Chapter 44- Revenge

You were in your room still. "Baby, we're going to go home now. Are you sure you're going to be alright by yourself?" Your mother asked you. "Yes, mom. I'll be fine. Besides, I'm used to this now." You reassured her. "I'm starting my shift in the children's hospital tomorrow.. So I'll see you after. That'll be at about 10:pm, okay?" She told you. "Yeah, mom." You nodded. She kissed your forehead. "I'll arrange for your brothers to come here straight after school tomorrow. Is that okay?" Your stepfather asked you. "Um.. If if doesn't trouble them, then sure." You answered. He smiled. "Okay, goodnight." He said before leaving. "Sweet dreams." Your mom said as she closed the door.

They left. You sighed. Someone came inside. "Jungkook? Don't you have to go?" You asked him. "Your mom and my dad left in their own car. We're going to stay here a little longer. And by 'we' I mean 'me'. My brothers are outside." He told you. He smiled at you. You sat up. "No, no. I don't want you to be in pain. Lie back down." He urged. "Kookie, I'm fine." You reassured him. "If you're sure.." He said, giving in. You smiled at him. He took your hands in his. "Can I stay here with you?" He asked. "You have school tomorrow." You reminded him. "I don't care. I never liked school and I never will. I wanna be here for you." He said. "Jungkook, people would get suspicious.." You told him. He rolled his eyes.

"Have your friends even asked you how you are?" He asked in annoyance. "I haven't checked my phone.. It's dead.." You told him. "So you won't even be able to text or call me?" He pouted. "You're such a little kid." You ruffled his hair. He stopped your hand and moved it. You looked away, awkwardly. He lifted your chin and made you look at him. "What..?" You asked him, nervously. "I'm older than you. My birthday was in September and you didn't even get me anything." He said. "I didn't know.. Sorry.." You apologized. "It's okay." He told you. "How old are you now?" You asked. "I'm 17." He answered. "When's your birthday?" He asked. "November 7th.." You replied. "Well, there's not long to go. It's October 31st today." He reminded you.

"Yeah, you're right." You said. He leaned in. You pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing.." You told him. "Then, kiss me." He said. You looked at him, sadly. "What happened?" He asked, confused. "I just wanna go home and live my normal life.. Ever since.." You trailed off. "Ever since you've been a part of my life, all you've done is get hurt?" He finished your supposed sentence. "No, No.. It's not like that.." You reassured him. "Except.. It is." He said. "Jungkook, that's not what I meant.." You told him.

"You used to tell us all the time that you hated us. It's not much of a secret that you still do." He mumbled. You cupped his face. You looked into each other's eyes. "Jungkook, I love you a lot.." You told him. His eyes softened. "It's just that.. I feel like I'm being targeted for having a relationship with any of you. Ever since my father died, I didn't think anyone cared about me. Like I said, my mom spent a lot of time away from me and we don't really have any other family members around. But now, with you, I feel warm and safe." You said.

He smiled. "I'm honored.. I love you too and I feel the same way." He told you. You both cupped each other's faces. He caressed your cheek. You leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back. You had nice couple of moments. You pulled away. He smiled at you. "I'll call you later. You should all go home now. It's getting late." You whispered. "Just one more." He pleaded. You smiled. You both leaned in and kissed again.

This time he pulled away. "You look beautiful.. But you feel different.." He said. "What do you mean..?" You asked. "You feel like you're uncomfortable when you kissed me. All the other times you felt like you wanted to.." He clarified. "I don't understand.. I feel the same way. Maybe it's because I'm in pain." You suggested. "Maybe.." He said, quietly. You pecked his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" You told him. He nodded without smiling. He left and then all his brothers came inside.