Chapter 26

Kong's POV

I made my way to where P'Gun was. I just went and sat beside him. I know that they are also upset but I was also angry and upset. I feel like I failed my duty. I have failed as the head hazer. I have failed to fulfill my duty. I failed everything. Whatever I went through is all a waste.

I started remembering all the emotions since the freshy games.. while running 54 laps, its remarks.. flag capturing day... everything but all that was a failure to me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew that it was P'Tay. I just hugged him and kept on crying. P'Gun and others were just silent but were trying to calm me down. 

"Hey Simba look at me.." P'Tay said lifting my face after I stopped crying.

"You are not a failure... You did your best don't you dare think like that... The environment and beach make many of them want to drink. Also, since they are from elite families they must have been used to it. I am not saying this as a support to them but trust me when I say you fulfilled the duty. You really have done great. Remember even I caught some students drinking even though it was banned, you said that I was no failure. It is the same situation. Let it go Simbha.. you are not a failure... if you are so am I... Now tell me am I a failure.?"P'Tay asked me. I just nodded my head saying no.

"Then Simba.. people do make mistakes correct them and teach them.. that is your responsibility but thinking yourselves as a failure which you absolutely are not is wrong. So cheer up buddy it's okay. And let me tell you... you are this upset mainly because the one you love is among them. Don't do this, my little brother. Cheer up now.. you can punish them but don't you dare treat them wrongly... Now you know that we can't stand you like this... Please smile na Nong please.." P'Tay was pleading me.

I gave him a small smile and hugged him which he returned. Soon P'Gun, Wad, and Tew joined us. We decided not to let others know about this incident except Em and Oak.

After some time I relaxed and let it go. I asked P'Tay and P'Gun to go sleep in our room. We three were up all night roaming every floor. We were speaking about our first year days. Em and Oak woke up around 7 in the morning... I went to bed immediately as I did not even sleep for a minute the whole night. Tew and Wad told them about the incident that happened last night. They woke me up after 2hours. They got ready and made sure everybody had their breakfast. They even bought breakfast for me, P'Tay and P'Gun. We got ready and had our breakfast. Then we went to where first years were asked to gather.

Arthit's POV

This morning we did not feel like getting up.. all of us were completely down. But we forced ourselves to freshen up and reported to breakfast at right time. I did not see P'Kongpob anywhere around. Not even P'Tay and P'Gun. Others were all there. I found P'Prae and went to her and asked where P'Kongpob, P'Gun, and P'Tay were.

She looked around and then decided to ask P'Tew. She called him and we felt like running away but we stood there.
"Tew... Where is Kong... I don't even see P'Gun and P'Tay here.. everything is okay right.?" She asked...
"Oh... Prae relax nothing happened... you know right we should be up for rounds. Em and Oak were too tired and did not wake up so Kong did all their shifts. Two with P'Tay and P'Gun and the rest with us. We were at least able to sleep for 4 hours but he could not... Those three are now sleeping.. we will wake them up around 9.. at least they will sleep for two hours." P'Tew said.

 After that P'Prae left and we were left with P'Tew. Soon P'Wad, P'Em, and P'Oak were also beside him 
"P.. We are really sorry P.. we did not mean to upset you.. we did wrong but that time we could not stop ourselves. Please forgive us P.. We are really sorry." Knot said.
"Yes P.. We are really sorry we will never ever break any rules voluntarily." Prem added.
I, Bright and Tutah just bend our heads and muttered that we are also sorry and asked for forgiveness.

"Nong... We forgave you already... we just hope that this won't repeat again. And about Kongpob.. he is really upset.. he really did not expect this especially from you all... But rest assured he will come around just give him time and try apologizing to him if possible."P'Em said. We were glad that they forgave us. I will really ask for forgiveness from P'Kong when I find him. After that, we had our breakfast and got ready for the campaign.

As we went down I saw that P'Kongpob, P'Gun, and P'Tay were already there. All the three had their glasses on maybe to hide their tiredness. We first went to P'Tay as we found him alone and asked for forgiveness. He just asked to never repeat such things. He also warned us not to play around with them... if we are not serious about our feelings. He also told that he will kill us with bare hands if we do that.

"P.. we might have broken the rules P and hurt them. But we do love them seriously with all our heart P." I said looking into his eyes.
"Then all the best... you will have to earn permission from many people include your fourth-year hazers and my team including me. They are like our little brothers to us. So all the best to 5 of you.." He said and left.

We looked at each other and just tried to cheer ourselves. Later we found P'Gun and P'Kongpob separately. So we went and stood in front of them to apologize. Seeing us P'Kongpob was about to leave which made me want to cry right here.
"Nong listen to them first.. even I am hurt but.. they are your juniors.. our juniors.. we pledged that we will always correct them, support them, and stand by them." P'Gun said. We could just look down out of guilt. P'Kongpob took a long breath and stood facing us.

"We are really sorry P.. We will accept any punishment you give us... but please forgive us P." I said looking into his eyes. All my friends nodded. P'Gun just gave us a small smile and said
"I forgive you Nong.. but from now make sure to not do something knowing that it is a mistake." 
We were all now looking at P'Kongpob. P'Gun nudged him. He sighed before speaking.

"I will forgive you on two conditions. One, promise me that you will never break any rules and never do a mistake knowingly. And trust me... One mistake you do knowingly and you will be out of my life permanently. Two, I need the reason what made you do like that." He said.

"Khab P. We Promise. Please forgive us this one time. And we will tell you the reason after the event P... Please trust us." Knot said this time and we all also assured him. He smiled at us and said that we are forgiven. I don't know what confidence I got... But I just hugged him immediately and started crying saying that I am really sorry.

"Nong.. it is okay.. it has passed... I have forgiven you. just keep your promise that's it. " He said while trying to soothe me. After that, we went and joined everyone. The campaign was going as planned. P'Kongpob and his team along with the seniors hazing team were really working hard and making sure that all of us were safe. We made our way back after the work was done. Now we can enjoy ourselves at the beach after having our lunch.

The lunch was really good. My classmates wanted to play Beach volleyball so I went and asked P'Kongpob... They said they will get the balls and asked our classmates to apply sunscreen lotions so that no one will get sunburns and everybody will be okay while receiving the gears. We followed their suggestions. We were playing along with seniors. P'Kongpob is really good at this game.

After some time he went and sat in the shade. I could see him from where I was playing the game. P'Tay and his friends were to the right side and P'Gun and his friends were to his left. P'Em was also there but to the other side of P'Tay and I guess they are pretty close. P'Kongpob just slept there. I saw P'Em removing his glasses and covering him with a blanket. P'Tay was doing some work while running his fingers in P'Em's hair.

P'Gun was also working along with his friends. But he was making sure that P'Kongpob was sleeping properly. He was evening petting him whenever P'Kong moves and with that, he would sleep again. I was happy seeing he was cared by all. Even I want to be one of them taking care of him and his heart. Today evening we decided to confess to them. We will do it in front of hazers, P'Gun, P'Tay and P'Deer.

We continued playing different games... After an hour or so.. we heard someone shouting something about where P'Kongpob was. He woke up just then. All of them got on to their feet immediately. P'Kongpob first calmed down the girl and asked her to say what happened.

"P..P... We can't find Yuri P.. She was with us playing when suddenly a wave hit us. After that we can't find her P." She said. 

"Em and Tew come with me... Wad... Oak get some dry clothes and blankets... Prae... Maprang get the medicines kit immediately..  and P's make sure not even one person enters the water." He said. The three of them made their way into the water searching for Yuri. The seniors formed a line between us and the water.

All of us were scared and worried for everyone including P'Kong, P'Em, and P'Tew. P'Wad and P'Oak came with dry cloths for 4 of them along with blankets and towels. P'Prae and Maprang also bought the medication and stood in front of the seniors trying to search for Yuri from there. Finally, P'Kongpob found her near the rock. P'Em and P'Tew helped in pulling her out. P'Prae immediately covered her with a dry towel and blankets. They took her to the room and treated them. In the meanwhile, P'Kong and others changed back. 

"Guys stay out of the water... we don't want any risks and don't worry about Yuri she will be fine in an hour. We have been trained to these situations along with giving medical attention so relax. nothing will happen you guys can continue playing for an hour but after that freshen up and meet us near the lobby." P'Kong said assuring us.

P'Gun and P'Tay were checking them for any hurts but were relaxed when they did not find any so were we. P'Kong went to Yuri to check on her along with P'Em, P'Gun. Others were still there and we're looking out for everyone more carefully. After about 45 minutes or so we saw that Yuri was back. We were glad that she was fine and normal again. She apologized to everyone for making them worry about her. P'Prae just shook her head and said that it is okay now.. everything is fine. We went back to freshen up.

All of us were excited about receiving the gears. Gone was the gloomy environment and was replaced with excitement. We were also waiting for the special performance. We were also eager to know who was performing it. We freshened up and gathered in the lobby as instructed and were waiting for seniors who for the first time we're not here before us.