Chapter 10

Arthit's POV

After lunch, we went back to our waiting room where we were getting ready in our sports attire for the game. As we got ready I could see P'Wad and P'Em coming towards us talking with each other. My eyes automatically were searching for P'Kongpob who was not here yet.

P'Wad was making us do some warmup exercises and I was gonna play from the start as one of the team member was hurt. I really wanted P'Kongpob to see me play and cheer for me.. As the time was nearing I was getting nervous and so were others.

"Oh since your head hazer is not here.. you guys are again feeling nervous ah..?" P'Em said with a teasing voice.
"Oh P..! It's not that.. but to be frank we are really nervous P... We really don't want to let you down.." Knot answered. 

"Vo Vo Vo... where is this coming from..! We already announced in the canteen loud enough for everyone to hear that we are really proud of you all... we might have some internal fights or arguments but we will never let people mess or look down upon our juniors irrespective of all these competitions. You know we are kind of possessive of our juniors..!" P'Em spoke with a genuine smile which cheered us up a little..

"Oh ho Ai'Em.. We never knew that you can speak such words ah.. ! Wait are you really the Em we know or his doppelganger..? No no, we need him back .. You get lost and send him back" P'Kongpob said while all the other hazers were having a teasing smile on their face. 

"Ai'Kong do you really have to do that now.. Wait let me get hold of you.." P'Em started chasing P'Kong. The hazers may be tough but this side of them was really amazing and has always managed to cheer us up and gave us confidence. After few minutes.. P'Tew stopped P'Em..

"Em.. I am damn sure you are gonna regret chasing him if he gets hurt so stop now lets talk to them it's almost time for the match." P'Tew said. And from that, we understood that all the hazers are protective of P'Kong. Oh ho, I am gonna work really hard when I start courting him... Poor me.

"Okay guys... Let me tell you all your class girls were also scared thinking that they will let us down but they won at last. Let me tell you the same. The result won't change anything.. It is your hard work and determination which we see. And I guess you all worked hard and are giving your best. So don't worry... I meant it when I said that we are proud of you all. Now get ready to have some fun. And Nong Arthit be careful not hurt your legs or hands or your cute face.. you have another competition tomorrow where you will need them." P'Kong spoke to us with a proud and happy voice but I could not help but whine.

"P..! P..! I am not cute P... I am handsome.." I spoke while whining. Everyone burst out laughing shaking their heads...
"Okay okay.. you are handsome now stop whining." P'Kong spoke in between laughing and he was really cute like this but he was calling cute Tsk.!

"Now my handsome juniors... Cheer up and never feel down even if you are about to lose. If you really don't want to let us down... Give them a tough fight till the last second of the game. That is all we want from you all." P'Kong said. They gave us a group hug like before and cheered us up. 

"Now come on guys let's rock out there... And we are sure to lose our voice with all the shouting." P'Wad said.
"Oh as if you don't shout daily especially at the hazing. Poor Nong they are all terrified of you." P'Oak teased him and they started their fight and the rest of us could just shake our heads with their actions.

I feel like they are pretty younger than us seeing them play like this. We made our way towards the court where P'Prae and P'Maprang arranged us some drinks and sat there. We were waiting for the game to start when we heard the students of the science department speaking.

"Oh..! here are the engineering idiot players who need support from the seniors to play a game. Why play a game when they can't do it without encouragement or cheering. Better sit with the seniors doing their works." One of them spoke and the others were laughing.

Every one of our blood boiled including the hazers. All of us were about to retort when P'Kongpob stopped us and stood face to face with the science students and spoke.
"No need to reply these idiots back.. they are just speaking out of jealousy that they don't have their seniors with them to support them. Also, let me tell you guys.. We, engineering students, care for our hard work... determination and unity among ourselves and not about winning or losing... So If you wanna make fun of us you can... but try hurting one of us you are not gonna see light again." P'Kongpob said with a stern voice which left them gulping and making us give a proud smile.

He always handles situations with words and not fists. The game started and we were having a tug of war with them.. yup war not a game. With a final three-pointer from me... We won the game... We immediately rushed towards our seniors and pulled them into the court giving them a group hug and thanking them for everything. The science team members then took our attention.

"We lost to you... but what about your seniors who are just full of talking... Will they be able to at least stand against us... especially you head hazer." One of the science students shouted in between the court. 
"No no... I don't even think they can last us at least for a minute in the court." another person supported him. We were about to launch on to them only to be stopped by our hazers. The whole court became silent waiting for the reaction from our hazers. I could see the second and third years of our faculty smirking and the first years were all shocked. Overall our faculty students were pretty angry. 

"What do you want Nong. " P'Kong asked in a calm voice but was audible to everyone in the court.
"Why don't you 5 have a match with us and prove yourself?" They asked.
"Hahaha, Why should we prove ourselves to you people.. but yes we are up for the challenge just to step your Ego... and to teach you a nice lesson which your seniors failed to. Wad... Get our jerseys ready." P'Kong said a little coldly making them grit their teeth. Most of the students were recording and uploading the videos into the forum. 

P'Kong and other hazer went to change when the coach spoke..
"You don't know whom your questioned Nong. All the best for the game and consequences." With that, he left to his position, and within minutes a person came to record the game and an LCD setup was arranged where the game is going to be displayed.

The third years came forward and arranged some drinks and fresh towels. P'Prae also bought some pain balms and bandages to which the science team spoke..
"P.. are you really scared that your friends will be hurt? Then I guess you should ask them to give up and accept defeat." 
I was about to throw a fist but was stopped by Knot. Then we heard P'Prae reply.
"Oh .. Nong... I guess you misunderstood. These are for you all... You know we are tough but we have humanity.. and above that... Let me tell you Engineers don't give up.. they fight head-on not caring for the result. As well.. you are nothing in front of them." She said very very sternly. We were shocked by the way P'Prae spoke but were happy at the same time. And those science students were again speechless 🤣🤣.

The whole ground which was filled with murmurs suddenly became calm. We looked around to know what happened and that was when we saw our hazers all ready to play standing at one side. Everyone was looking damn hot and handsome in the jerseys. They came forward into the court and stood in front of the science students without breaking eye contact. We were waiting for the game to start.