Chapter 63- Cooking

Jungkook lead you to the car and sat you down. Tears streamed down your face. He closed the car door and then turned to you. The driver started the car and started driving you home. "Zaynah, are you okay?" He asked you. You buried your face in your hands and sobbed. "Baby.." He pulled you closer to him and hugged you. You cried into his shirt. "Shh.. It's okay. I'm here now." He whispered. You cried harder. He tried to calm you down, and it worked. He held your shoulders and sat you up straight. He sighed, sadly. 

He wiped your tears away with his thumbs and held your face. "I'm sorry.." He said, softly. "W-Why are you sorry?" You asked as your voice broke. "I wasn't able to protect you.." He pursed his lips as he squinted his eyes shut. You held his face. He opened his eyes. "It's not your fault that he did that.." You told him. He held your hand that was on his face. "It is.. I told you that I would protect you no matter what, but I failed.." He trailed off. "Jungkook, don't blame yourself. It wasn't anyone's fault." You reassured him. 

He looked into your red, puffy, watery eyes. "I hate seeing you like this.." He whispered as he leaned his forehead against yours. You smiled, softly. "I.." He put his finger over your lips. "Just rest.." He told you, softly. "I'll rest when I get home.." You told him. He nodded and then put his arm around you. You rested your head on his shoulder. He ran his fingers through your hair and you both stayed like that for the rest of the car ride. 

You finally got home. You both got out of the car and went upstairs. "I'll see you later.." You told him as you opened your bedroom door. "Do you want some company?" He asked. "Maybe later.. Thanks for asking though." You forced a smile upon your face and then went inside your room. You freshened up and then lay down on your bed. Someone knocked on the door, and without waiting for you to answer, they let themselves in.

You sat up. "Oh, hey." You said as you rubbed your eyes. Jungkook had a bowl of soup in his hands. He locked the door and then put it on the side table. He sat down beside you. "You didn't have to.. Bother anyone into making me anything.." You told him. He smiled and then put your hair behind your ear. "I didn't bother anyone into making you this." He said, softly. "But.. The maids.." You reminded him. "They didn't make this for you. I did." He told you. Your eyes widened. "You know how to cook?" You asked, surprised. 

"This was my first time cooking.. I hope you like it." He said as he took the bowl. You smiled at him. He took the spoon and blew on the soup to cool it down a little. He reached out to you. You opened your mouth and he fed you. You swallowed as you watched him bite his lip, nervously. "How is it?" He asked. You smiled at him. "It's good, but a little plain." You told him, honestly. His eyes drooped. "Come, let me help you make it a little better." You took his hands and pulled him out of you room, happily. 

You both got into the kitchen. The maids were all in there. "Uh, you guys can go. We're making dinner tonight." You told them. They all looked at each other, confused. "Didn't you hear her?" Jungkook raised his voice. They left. You led him to the stove. You grabbed a pot from the cupboard. "So what do you wanna make for dinner?" You asked him. "Wait, I thought that we were just making you some soup?" He raised an eyebrow. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to make something for everyone else. And.. Besides, it might help get my mind off of things." You said. He nodded and rolled up his sleeves. "So, what do we do?" He asked.

"What do you wanna eat?" You asked. "How about.. Chicken salad?" He suggested. "Oh, that sounds good." You nodded. You got the chicken breast out of the freezer and put it out to defrost. He stood close to you. "What should I do?" He asked. "Hm.. Maybe you could wash the vegetables." You told him. He nodded and then got the vegetables out of the fridge. He went over to the sink and started washing the veggies.