled at the conclusion.

They were okay.

"A-Cheng...A-Xian..."

Wei WuXian had been meditating his core while Jiang Cheng was steering. They both looked at Jiang Fengmian, who had opened his eyes and was trying to sit up. Wei WuXian rushed over and helped him up, since Jiang Fengmian's one arm was unusable at the moment. Yu ZiYuan had drifted to and from consciousness, Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian making her drink some energy boosters that they had grabbed. Her wound was the worst and neither of them knew much about healing to determine if it was life threatening or not.

"Uncle," Wei WuXian said softly, helping the male place his wife's head on his thigh.

"Have you rested?" Jiang Fengmian asked them, gently brushing Yu ZiYuan's hair.

"Yes, Father. We've taken turns and made sure to rest," Jiang Cheng assured, "You and Mother have been in and out for a day,"

Jiang Fengmian nodded, looking at his wife, "How is she?"

"She's alive and the bleeding has lessened. The spiritual energy we're giving her helps," Wei WuXian informed softly, "You can wake her up, I think its a good time to make you two eat some of the food A-Cheng and I managed to grab,"

Jiang Fengmian nodded, gently shaking Yu ZiYuan. The female's eyes weakly cracked open and Jiang Cheng walked over to help Wei WuXian help her sit up. When they were both leaning against the wall of the boat, Jiang Cheng pulled out two fruits, tossing it to them. He took one himself, before returning to the ore and keeping track of the course they were headed down.

"Where is Zidian?" Yu ZiYuan realized.

"A-Cheng has it," Wei WuXian told her, biting his own fruit,

Yu ZiYuan sighed in relief, nodding. She then grimaced, hand covering her wound. Jiang Cheng frowned, noticing the way Wei WuXian winced, "A-Xian..."

"Hm?" Wei WuXian smiled at him.

Jiang Cheng was about to add when he spotted a boat. Freezing, he grabbed the hilt of his sword and stood up. Wei WuXian stood up, as well looking at Jiang Cheng, who quickly threw him Zidian, the older grabbing the ring firmly and staring at the boat. Jiang Cheng inhaled sharply when he caught the Wen Sect robes. When the boats grew nearer, Wei WuXian summoned Zidian and grabbed the boat wrapped around the boat, pulling them together.

Jiang Cheng walked forward with Sandu unsheathed. He and Wei WuXian had agreed to remove any Wen cultivators they passed to be safe. They hadn't found any until now. Boarding the boat, a familiar voice squeaked, "Young Master Jiang! Young Master Wei!"

"Who are you?" Wei WuXian demanded but Sandu lowered and Jiang Cheng called, "Wen Ning?"

Wen Ning, who had fallen on the floor due to Wei WuXian using Zidian earlier, scrambled up and smiled brightly at the two, "Thank goodness! You're both alright!"

Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng shared astonished looks. The older then narrowed his eyes, "Wen Ning, why are you here?"

"I heard about what happened at Lotus Pier and was rushing there," Wen Ning informed, "Is everything ok-"