Chapter 06

Kong's POV

The suspension news of mine spread like a forest fire among the third years. Most of them respect me in my class and so were not happy with the freshman so I felt that if I did not speak up it will cause a rift between the batches. Although Em was against it but accepted it.

"Guys I know everybody is not happy with me getting suspended and also upset with the way the freshman are behaving but above all these things we are their seniors and we should correct them and guide them instead of avoiding them. I hope this will not create a drift between our batches. I am sure that every freshman deserves to be our juniors but some of them are to be guided and disciplined more. So I request every senior to stand by them in this process and not isolate or desert them. Also, we can't blame the freshman for their unintentional incident. " I addressed the seniors which include second and also the third years.

They accepted it and also wished me luck again. After that, I went towards the cheer hall along with my friends but stopped outside.
"Guys just relax... I know you all will do well. Don't forget to mention about the freshy events and also inform that there will not be any sessions after this till the freshy events other than practices for games and the freshy event. Also, make sure to select the candidates. Don't you dare let your anger or other emotions affect the selection process." I told them before they went inside and I sat outside for some time. P'Deer called me and asked me to meet in the hazing room... Before leaving I glanced inside the cheer hall where Tew spoke about respect and spirit.

I made my way to meet P'Deer. To my surprise, I found the whole hazing team there including P'Gun. All the hazers know that we are brothers but never gave me special treatment while at work for which I respect them a lot. I cannot help but feel tensed by the presence of P'Gun because I did not tell him anything that is happening yet. 

"Swadekhab P's" I said as I wai'ed them. I looked at P'Gun who was staring at me with hurt in his eyes...
"P'Gun please don't be mad. I am sorry for not telling you anything." I spoke as I made why to him.

"Oh..! Am I really your P. Not even one issue you told me or any of us.. and I have to come to know about that after you getting suspended. Not even now none of the seniors know what happened. Do you want me to believe that you were reckless like that..? No! So now sit and tell us each and everything that happened from the start of number 01 session and give us the report which you prepare after every session." He spoke with an angry voice.

I gave them the report and narrated to them all the incidents from starting without leaving any part of it. After I completed there was complete silence and all of them were in deep thoughts. 
"So now what do you plan to do Nong. You have another session and flag capturing event before the gear giving ceremony. Is there anything we can help you with.?" P'Deer asked me and all were waiting for my answer. I am damn sure that P'Gun will not like the idea.. but I have to do it. So I took a long breath before I spoke again.

"In the next session, I want them to know that even though we are the third year.. seniors are to be respected and their orders are to be followed without being questioned. They will understand that only when they completely believe that we seniors only want their welfare and there are other seniors who will be there to support what is right." I said.

"Okay but how are you gonna do it.. and what should we do for that."P'Deer asked me.
"P punish us with all the punishments we gave them 200 push-ups.. 200 squats and 200 sit stands together with friends and also to me 54 laps to run around the ground as I will be the in my head hazer position by that time." I spoke with one go.

"No way.. hell with your idea. What do you think of yourself how will you run 54 laps without any mistake of yours." P'Gun shouted at me as he stood up from his seat.
"Ai'Gun wait ..! Stop thinking as he is your brother and think of his idea along with the situation." A senior explained to P'Gun.

"Okay I know this is a good idea but 54 laps is meaningless I won't let him do that.. above that the hazing team is not at fault.. and he also faced suspension without a chance to explain."P'Gun replied with a sight high tone now.
"Okay, Nong we will follow your idea. Inform your friends about it. But there is no need to do all the 54 laps cut it down to 15-20 that will do. Is it okay..?" P'Deer spoke up.
"Yup this is better than that 54 laps." P'Gun said

"Okay P's. Thank you P's. I will leave now. The session might have come to an end. I will meet up with my friends and speak to them about it." I said and stood up to leave.
"And Nong get back to you position from tomorrow itself we will explain things to him and make him remove your suspension." P'Deer said.
"Thank you P. I will now." I said and started to leave.

Just when I reached outside P'Gun came to me and started scolding me for hiding things from him. He also told me that I should talk to P'Tay about it because he could sense my dis-stress the last time we met. He told me to talk to him after the next session before the flag capturing session. I hugged him thanked him for his support. He asked me to take care and then we left for our works.

I met my friends outside the cheer hall and we decided to gather in the hazing room along with the medical team to check the details...

"They selected N'Arthit as moon and N'Yuri as the star." Oak told me as we were sitting. He also told that the junior named Prem questioned us if we could have won all the things if it was us. With that, the medical team and other students of our batch came forward and told them that we won all the events and above that, I won both moon and popularity award and Prae won the star award. They were all shocked.

My friends also told them that it was only possible with unity co-ordination and hard work along with determination. They even informed them that effort is what is necessary and not the result. I was glad that other than heated conversation there were no fists of arguments happening there. Then Tew informed me that he asked them to select a person as class president and that person should report to us tomorrow at 5 in the evening with a list of freshmen participating in different activities. 

Then I told them about meeting with seniors and my idea. They all agreed to it and were ready to do it. At last, I told them that I can take my place back from tomorrow and they all shouted in happiness and hugged me tight. I can see that they were happy and relieved now. After that, I told them that we will keep an eye on the games and try training from tomorrow onwards.