Chapter 38

Kong's POV

We all just left them behind and made our way to the hotel. I and P'Gun asked everyone to wait for us near the hotel... We went took our luggage and checked out from there and settled our luggage in the room allotted to us. I with Arthit and P'Gun with Bright.

After that, we made our way to where everyone was waiting... I need to apologize to Arthit for hiding. I really hope that he understands. And also the others... They have kept two places opposite to them vacant. Okay... So they are going to interrogate us till they are satisfied. I and P'Gun sat down. I kept the keys and phone on the table. We are waiting for them to start with their questions.

"Since when did you know?" P'Deer asked
"Yesterday Evening.. near to Night." P'Gun replied.

"Why did you not tell us.. we could have helped.." Wad asked
"It was P'Tay.. he did not want anyone to know.. he even would not have told us if he did not have to ask for Ma and Pa's permission." I replied.

"So.. bringing your parents and Em's parents.. all the decoration happened only today." Tew asked. We both nodded. 
"How come we did not see you crossing our path..?" Bright asked.
"We covered the glasses with black sheets and we were driving Kong's car which we bought new. The number already got registered.. you still haven't seen it.. you would have seen it today actually but due to sudden surprise from P'Tay.. it is like this." P'Gun said. 

"So it is a lie about P'Sing... P'Kit.." Arthit asked with a hurt voice. I am kind of feeling down and I don't really know why. 
"P'Tay came up with that idea of telling like that and we did not even know about it till Ma told us after you all left." I said looking down.

"Bright... I am sorry na.. as a brother.. we wanted to give them the best memory.. especially Kong because Em has been with him since school... And P'Tay wanted to make it a complete surprise. It was something he needs to tell, not us. So we could not tell anyone." P'Gun said. Bright just smiled and hugged him. Everybody nodded in agreement and smiled except Arthit.
I was looking at Arthit all the time he was not even looking at me. I called for his attention by pulling his hand towards me. He just pulled it back roughly. I was taken aback.

"How many more P'Kong? How many more things will you keep hiding and I will have to know with everyone..? I had to know about you being a Suthilak while you announce it to the world. The same with you being the anonymous shareholder. Why? I have always been trying to be understanding... Related to business I understand.. but why could not you at least tell that you are planning for at least a surprise and will be here only. I was thinking of you all day... buying things you like" He said while he put the things in front of me.

I wanted to apologize but he continued " do you not trust me at all. Are you really serious about our relationship or are you planning to toy and play around with me and my feelings.. just because I have been against you from the first day... if you are not serious just get lost... I don't want to see you." He shouted.

Does he think I am a playboy..? He is my first relation. I have given him my everything. What did I miss? Am I really this worst. I could not speak a word. I felt like I was about to cry which I hate to do even in front of my brothers. P'Gun was trying to reach me... But I just stood up... I don't want to talk to anyone right now.. 

"Thank you Khun Arthit. I am finally wrong. I never knew you were thinking of me as a playboy.. but let me tell you. You are the first person I am in a relationship with.. you are my first in everything. I have given my everything... Took my parents' permission.. declared to the world that I was taken.. never did I deny our bond in front of anyone... but still you think I am not serious right. I wanted to say I am sorry for hiding.. but no I am not sorry because I did that as a brother.. and for a brother.." I said. I just took the car keys and left. 

My friends were about to come behind me. "Try coming behind me.. and I will make sure not even one of you can find me in this life. And not a word to P'Tay.. no one will disturb them today." I said.. they all stood rooted in their place and I drove away. I don't know how long I have been driving.. but I stopped. I did not know what to do. All I could do was to cry.

What should I do.. what else did I miss.. ? Am I really a playboy.. ? Did I really play with him. No... I did not... I truly love him... I have given my best to him... I just did not share business information with him or anyone because we did not want them involved in these shitty politics where we can put them at risk.. we are meant to deal with those some or the other time... but they can be kept away... if it was any other work... I would have involved them but they are not.. they were dangerous. 

Arthit's POV

Shit.. what did I do? I really did not mean to say that he was playing around.. never did I feel that way.. never did he treat me like that. I was hurt that he did not tell me.. but I never thought to say those words at all... I was angry that he used P'Kit and P'Sing's names to hide.. but it wasn't his idea. I was sitting at the same place staring at where he was sitting... Not even one person spoke after he said not to come behind him.

"Arthit I swear I will kill you if something happens to him..." P'Tew shouted at me.

"Did you really think that he was playing around with you... then let me tell you Arthit.. he is a Suthilak.. none of them thought about having kids not even their parents.. they have happily invited every one of us into their family. He even declared to the world that they are already taken and their sexual preferences have been kept open to the world. Is this what you call playing..?"P'Wad shouted at me while holding my collar. P'Tew, Prem and P'Deer released me from his grip. I could not help but fall down on my knees.

"I really did not mean any of those. I don't even know why I spoke those things. Yes, I was hurt that he never says anything to me.. and this time I am angry that P'Sing and P'Kit's names were used for the cover-up. I have spent the day thinking of how to pamper him and make him rest. I.. I.. really felt betrayed for that.. but I never meant what I said." I said while tears did not stop rolling from my eyes. 

"Arthit.. do you really think he was hiding because he did not want to share them with you... if so.. then I and P'Tay should also be playing around right.. but NO... He loves you more than himself. I love Bright more than myself.. so does P'Tay.. we never shared business-related news to anyone because.. we have lost some members because of these issues.. the assassins have used their loved ones to achieve what they want... just cause they knew that their targets share everything with their families. The targets were P'Sing and P'Kit and both of them lost their complete family. Both the families were tortured before death for information even small kids.. that is the reason we do not share things related to business... that is the reason it is mentioned in the rule book of Suthilak Enterprises that none of the business dealings should be shared with a non-employee even though they are a part of the family or even if they are their world." P'Gun said. This... I never knew... I never thought in this way. 

"Do you remember the day we were dealing with Khun Chatakkorn? Kong said that his men are all injured and are in jail.. do you think that it was his guards... No... they were assassins sent to kill us. Do you know there were almost 20 of them. I can not fight... Kong and P'Tay took them all down while protecting me.. Do you think they will be able to do the same with you all around. No... they will only protect us... they will not hesitate to die then and there if it means to protect us. Now tell me Arthit... What would you do if you are in our place.." P'Gun added. I did not utter a word. I could not.

"Okay leave that business part.. take today into consideration. If you were the one going to propose.. you did not want anyone to know but your friends told their loved ones.. who are also the closest circle of yours..? How will you feel? Tell me.." He asked again.
"I would be angry and upset.." That was all I could say.
"I know all of you were hurt that we hid this from you... but the answer is right in front of you Arthit. Just because your friends said.. you will be upset and angry.. then how will it feel like when own brothers do it..?" He added... I did not answer... He sighed.

"I am not telling that you are the only one who is wrong.. but Arthit.. it not the way to deal situations... your words were really hurtful.. you just spoke the first thing you felt like... we were prepared to beg you both if needed... Kong was even ready to go on his kneels for your forgiveness... we expected that you would be angry but not like this.." P'Gun said with a hurt voice.

"I am sorry. I am really sorry... I messed it up... I messed everything up... " I said as the whole reality hit me. I hope nothing wrong will happen to him.

"It is not us who you should be sorry to.. it is him Arthit. And this is the last chance I am giving to you.. the very last chance... there won't be other chance if you mess up again.. you will never be able to find him again if you hurt him like this again." P'Gun said a bit sternly. 

"P.. where can I find him P.. I know he will be angry but.. please P.. I will beg him if needed. " I pleaded.

"Don't worry Nong.. he will be back here.. but I can't tell when. All we can do is to wait." P'Wad said this time. 

"Arthit.. be sincere when you speak to P'Kong.. he will understand.. talk to him Arthit. Make him talk to you.. it will be fine.. but never again speak something you do not mean Arthit.. think before you speak." Knot said and my friends nodded.

We all sat down waiting for him. Suddenly P'Kong received a message. We all saw the screen.. it was from his parents saying that they have reached home.. but his wallpaper caught my eyes.. it was the first-ever pic we took together. It made me cry again. 

P'Gun warned everyone that not a word will be told to P'Tay or P'Em until P'Kong himself says. It's been an hour and a half that he left. I was getting really scared now... We all glanced towards the door seeing a car stopping. P'Kong came in after a few minutes.. he did not even spare a glance at me. What should I do? His friends and P'Gun hugged him. He assured them that he was alright. He came and sat down as if nothing has happened. 

"I am hungry.. Let us eat na P.. We haven't eaten much since morning. " He said to P'Gun. His voice became rasp.. he must have cried all the time. I mentally scolded myself for making the person I love the most cry. P'Gun ordered food for everyone. Neither did P'Kong look at me and talk to me.. I have been staring at him all the time... just wishing he would spare at least a single glance at me. 

"Not even a word to P'Tay about this incident.. it will be only me who will be telling him.. even to Em. No person who is not here will know about it.. and Khun Arthit. I hope you can act for few days. " He said the last part looking into my eyes. I messed up really bad this time.

"P.. please let me talk to you once... please let me explain myself... I did not mean anything I said P.. They just came out in anger. I am really sorry P.. Please " I stopped when he raised his hand signaling me to stop.
"I am really in no mood to understand your explanation and I really don't want to listen to it also. Let it go... Tell whatever reason you want to others about how we ended up... I will just say yes. " He said coldly not looking at me.

"Kong... Stop... I know you are hurt... but Kong.. you even let the people who mean harm talk and you listen to them.. then why can't you listen to Arthit. You know what.. is this what respect for others is.. is this what you talk about giving respect to people.. Kong.. this is not a way to deal with things. You need to talk things out Kong.. Trust me Kong. You also know that he doesn't mean what he said and loves you truly... give him a chance Kong.. to explain things and talk things out.. you both love each other very much... don't let the other go just because you could not talk or express. Every relation stands and will be strong only when we communicate with each other." P'Gun said with anger and indifferent voice.

Kong's POV

After hearing what P'Gun said... I could not deny it... What he said is true.. but it hurts like hell. I look into Arthit's eyes... there was guiltiness and pain in his eyes... I could not take it anymore. The food was served. I asked him to come and sit beside me. He obeyed me silently. I swear I saw a slight glow in his eyes when I said that. I decided I will talk to him and make things right.

"Feed me Arthit... I need the energy to talk to you... " That was all I said. Everybody released a happy chuckle. But this kiddo here is not even moving a little and seeing me as if I am Alien.
"Arthit... Oon... I am hungry.. feed me!" I started calling him.

"Ah.. P...sorry here let me feed you.." He started feeding me. Everyone was eating and talking about how nice the proposal went and all. P'Gun told them that Pa has got it recorded. I made sure that Arthit also ate. After dinner, everyone was getting back to the rooms. I stopped Arthit and asked the rest to go. I said that we will meet them tomorrow.. maybe for breakfast or lunch and asked P'Gun to tell me if P'Tay comes. 

I took Arthit and made him sit in the car. We both put our seatbelts on. I took him to a top-of-the-hill area and stopped the care. I opened the top of the car and we shifted to the backseat which I changed into a comfortable kind of bed and asked him to lay down. I then took my regular place in his arms with my head on his shoulder. 

"Arthit.. let us talk things out. Each and everything. " I said. He kissed my forehead and my lips before starting. I also needed them as an assurance that we are going to be fine.