Chapter 48: Unity - part II

Start from the beginning

Wei WuXian sighed, turning to him properly, "ZiXuan, promise me something. Don't tell anyone,"

The shock on the heir's face was enough to make Wei WuXian add, "Its not a big deal. You saw how A-Cheng and Lan Zhan argued because I was missing for a few minutes. They'll go mad...everyone will. Why make a big deal out of something so small?"

Jin ZiXuan looked down unsure. Wei WuXian pushed one more time, "You got there in time. Why ponder on something like this?"

Jin ZiXuan nodded hesitantly, "Okay..."

Satisfied, Wei WuXian released a small exhale. He then grinned when Nie Huaisang and Lan Xichen walked over to them. The four of them all watched Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi, who were in a conversation. Even from far away and despite there being no yelling, they could already tell they were bickering over something.

When Jiang Cheng had led Lan WangJi out of ear shot, he lowered his voice and asked, "Okay...you know how you told me the first time A-Xian comes in contact with resentment is in the cave?"

"Mn"

"Yeah, that's bullshit,"

Lan WangJi raised an eyebrow, "You were not there,"

"No, I wasn't but it wasn't the first time," Jiang Cheng argued.

"Then where else would it happen?" Lan WangJi asked.

"Gusu,"

Lan WangJi gave the man a glare, "Gusu? The place with the highest concentration of natural spiritual energy? That place?"

"Yes, that place," Jiang Cheng narrowed his eyes.

"Ridiculous,"

"Yeah, I thought so too, but its true,"

"Impossible. Resentment can't accumulate in Gusu in such a dense way,"

"Really? Then what about Caiyi town?" Jiang Cheng's eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

Lan WangJi paused, looking at him, "That was the Wen Sect,"

Jiang Cheng face palmed and groaned, mumbling curses, "You really are my brother's soulmate. Both of you are idiots!"

Lan WangJi hardened his eyes, "Wei Ying isn't-"

"Don't even!" Jiang Cheng hissed.

He took a deep breath and said, "Remember the waterborne abyss?"

"En,"

"A-Xian fell into it, right?"

"Mn,"

"Oh my god, why aren't you-" Jiang Cheng grumbled, rolling his eyes, "A waterborne abyss is full of resentment and A-Xian fell directly into it,"

Lan WangJi nodded with confusion. He stared at Jiang Cheng, who stared at him with a small glare. Then it clicked, Lan WangJi's eyes widening, "Oh,"

"OH?!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed, before remembering they weren't alone and lowered his voice again, "That's all?"

"Wei Ying made contact back then?" Lan WangJi clarified.

Jiang Cheng lost his patience, "No, he made contact when he was a fucking child- what do you think?!"

"How did you find this out?" Lan WangJi ignored that.

"Oh..." Jiang Cheng squeaked awkwardly, "He told me,"

Lan WangJi narrowed his eyes, "What else happened?"

"Um..." Jiang Cheng bit his lip before sighing, "Have you ever se- of course you have, what am I saying? You know how when A-Xian comes in contact with resentment he would hear voices?"