Chapter 16- "Agreements.."

Someone knocked on my door. 

"Come in.." I said, reluctantly. 

Hoseok came inside again. 

"Hey.. Sorry to keep bothering you like this, but I just wanted to let you know that I can't study with you later. Something came up.. Maybe tomorrow..?" He told me, in a disappointed tone. 

"Oh.. Sure, it's no problem." I reassured him. 

"Um, bye.." He replied as he closed the door. 

"Bye.."

"Oh well, looks like I can get some time to myself after all.." I thought to myself. 

I continued to work on the project.

[TIME SKIP: 3 HOURS LATER (8:00pm)]

I headed downstairs because the maids told me that it was time for dinner. The house was empty and quiet. 

I went to the dining room and sat down. No one was there. 

A couple of minutes pass and there was still nobody. 

My mom walked into the room. 

"Oh hey, sweetie. Your brothers just went out to go and help your father do something at work. They'll be back later, so don't worry." She told me as she smiled. 

"I'm not worried.. I'm grateful that they got out of here so that they're not bothering me for once." I mumbled to myself. 

She sighed. 

The maids came inside with the food and we both eat. 

We catch up on everything that was happening. 

It felt like it was just me and her again. Just the two of us. 

It felt like old times, where I could just be myself with no fears, worries or without anything or anyone making me feel uncomfortable. It felt so good to just spend some quality time with my mom again. 

After we finish eating our dinner, I went back to my room and finished up doing the research of my project. 

At 10:00pm, I was feeling a little bored so I decided to go down to the kitchen and get to know the maids a little more. 

"Young Mistress? Did you need something? You could've just called us if you did." Ana told me. 

"No, I didn't need anything. I was just bored so I wanted to come and get to know you guys better" I reassured them as I smiled. 

"Oh? Alright then.." She said as she got back to work. 

"How long have you been working here?" I asked, trying to make conversation. 

"Uh, for about 10 years.." She answered. 

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I asked. 

"I am 36 years old." She replied. 

"Do you like working here?" 

"It's.. bearable.. I've gotten used to everything, so it doesn't really effect me anymore." She explained.