Chapter 05

Kong's POV 

We made our way towards the medical department to cross check all the necessities. We even asked the medical team along with the second years to be ready for unexpected situations and also asked them to arrange the energy drinks as the freshman will be dehydrated.

After that we made our way towards the ground where the session will be held but to our surprise non of the freshman have reached the ground. We stood in our places with a pissed off face when we saw the freshman coming slowing. After everyone reached I began speaking.
"Can anyone answer at what time we asked you to gather here?" I asked the freshman
"4:00 P.M. khab" Everyone replied at the same time.

"Then why are you all late by 27 minutes 54 seconds...? And why are there some students who are missing?" I asked but there was no reply.
"DON'T JUST SIT SILENTLY. HOW MANY TIME SHOULD WE TELL THAT OUR QUESTIONS SHOULD BE RESPONDED ATLEAST BY ONE STUDENT." Wad shouted as he was fed up with them playing dumb. But still all we received was silence. I could see Arthit and his friends whispering so I called for his attention.

"Student code 0206. Can you stop whispering with you friends and stand up." I called him and he stood up.
"Now do you remember my question about how many student in the department?" I asked further to which he gave me the count of students correctly.

"Now count how many students are here loudly and tell me how many students are missing!" I exclaimed. After counting he reported to me saying that there are 54 students missing from the session.
"Now my question is why are these students missing.. Answer me with a proper reason else all of you will have to do 100 squats before we tell you the next activity." I spoke with a stern voice.

"They are not missing." He spoke after a good one minute. Everyone of the freshman was thinking what he was gonna say. Even we hazers were waiting for his explanation.

"They are not missing P. They send their hearts here to me." He spoke.
"And why did they send their hearts to you Nong?" Tew asked.
"To replace the heart which I gave to P'Kongpob." He spoke with a voice which made my anger rise.

"WHAT..? ARE YOU GONE INSANE... THEN GO RUN AROUND THE GROUND 54 TIMES AND DON'T SHOW UP FOR THIS SESSION. EM ASK SOMEONE TO MONITOR HIM." I shouted.
"REST OF YOU FALL INTO FOUR LINES AND GET READY FOR TODAY'S ACTIVITY" Wad shouted in continuation to which they followed asap sensing our anger. I can feel that a freshman Prem was wanting to shout but Nong Knot held him and stopped him.

Tew explained them about the activity which they should do. We call it 3 Minutes target. After 3 failed attempts of them..  I decided to go and stop Arthit from his laps but to my surprise I can see him sitting and drinking water while Em and Prea were having an argument.

I walked towards the Nong and stood beside him and asked him why isn't he running.
"P'Prea asked me stop. You said that we should listen to our seniors so I stopped running." I am glad that she stopped but I was pissed of with him. He is selective in nature.. He uses situations and rules very much.

So I told " Don't talk the talk.. walk the talk" and left towards my friends who were discussion about what Arthit did.
"Em.. Prae.. enough of the discussion.. I know he is messing up again Em.. Let it off. Prae give him another drink if he wants and let him off to his dorm. Em let's go back to the session." I said and pulled Em along with me to the session.

I saw Arthit leaving with his head down. I guessed that Prae must have put some senses into him before sending him.
I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw that a freshman was about to faint. I was walking towards her and just before she could faint I held her and called for the medical team who took her away to treat her. I remember that they were informed that students with health issues may inform us and take rest.. They did not care to inform us as well the students beside her did not even notice something wrong.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU LEARNT ABOUT UNITY..? NOT EVEN ONE PERSON KNOW ABOUT HER HEALTH ISSUE? WE DID INFORM THAT IF YOU HAVE HEALTH ISSUES COME TO US AND ABOVE THAT NOT EVEN ONE PERSON AROUND HER DID NOT NOTICED ANY CHANGES. IS THIS WHAT YOU CALLED RESPONSIBILITY OR FRIENDSHIP." I shouted out with complete anger and left the session followed by Em. 

"EVERYONE CAN LEAVE NOW. BEFORE LEAVING THE MEDICAL TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE ENERGY DRINKS.. COLLECT THEM.. DRINK.. RELAX AND THEN LEAVE." Tew spoke as I was leaving.
"ALSO THERE ARE PAIN BALM AND OTHER REQUIRED MEDICINES IF IN CASE YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM. GO TO THE MEDICAL TEAM FOR THE NECESSITIES. NOW DISPERSE." Wad said. They made their way towards us. Oak was making sure that everyone gets a drink and some students were given the balm for their leg pains. 

"Ai'Kong this is too much we need to do something.. we have one session before the freshy events and another one after that. They need to be disciplined." Em expressed his worry.. which was actually the same thing I was thinking about.

We received a notice from Dean asking us to meet him ASAP and I knew it will be pretty bad. I took a long breath and we 5 of us headed towards Dean's Office where he just blamed us for the negligence and health problem of the freshman. I was suspended from my position for a week. The others tried to explain but it was in vain. I know he is not gonna listen so just stood silently.

"Okay sir.. I accept the permission. Thank you for not cancelling the activities and sorry for the trouble sir. Please let us leave now sir. " I said.. we left after he gave us permission. 
"Guys relax. It's only a week and I will be back after that. In the mean time carry out the next session and I will think of a way to teach them. And don't forget to mention them about the freshy events." I said trying to cheer them up.

"Ai'Kong this is not fair. We were not at fault this time." Oak said holding my hand.
"Yah.. Even the dean is not willing to listen to want happen." Wad added.
"It's okay guys let's just take rest for today.. He must have received pressure from the management.. you know how it will be right.. And a week will pass in no time.. And Tew be careful tomorrow.. Wad don't loose your temper. " I said. After that we bid farewell and went to our respective dorms.

After freshening up I texted the previous head hazer P'Deer asking him when we can meet. We made an appointment for tomorrow evening. After that I went to my dreamland as soon as I hit the bed.