Chapter 32- The Revealed Secret

"What kind of favor..?" I asked, nervously. 

"It's clearly too dangerous for both you and your mother. First, you got shot at the wedding and now your mom is missing. We can't take any more risks. We have no choice but to make you one of us." Namjoon told me. 

My eyes widened. 

I backed away from then but then bumped into Jungkook, who was behind me. 

He put his hands on my shoulders. 

"W-what do you mean by that..?" I asked. 

"We want you to train to be part of the gang." Hoseok clarified. 

"And by that, we mean that you would have to train in martial arts and train with weapons." Seokjin said.

"Tell me. Have you ever handled a gun before?" Yoongi asked. 

I shook my head. 

They all smiled.

I was really confused. 

"You're going handle way more than that. Things like guns, knives, bombs, grenades, gas and stuff like that." Jimin added. 

I gulped. 

"Do I have to..?" I asked. 

"Zaynah, we all think that this would be best. I know that this is a lot to take in, but we won't always be around to protect you." My stepfather told me. 

"We'll give you some time to think about it.." He said before signalling them all to leave and leaving himself.

Jungkook was the last to leave. He didn't. 

He closed the door behind them and came back inside. 

I backed away from him which made his eyes soften. 

"Are you.. Afraid of me..?" He asked as he came closer to me. 

I tripped over the stool behind me and fell to the ground. 

He rushed over to help me. 

"N-No, it's okay. I'm f-fine." I told him while stuttering. 

"Zaynah, I don't want this whole mafia thing to get in between us.." He said. 

I didn't look at him. 

"Zaynah? Zaynah, please look at me when I'm talking to you." He urged. 

I didn't move. 

"Zaynah!" He raised his voice which made me flinch. 

"I.. I'm sorry.." I told him without thinking much about it. 

"Why are you apologizing? Just do what I-.." He realized what had just happened. "You really are scared of me, aren't you?" He asked as he kept his eyes on me. 

I didn't react. 

He reached out and held my face. 

I flinched as his cold hands touched my warm skin. 

He lifted my face up and came closer to me. 

"Please.. I don't want you to think of me as a bloodthirsty killer.. I wanna be your protector. I would never hurt you.." He reassured me as he caressed my cheek.