Chapter 17

Kong's POV

A couple of days, we were busy making the arrangements for the flag capturing ceremony including the thread tying part. We wanted to create a warm environment for both seniors and juniors after all the hazing and arguments. So we gave our best to prepare it.

We hazers were mainly juggling between studies and arrangements. We made sure that at least two of us would go to class while the other three will be in arrangements so that we will have notes and also the arrangements will be done.

After complete restless days and nights, today is the day of flag capturing. Before we entered the stadium we hugged each other because we kind of felt emotional and exhausted. We cheered ourselves and made our way to the stadium with a serious expression.

 We stood in our regular positions. All the first years were standing in lines. I and Wad decided to address them together so that it will be audible to everyone which was what we planned before.

"SWADEEKHAB FIRST YEARS TODAY WE ARE PUTTING FORWARD THE LAST CHALLENGE FROM OUR SIDE. YOU ALL MUST CRACK THE CHALLENGE TO EARN THE FLAG WHICH IS BEHIND US. YOU HAVE TIME TILL 6 P.M. IF YOU CAN CRACK THE CHALLENGE YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED AS OUR JUNIORS HEARTFULLY. YOUR TIME STARTS NOW." Both of us spoke together and then we stood in 5 different steps.

The first step was guarded by Tew, second by Wad, third by Oak, fourth by Em, and the last step by me. We stood there without talking. We heard some murmuring sound.. I guess they were trying to understand what was happening. From where we were standing we could see Arthit's gang, Yuri, and two other girls discussing something. We were just staring at them without any expressions.

Arthit's POV

The hazers asked to complete the challenge to win the flag. After that, they went and stood in one line on different steps. They did not speak any other word but are standing there with emotionless faces. I wonder what this means. We started thinking of different possibilities. Yuri and her two friends also joined our discussion.

"Oh I feel like I watching a video game live.. When I was young there was a game with 5 levels upon clearing we can go collect the treasure. Each level was a different task.. I really wanna play it again. " Bright spoke randomly which actually made sense to me..
"Guys.. Bright is right.. The hazers are standing on 5 different steps which are actually at different levels.. that means we need to clear each level one after one and each level has some task." I exclaimed excitedly. 
"I never knew that they have such different ideas.. and Bright.. you are really great." Knot said.
"Ah.. I spoke randomly I did not realize anything." He said scratching his nape and we just facepalmed.

"Okay if they are representing different levels.. then what is each level?" Yuri asked us.
"It may be SOTUS which they were trying to teach us." I replied after a slight thought.
"Yup..! Arthit you are right.. but now what is the full form?"Tutah asked.
"Seniority, Order, Tradition, Unity and Spirit." Knot replied.

"So first is Seniority.. That means we need to ask permission from seniors first and respect them. So let's find any 4th-year hazers and request them to come here and then we will together ask them to accept us as their juniors.?" I spoke hoping that it will work.

We explained the details to our other class students and asked them to try getting hold of the 4th year. We scattered and searched for fourth year. That was when Bright and Tutah found P'Deer and P'Gun.. Wow, they found their love interests haha.. but teasing can wait.. We gathered back in the stadium and asked them to stand in front of us.

"P'Deer Khab and P'Gun Khab please accept us as your juniors Khab." We asked them together as we wai'ed to them. They both nodded their head and then P'Deer spoke.
"Sure we have no problem.. Get through with your hazers now." We looked at our hazers P'Tew moved to one side revealing that we cleared the level. Next was order. 

"Next is Order.. guys we failed to follow many of their orders and commands which one should we do now..?" Knot Spoke after we asked P'Deer and P'Gun to sit in the shade. 
"How about doing the 3Minutes run..? We failed that pretty badly unlike others.. What do you guys think? Also, it was commanded by P'Wad and he is the one guarding it." Prem suggested.
Knot went ahead and announced that we will perform 3 Minutes run 4 times.

We started doing the activity. After 2 times we asked the girls to run ahead of us because we could see them getting tired. After fulfilling the task we hopefully looked at P'Wad.
" Order should also be followed by the commander and we should ensure to look after each other in the process. You have cleared the level." With that said P'Wad moved side like P'Tew clearing the path for us.

We were provided with lunch boxes we sat in circles while having the food. The hazers were still standing in the same positions. P'Prae and P'Maprang made sure that we had our lunch and drinks as it was too hot.
"Guys does anyone know what is the tradition of Engineering students. Or any ideas for the other levels.? " Yuri asked while having lunch.
"I have an idea for unity. We can sing our Engineering song together. We have always failed in coordinating with each other while singing so let's try that." I suggested it and everybody accepted it.
"Guys, why don't we ask the 4th years about our tradition? P'Gun and P'Deer are still here.." Bright suggested. We made our way to their table and wai'ed to them.
"P Can you tell us what is the tradition of Engineering student?" I asked as politely as possible.
"And why should tell you?" P'Gun asked
"P we want to win the flag and be accepted as their juniors P" Bright replied.

"But if it for the sake of the flag nope.. We won't tell." P'Deer said.
"No P. We really want to be engineers and we want our seniors to accept us heartfully. This is our only chance after what all they went through because of us. Please P trust us and help us P" Tutah said with full sincerity and we all nodded assuring them that we also want to be their juniors and engineers.
"Okay.. I don't know how will this be useful because this was not what every year we used to do. Nong Kong came up with a unique idea." P'Gun said.

"We collect the dust which is thrown around and clean the place whenever possible. Because as engineers we don't know in which kind of environment we will have to work.. But that is our tradition. We clean the surroundings whenever possible." P'Deer told us. We thanked them for starting cleaning our university. After cleaning we stood in front of the seniors.
"Is this how you chose to do..?" P'Oak exclaimed.. We did not reply but just stood firmly.
"You cleared the level Khab." P'Oak said and moved to clear his step. We jumped in happiness. I looked towards P'Deer and P'Gun... bowed to them and thanked them. I felt P'Gun trying to be tough towards me but I don't know why. I just set that thought aside and focused back on the challenge.

"Come on guys let us all sing the Engineering Anthem together..." Knot said. We fell into proper lines.
"Start singing at 3... 1....2.... 3" Knot commanded and we sang the anthem with perfect sync among us. We were happy that we are able to sing it with unity.
"Is this how you sing?" P'Em said and then smiled. "You have given me goosebumps guys.. you have cleared the level.." He said and moved aside.

The last level was Spirit. It was guarded by P'Kongpob. We saw how much spirit he has and the determination he has in the game.. in the way he deals with the problems and when he completed all the 54 laps. It really going to be tough to melt his heart to clear the path. I was thinking of ideas but was not able to get any at present. 

"Why not we form the symbol of gear... It means a lot to the Engineers same as What a spirit means to every person." Yuri suggested... We had last 2 hours time. So we were in a hurry. We stood in the formation and waited for the reply.
"Is this what your spirit is.. then let me tell you no.. you haven't cleared the level." P'Kongpob shouted from where he was standing. We were all disappointed we had the last half an hour in hand.

"Sorry guys I wasted the time.." Yuri said.
"No Yuri.. at least we were trying something." Knot assured her that it was not any problem. 
"Guys.. I have an idea. What about making P'Kongpob stand in the center and thanking him for everything he has done for us and chanting "We are Engineers" for him." I suggested. I guess they accepted the idea they were standing in 3 circles and I went to bring my prince down the castle haha.

"P'Kongpob Khab please come down to the field we want to show you our spirit P.. Please P.." I pleaded to him my best. He glanced at the other hazers and then nodded. I felt like there was a silent conversation that took place. But I was happy that he came down along with me. I made him stand in the center.

"Thank you P. For all the things you taught us without giving upon us." I said.
"Without you, we might have received the engineering degree but with no value." Bright added.
"Thank you for giving us the values and guiding us in the right path P... irrespective of how we reacted." Prem spoke next.
"Thank you P for supporting us." Knot said. Then everybody started chanting thank you one after another. He was just turning around to whoever was thanking him. He was taken to surprise and his innocent face was really cute.

"Classmates let's chant thanking the head hazer." I shouted. We then chanted We are Engineers with the highest pitch we could. After that, we stopped hoping for an answer but he just went away without saying anything with a stoic face. I felt like we failed.

After few minutes P'Oak and P'Wad came towards us and asked us to be seated in proper lines within a minute which we did hope that we will be given a chance. They then asked to keep our heads down.. After a good 15 minutes, we heard P'Tew asking us to raise our heads. What we saw next made us speechless. The stadium was lit with candles and there were arrangements made for a thread tying ceremony. We could see a path lit in the form of a gear.

"Send your representative to receive the Flag. Congratulations First years.. We the representatives of the third year hereby announce that we heartfully accept you all as our juniors. Let us stick together and face all the problems. Remember that we are always here helping you and supporting you." P'Kongpob said with a lot of emotions on his face.

Knot went thanked them again.. and then received the flag. They asked him to take utmost care of it which we would do happily. Then the seniors guided us to the Thread tying ceremony. The hazers were standing near the podium seeing the activity done. We all stood in line passing one by one through each senior.

The atmosphere was really warm and made most of the third years and first years emotional. I heard all the seniors wishing luck for both our life and studies. They even promised to stand by us when we need them. I glanced back to where the hazers were standing.. The other hazers were joining at the last of the line but I saw P'Kongpob making his way out.

I don't know why but I followed him with a thread in my hand. I saw him standing facing the wall. I called for his attention and he turned back.. Was he crying was all I could think.. I snapped out of the thoughts when he was waving his hand in front of my face. 

"P'Kongpob can please be the first senior to tie the thread P" I asked. He smiled and took the thread into his hand. I gave him my left hand so that his thread will be unique to me.
"Always work hard.. Don't waste your talent Nong.. Study hard.. And also never leave your loved ones and Nong.. Please take care of the flag." He said while he was tying me the thread. I only nodded with a smile.

Before leaving I said.." P'Kongpob next time you want to cry please let me know.. I will wipe away the tears for you." With that, I left not letting him respond. After that, he made his way back and started tying the thread to everyone.. The day ended with happiness filled in everyone's hearts. All Engineering students were happy and content with the present event.