𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

It wasn't as if they hadn't asked me about yesterday's incident in the first place. They asked and threatened me a lot to get me talking about what happened. Although I didn't cave in that easily. I held my ground, as I always did.

Oh really? A small voice in my head questioned me but I ignored it.

After some bickering and throwing insults back and forth, they shut up. Only Regulus was the one with the thickest skin and a lot of determination and a heck lot of patience. He didn't back down so easily. I was afraid that I was going to break in front of him but I kept pushing the idea away.

I felt Regulus's silver eyes burning holes into my skin. He was watching me very closely. His tall figure stood right behind me, his arms crossed on his chest, his face void of any emotions, and his chiseled jaw clenched with burning determination. I ignored him and continued kicking at the dummy harder and harder. Imagining it to be Ezekiel helped me even more. I was able to go on even though my legs and back were hurting.

With his arms crossed over his chest, Regulus silently watched me destroy the fifth dummy before I moved on to the sixth one. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ares and Augustus move closer as well, just to make sure that they were within audible distance. I let out a very low growl as a warning but they really didn't seem to care.

"Celeste!" Regulus growled. I stopped all at once and growled back at him, going even as further as flashing him my canines. Every time he asked me the same question, it fed the anger within me.

I felt so close to bursting at that moment.

Why didn't he just give up and keep his mouth shut like everyone else? What was his problem?

After I talked to Nefret last night, no one bothered me about it again. I was sure that she had ordered everyone to not speak to me about this. Even my mother didn't dare ask me what had happened and where I had disappeared but Regulus, he seemed hell-bent on getting an answer out of me.

I wasn't supposed to speak about it. Heck, I couldn't even talk about it, thanks to a very certain someone named Ezekiel casting a spell on me. Also, his threat rang in my ears every time. I was very much concerned for the well-being of Pax. I was afraid to let him wander alone so I had one of the wolves keep an eye on him all the time.

I turned around and kicked the dummy hard, very hard as soon as Ezekiel's face flashed in front of my eyes. I wanted to hurt someone... I wanted to hurt him! I wanted to hurt him very badly!

Could you really hurt him? The small voice questioned me again but I ignored it.

"Regulus," I breathed, delivering another kick at the dummy, "If you don't stop asking me that again and again, you'll be next," I threatened. The dark tone of my voice gave away how serious I was about this.

Silence followed my words. Only the sound of my kicks and grunts remained in the air. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ares and Augustus move slightly away from me. They did the sensible thing but Regulus kept standing close to me, watching me like a hawk, waiting for me to start speaking. His inexhaustible patience reservoir was starting to frustrate me even more.

"Celeste," He spoke again, daring to take another step towards me. With my checked teeth, I kicked the sixty dummy hard, so hard that it instantly got destroyed.

"Why don't you want to speak to us?" Regulus question. I stopped at this moment. I closed my eyes, clenched my fists and jaw. I was on the edge now and if he pushed me again, I'd have to attack him.

"Because I don't want to talk about it," I gritted, "I'm not obliged to explain myself every-time!" I growled out loud.

"Don't you trust us?" He questioned. My chest vibrated with a thundering growl before I turned very sharply on my feet and glared at Regulus. He looked very calm and composed even though the air around us buzzed with tension.

I felt this urge to hit him as well since I had exhausted my quota of destroying dummies for the day. If he didn't intend to stop anytime soon then I wouldn't think twice about practicing my blows on him.

"What made you think so?" I asked him, glaring at him. Maintaining his calm, he took a step close to me. His eyes searched my face briefly before he replied, "You're not telling us where you disappear yesterday and what happened to you. Do you have any idea how scared we got?"

I took a deep sigh. Regulus was still very calm and composed.

No one could win Regulus when it came to patience. I prayed that he gets paired with the most annoying creature across all the dimensions and worlds.

"I know," I breathed, "I couldn't help it," I gritted and stormed out of the training room before he could bombard me with more questions.

_

Do you think someone else might be interested in Celeste? Also, you have any guesses what Nefret might do to Ezekiel?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow me

Read up to chapter 38 on Patreon. The link is in my bio. 

Also available on Patreon: Mr. Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Exclusive books (LEVEL 2)

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for FREE. The link is in my bio.

Instagram: authorritz

Thanks for reading <3