Chapter 19

Kong's POV

We had very little food during our lunch break as we were busy discussing the ideas. We all knew that people were staring at us... but we just shrugged it off as nothing because we got used to it since our first year. After we decided upon one idea we collected our books to make our way towards the dean's office. I made another eye contact with Arthit and smiled at him before leaving.

I don't know but I felt happy seeing him. I knocked on the door before going in. 
"Dean please give us permission to speak to you for some time. Please sir." I requested him.
"Kongpob.. yeah come in. Oh, the other hazers also are here.. Okay okay.. come in. How can I help you all with.?" He asked us.
"Sir, we want to take about the gear giving ceremony sir." Tew replied.

"Okay.. but I already told you right that it will be hard to get permission especially from the supervisors." He replied.
"Sir we have come up with an idea. I guess this will work out. We would like to give it a try sir. This event is really important for ensuring the bond between the juniors and seniors sir. After all the hazing they went through under us. So we want to try everything possible. Please give us another chance sir." I pleaded him.

"I know okay so I will take you to the supervisors will you be able to explain your idea and speak to them... I will surely be by your side and support this ceremony... So can you do it." Dean asked us. We glanced at each other and then nodded with complete confidence and courage we could muster. We made our way towards the supervisor's meeting hall.

Dean first went in and took the permission for us to come in and talk. After few minutes he called us in. We were made to stand in the center of the hall with all their eyes on us.
"Swadee Khab Sirs" We greeted them while bowing our heads. They nodded and asked to speak.
"Sir we came up with some plans we would like to implement along with our gear giving ceremony sir." Tew said politely.
"What is with this gear giving ceremony and all-time waste activities..? " One of them spoke with a harsh tone.

"Sir gear giving ceremony is really important for us engineering students sir. For engineers, A gear represents the pride we take in being an engineer. No system works if one gear doesn't work. It shows our unity. To earn this gear the freshman goes through tough hazing activities and they deserve a memorable ceremony while receiving it. They learn how things go in the outside world. They learn how to follow what their parents have been teaching since a young age. Respect towards seniors, following their order, knowing the tradition, the strength of unity, and the need of spirit.. in simple words SOTUS is what we teach them and prepare them to face the world. We also train them to be future engineers with the same values. This ceremony carries a lot of importance along with emotions for especially the third and first years. After all the hazing we do and go through... this is the moment which makes us take pride in successfully teaching them the values and for them, it is a moment where they feel the result of all the hazing and values they have learned sir. So please give us permission to conduct this ceremony." I replied in a polite but strong and confident way.

Our dean was looking at us with a proud smile and the other supervisors were lost deep in thoughts. We could sense that they are reconsidering their decision.
"Your dean said that you have come up with activity along with the ceremony. Explain it." Another supervisor asked us. 

"Sir we would like to carry out our tradition of cleaning the area to show the importance of keeping the place hygiene. Since we are planning to organize it near the beach area there will be many high school students in and around and this activity will help them realize what engineers are and what all they are capable of. If we make it like a campaign it will also help us in making people aware of our college and its policies. Faculties which take pride in the college and students who take pride in the faculty they dream for." I said in one go.

The supervisors asked us to wait outside for few minutes. We wai'ed to them and stepped out of the room. As soon as we came out we released the breath we did not know we were holding.. We shared a group hug cheering ourselves that we have tried our best in convincing them.

"Ai'Kong you spoke really nice... Cheer up buddy you really did your best. Let's wait and see what will happen." Em said while patting my shoulder. Wad did the same thing and we all sat down. After a good 30min, we were called inside. 

"Okay students. We give you permission. But on a condition that you will be responsible towards every student especially you head hazer and the other hazers." The supervisor told.
"Yes sir. " We all answered together with confidence and happiness laced in our voice. 
"Thank you, sir... We will not let your trust go." I added again and we bowed to them.
"You may leave now young men... All the best." The supervisor said dismissing us. We wai'ed them again and left with our dean to his office. He gave us all a hug.

"I am really proud of you all and Kongpob especially you.. the way you take pride in being an engineer. I am sorry for suspending you at that time... I was forced to do it by those supervisors but thanks to the 4th year students they were able to stand for you. Now the supervisors were all impressed by you and felt guilty for judging you that time without knowing what happened. I am really thankful that you are all my students." He said.

"Sir thank you for helping us sir.. and we know how the pressure from management will be. We really thank you sir for helping us and standing by us now as well as for giving us this chance. " I said.
"Okay now.. go inform about the activity to your first years I am sure they are gonna be happy about this. But take all the precautions. Don't take any risk." He said while dismissing us.

After we came out and made some distance we were jumping like idiots out of happiness. We composed ourselves and then made our way towards the first-year class. We asked permission from the professor to address them. He told he will conclude the class in a couple of minutes and we can speak to them. We thanked them and were waiting outside.

My back was towards the classroom while my other friends were facing the classroom.
"Kong your loverboy is not able to take eyes off you.." Oak started teasing me. I gave a hit on his head. I then noticed that Tew and Wad were busy stealing glances and were not paying any attention. I, Em, and Oak gave each other a knowing smile and nodded and covered their sight with a smirk on our faces. They were like deer caught in headlights.

I and Em started remaking their faces. We started running around the corridors as Wad and Tew started chasing us. Oak was standing there laughing at us and also keeping an eye on the professor. We almost got caught but were saved as Oak called for us saying that the professor is about to come out. We went back to where we were standing. Both I and Em teased them sticking our tongue out. They were about to smack us but stopped seeing the professor. We composed ourselves and made our way into the class.

Arthit's POV

I was busy starring out since P'Kong was there. Their childish acts never fail to make me fall more for him. I was smiling like an idiot seeing them running around the corridors and the way P'Em and P'Kong were teasing P'Tew and P'Wad made me want to laugh out loud but stopped remembering that the professor was still there.

I glanced towards Knot and Prem who were trying really hard not to see them but failing. hahaha. Bright and Tutah were waiting to tease us. After few minutes the hazers came into the class.
"First years we would like to make an announcement." P'Oak said with excitement. I guess whatever they were discussing in the lunch break has succeeded.

"The gear giving ceremony will be held after you all return from your semester break near the beach. All the accommodation and food will be arranged by us. Do take permission from your parents and come prepared for the outing. It will be in 2 to 3 days after the break. The exact date will be informed to you all through the class president Nong Knot. We hope that everyone will be able to come and divide yourselves into groups of 5's and Nong Knot please send us the list before semester break. We will be allotting your rooms and let you know after you return from your break. Make sure to come back as soon as the break is over. How many days is your break?" P'Kongpob spoke.

"4 days P" Knot replied.
"Okay... Are you all okay with the arrangements?" P'Wad asked.
"Khab P. " We replied.
"Do you guys have any other doubts.?" P'Oak asked and we nodded our heads say that we don't have any doubts.

"We will put down some rules for you all so that we can make sure that you all will be safe... You might be adults but we will be responsible for you all and we are answerable to your parents and the management if anything happens." P'Tew warned us.
"We expect you to follow the rules strictly. We will give you the freedom to enjoy if you follow the rules." P'Kongpob said with his hazer voice which made every one of us accept it.

They then left after saying to us to work hard for our exams and also said that we can approach them in the lunch break or in the college timings if they have any doubts regarding subjects. We thanked them. I and my friends made our way to the library but were also watching where P'Kong and his friends were going. They were teasing each other and running around while going towards their dorms. I guess they study together. I and my friends studied till dinner time with some teasing here and there. We had our dinner and called it a day.