Chapter 07

Arthit's POV

Today I kind of felt weird from the morning with the way seniors were around us but I could not figure it out. Not only me even my friends and other classmates felt it. But from the afternoon session, it was back to normal so we shrugged it off as nothing.

Now we were in the cheer hall waiting for the hazing session to start. We could sense some sad emotions behind the faces of second-year seniors although they were acting as if nothing happened. The hazing team entered but P'Kongpob wasn't there and instead, P'Tew was leading the session today. I could feel that there is more to his absence but as of now focused on the meeting. 

P'Tew spoke about respect towards elders and also about unity. He gave us various real-life situations where these play a key role. He even spoke about controlling our emotions and keeping them in check from time to time. After that P'Em came forward.

"Have you all heard about freshy events and games for freshmen against other department freshmen..? he asked us.
"khab P" we answered.
"So let me tell you which all sports will be conducted... For boys Basketball, Football and for girls throwball and Badminton. Also, there will be grandstand decoration which will involve all the students in the class. Along with all these, there will be a freshy event where one girl and one boy from each faculty will represent their respective faculty for Campus Moon and Star title. Am I clear about the competitions?" P'Em spoke.
"Yes P" everyone responded.

"We would also like to inform that we engineers have never lost in any sport for the last 4-5 years and we hope that the record maintains. We expect the freshman to participate and win the games." P'Tew told us. Before we spoke up Prem asked for permission to speak.

"What do you think we are... we are students and no one can win all the games we participate in. Treat us like humans before you treat us like your juniors. Don't talk as if your batch has won all the competitions. I am sure you must have lost at least in one of the games in the freshy events." he exclaimed.

"STOP CHALLENGING AND QUESTIONING US BEFORE YOU KNOW THE FACTS. DO YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW WHETHER WE WON OR NOT RIGHT. LISTEN TO IT FROM THE OTHER SENIORS AND ALSO WE WILL SHOW THE PHOTOS AND DETAILS OF THE EVENTS WAIT.!" P'Wad shouted and asked all the seniors to gather. 

They should us photos of all the events that were conducted. We were shocked to see that the seniors batch has won all the games. The same with the second-year seniors. Then they asked us to open the university site where the winners for moon star competitions were uploaded.

Our third-year head hazer, that is P'Kongpob, won both university moon and popularity award then P'Prae won the university star award which was into the history because no faculty has ever won both the awards including the popularity award.

Then our second-year seniors won the university star award and the boy won the popularity award. With this revelation non of us could even utter a word. We were completely shocked not knowing how it was possible. I guess P'Tew noticed our question marks and answered us.

"The only key for this success was unity, coordination, determination, and hard work. Above all that we trusted each other and supported each other. We looked after each other. There were students who could not participate in all the competitions. They helped us in our studies and also to look after our health. Our all-time aim and goal was to give our best and do our best irrespective of whether we are about to lose or not. We hopped for that results and tried for that but we did not make the results only a reason for us to the activity. We hope that you will keep that record as our juniors but we will not say you will not be our junior if you lose. But we may not consider you as our junior if and only if you give up without any effort." He said in a calm voice but was stern

"And also please select a boy and a girl as engineering moon and star to represent the engineering faculty in freshy event. You may discuss... You have 15min time for finalizing the names." P'Wad informed us as they were about to take a short break till then.

After a lot of discussions, it was decided that I will be the candidate for the moon and Yuri will the candidate for the star. We called for our senior's attention and informed them about the names. They told us that we can approach P'Kongpob or P'Prae for any guidance regarding the freshy events. Then they asked us to elect one of the students as the class president and asked that person to report to them tomorrow with the list of students participating in each game by tomorrow 5 P.M. Then P'Prae asked me and Yuri to stay while others were dispersed. 

We were introduced to P'Minnie who will be in charge of our photoshoots and also providing other required necessities including getting us dressed up for the competition. Then P'Prae left when we were doing our photoshoot. I couldn't help but think about why P'Kongpob was absent so I decided to ask P'Minne about it.

"P'Minne khab, May I ask you a question.?" I asked her calmly so that no other person could hear.
"Yah Nong. Ask me.." he replied in the same tone.
"P'Minnie, Why did P'Kongpob not attend the meeting today? Did anything happen..?" I asked.

I could sense some hesitation to answer the question. But he told me that he will answer it with a condition that I won't speak about it with others to which I nodded and agreed. Then he narrated the whole incident with our dean and also how the seniors felt.

He even told me about what P'Kongpob spoke to the second and third-year seniors supporting us. Shocked was the least expression I could say which I felt. We never knew that there was so much pressure on the hazers and our activities were affecting them so much. I may have been spoiled but I never knew that my actions and my friends' actions would affect so much. 

After the photoshoot, I went directly to my dorm and took some rest. I could not help but feel bad for my actions and the way we spoke. I have decided to talk this out with my friends so that we won't cause any more trouble so I called my gang to my room and spoke to them about everything I knew.

After completing I could see some guilty feelings especially in Prem's eyes. So all of us just decided to work for their acceptance and also not to discuss these things with others. Even Prem has promised to stay in control and not to shout without thinking.

With that, they bid their farewell and I got ready to bed. I planned to approach P'Kongpob for asking some suggestions regarding the performance we should perform.  I am now thinking about a specific senior who always keeps running in my mind.

I don't know my exact feelings towards him but all I know is I am attracted to him and I care about him. I really wanna know what kind of person he is when he is not a hazer. I felt the difference on the day we asked for his signature. I felt like he was kind, collected, and calm. I drifted into sleep with those thoughts.