Chapter 12: Hopefully Not a Heart Attack

The silence that had followed was so still that Lan WangJi almost worried his Uncle's heart had truly given out. Luckily, Lan Qiren only had an extremely dumbfounded expression on his face, before he bellowed, "WHAT?!"

He then snarled, "Wei WuXian! What have you done to WangJi?!?! Is this some sort of joke to you!!!!????"

"I really didn't do anything!" Wei WuXian pointed three fingers towards the sky, "Master Lan, Lan Zhan and I are truly cutsleeves and in a relationship with one another,"

"LIES!" Lan Qiren frowned, "That's impossible! You? And Him?! HAHA! And CangSe Sanren was obedient!!"

Lan WangJi sighed and quickly moved. He pulled Wei WuXian to his chest, kissing the younger right there. In front of his Uncle. In a classroom.

Wei WuXian squeaked surprised, before melting into it, placing his free hand on the older's shoulder. When they parted, Wei WuXian looked at Lan WangJi, snickering, "Who is shameless now?"

Lan WangJi did not get to answer, before he heard a strangled gasp. Lan WangJi recalled the other male in the room and turned towards Lan Qiren, who was pale-faced with wide eyes and mouth parted from shock, "Uncle. I am under no spell, nor curse. Wei Ying has done nothing to force me to be this way. I have always been a cutsleeve, Huan Ge has known for years. This was not the way I wanted to tell you about Wei Ying and I, but it came to this situation. If you do not mind, we will take our leave now. Father wanted to meet my boyfriend and you have to copy down the rules an appropriate amount of times,"

He then bowed politely, Wei WuXian following in example, just barely managing to suppress laughter. Lan WangJi noticed and quickly took his lover's hand and left the classroom, closing the doors behind him. Jiang Cheng, Nie Huaisang, and a bunch of other disciples were waiting for them at the bottom of the stairs, glancing up the moment they heard the door open. When they were half down, Wei WuXian couldn't hold back anymore and burst into laughter, leaning himself onto Lan WangJi, who held him up and made sure he didn't fall down the rest of the steps.

"What happened?! We heard Master Lan yell!" Jiang Cheng spoke first, watching as his brother was being basically held up due to the laughter.

"Oh my goodness, Lan Zhan! I never knew you could- HAHA!!" Wei WuXian cackled.

Lan WangJi's eyes lit up with his own amusement. He looked at his classmates and said, "Let us hope I have not caused my Uncle to suffer from Qi Deviation,"

Everyone's mouth fell open.

"What did you do?" Nie Huaisang demanded.

Jiang Cheng glanced between Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian, eyes widening, "Oh my god, you told him- didn't you?"

Wei WuXian snickered, "Yes! We did, but the old man didn't believe us so Lan Zhan proved it by actions!! I've never known he could be shameless!"

Nie Huaisang and the other disciples looked like they had gotten slapped.

"Shameless?" One hissed.

"Second Young Master Lan, what exactly did you do?" Another asked.

Jiang Cheng on the other hand was staring back up at the classroom, "And you're positive he's still breathing and not planning to destroy A-Xian?"

"Very positive. I believe I may have broken him," Lan WangJi promised.

"How?" Nie Huaisang asked curiously.

Wei WuXian hummed, calming down a bit, "It's a secret. Perhaps I will tell you another time,"

Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian hadn't exactly talked about letting the rest of the world know about them, but they had somehow agreed to reveal it to their families first, before the cultivation world. Meaning that either Lan WangJi would have to visit Lotus Pier, or Wei WuXian would have to invite Jiang Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan, and Jiang Yanli to Cloud Recesses.