Chapter 12

Arthit's POV

Today is D-Day... Our freshy event day... I woke up early than usual as I am feeling kind of nervous. My friends all gathered in my room helping me to get ready and were trying to cheer me up.. but it wasn't working... All I could think of was what if I lose... then I won't be able to get that wish...

"Ai'Arthit, I think now only P'Kongpob can make to relax ah... What's happening.. You got to give a long explanation." Ai'Knot spoke as he was still sensing my nervousness but surely he was teasing me.
"Ah... yah... I will tell you after the freshy event ends... In the night.. maybe over drinks.. in my room and also.. you and you Ai'Prem both of you got to tell us a lot of things... you can't hide it." I said.
"Oh Oh, Ai'Tutt... See these people finding their beloved what about us... I to want someone... " Bright started acting emotionally.

"Shut up Bright...!" Ai'Tutt said while smacking his head... Yeah, these two are still the tom and jerry which I found in my life... Can't believe it... They keep on fighting head-on every second but really do care a lot for each other.
"Okay okay.. enough we have to leave now... It's time to go... Ai'Arthit did you pack your College uniform." Ai'Prem reminded me. Oh Shit..! I forgot... I rushed to the cupboard and took my uniform and then we started leaving to the venue. I decided to text P'Kongpob.

"P..! P..! Where are you... I am about to reach the venue."
"Oh, Nong we are already in the venue looking into the arrangements and also making sure that your equipment is all set... We will meet you in the dressing room... You get done with your makeup and dress up.. by then we will come." He replied.
"Khab P.. Thank you na... See you soon P..!" I texted.

I got into the dress-up room where I can see that all the contestants are getting ready with their dresses and makeup... Yuri is already here and is with P'Prae and seems like she is a bit nervous. I took my dress to get changed into them.

"You look really nice Arthit... Okay now get your makeup done.. and you to Yuri... It's gonna be okay.. now get your makeup done." P'Prae said to which we smiled and sat to get our makeup done. P'Kongpob and his friends arrived soon and were making sure that our make-up won't be too heavy not too light.

What can he not do... this man is really amazing I thought. After that, the seniors took a complete look at me and Yuri to check if anything is missing. Suddenly after a whole minute of silence making both me and Yuri nervous, they shouted "Perfect". We let out the breath which we were holding and started laughing seeing them apologize for shouting. He is really cute when he is carefree.

"Ai'Kong it's time for us to get ready... Come on let's go..so that we will be ready before the contest starts and we can support them" P'Prae spoke and they both left to get changed into their dresses. We did not understand why should they get ready and that's when P'Em spoke sensing our confusion.

"They are gonna be the host as well as the event will open with their performance." He said.

We were shocked because P'Kong and P'Prae were mostly with us and we never saw them practicing. They both came out in their outfits. P'Prae was like an angel in the White dress and P'Kong.. he was really breathtaking in his black suit. My poor heart is beating too fast. They both got their makeup done and stood up in front of us. We were not even able to speak a word.

"Ai'Kong... Ai'Prae... You both never fail to make us speechless... and you both are really amazing... " P'Oak kind of whisper shouted.
"Okay okay.. don't stare at us... this event is for our Nong Nong Khab.. please give them the limelight.." P'Kong replied.

"Ah, I know you don't like to be the center of attention. We will be in the auditorium.. you better perform well... gosh.. you did not even tell us what you are gonna perform Kong so be careful and all the best... And Nong you both also relax... there won't be any problem.. and even if there will be any problem trust your seniors to solve it within a second... We are gonna leave now.." P'Tew spoke and they started leaving.

"All the best P's... Yuri and Arthit All the best.. just enjoy the moment and rock out there.. we are also gonna leave now." Ai'Knot and my other friends wished me and left. I went to P'Kongpob as Yuri was talking to P'Prae.
"P'Kong I am nervous P." I told him.

"Nong I told you right result won't change anything to us.. just try your best and enjoy the most. Oh oh.. wait.. you are nervous about the bet ah.." He said... I nodded my head.. he then added.. "okay let me tell you if your performance is really nice then your wish will be fulfilled irrespective of the result.. so cheer up Nong.." He said to me while giving me a side hug...

I could not help but wonder how could he read my mind.. now I could feel myself relaxing... I don't know what got into me but I just hugged him tight and Yuri also hugged P'Prae. The program started and P'Kongpob and P'Prae had to leave for their performance. We were watching from the side of the stage. As soon as the duo took the positions... there were loud cheers in the hall. P'Kong was singing really nice.. he got a really amazing voice. The juniors were shocked seeing him but cheered happily along with the seniors who kept on cheering along with clicking pictures.

Every boy and girl.. cheered the loudest when P'Kong made a heart symbol in between... I and Yuri were just rooted at the side... I could not help but wonder when they practiced...

After the first song, there was a slight power cut... there were disappointed screams heard from the crowd but soon stopped when P'Kong continued singing.

As soon as the song ended the crowd erupted into loud cheers. The host came on to the stage.
"P'kongpob and P'Praepailin... Thank you for giving us this amazing start.." The host commented.

"You both never fail to amaze us with your skills Nongs... It feels like yesterday you both were performing and now here you are hosting and opening the event." One of the judges commented.
"Thank you P." P'Prae replied.

"Aw... Prae.. don't you think it's time for us to give our limelight to the next generation.. " P'Kongpob addressed the gathering while making conversation with P'Prae.
"Yeah.. I am really eager to know who is gonna win this year. I heard that the contestants have different and unique talents this year... By the way Kong... What awards will be given tonight..?" P'Prae asked.

"Most Popular Award... Campus Star and then Campus Moon." P'Kong replied.

"So let us start the event... but before the performances, we shall first be introduced to the stars and moons of each faculty..." P'Kong stopped speaking and then both P'Prae and P'Kongpob spoke together... " Let's welcome them with a round of applause."
Each and every pair introduced themselves including us. We could even feel our seniors cheering loudly for us.

We are now seated backstage waiting for our turn. P'Kong and P'Prae were also with us and we were having some random conversations... they even spoke about the time they were performing in the first year.

It was time for our performance.. both of them wished us luck and also gave us a hug and asked us to be confident. We went on to the stage and my other seniors have arranged the place with drums on one side and singing place on the other side along with the stools.. we thanked them. They left wishing us luck silently. I took my position near the drums made brief eye contact with my friends and the hazer senior and started playing with permission from judges.