Chapter 46 - Béa

Both were seated almost instantly, and Jasper twiddled with his thumb, eyeing all the customer's in the restaurant. Kane had been eyeing every single of Jasper's movements, wanting to know more about his behaviour.

Jasper drove leaned backwards, barely glanced on his rearview mirror and hide his phone before he even started the car, forcing himself not to use it during his drive. Surprisingly, he listened to the morning biology news station, listening to any breakthroughs or any updates on recent studies, and then turned on to the music stations. He put on mainstream music, but Kane was unsure if he really did listen to these songs since he did not move his head once, and knew none of the words.

He drove with one hand on his thigh and his left hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. When it was time to turn, that's when he raised his right hand and laid it flat on the edge of the steering wheel, rotating it while leaving his left hand on his thigh. He glanced towards Kane a few times, and Kane met his gaze, Jasper snorting, "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

Kane also noticed that Jasper loved to touch the tip of his own nose. It was a strange thing, as if he did it whenever he was in thought—he would itch the tip of his nose with his pinky nail, and it was brief, barely even realizing he did so. When Kane asked him about it, Jasper glanced down at his hand before laughing, "See, I forget I do that sometimes. I'm not sure why I started doing that."

One thing that Kane loved watching Jasper do, was how he twirled his finger through his own ginger curls, toying with them. And when he asked why, Jasper replied, "My hand's bored. Or maybe," his eyebrows wiggled, "you can give me something to play with."

The restaurant they went to was named Mon Amour, apparently it was founded by French immigrants almost a century ago, and had been standing ever since.

While seated, Jasper's complete friendliness on his face was gone, a deep furrow while he examined the entire restaurant. He was focused, tapping his nail against the table while they waited for the server to take their orders. It took a minutes before the server approached them with her notepad, and the moment Kane saw her, he knew this was not going to be a breakfast he could stomach.

The server was a woman with her uniform exposing the well-rounded cleavage of her breasts, and although all the other employees were wearing dress pants, her uniform was a dress, adorning her curves and her slender tanned legs. Her long hair was in a ponytail, and she had lightweight makeup brightening her hazel eyes. Her lips had been plumped with gloss, and her eyelashes had been greatly extended.

She first eyed Kane and then Jasper, and a long smile pulled her lips, one with a mount of mischief behind it. She leaned forward, only revealing her breast even more while she placed both their glass onto the table, filling it with water. "My name is Béa and I will be your server today. Can I get you started with something or are you ready to order?"

"Are you ready?" Jasper looked to Kane for confirmation, and when he nodded, Jasper pointed to his order on the menu. "I would like the Big Breakfast please."

"How would you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled."

"Oh, you're one of those guys?" Béa giggled, raising her eyebrows with her eyes squinted.

Jasper glanced towards Kane for second, but when Kane's gaze seemed to evoke confusion as well, he frowned,
"Excuse-me?"

"You know what they say. A man usually gets it over-easy," she winked, chuckling even more.

Kane furrowed his brows, "I've never heard anyone say that."

"Me neither." Jasper's gaze returned to the menu, "Could I have sausage links, extra bacon on the side, hash browns and whole wheat toasts?"

"Absolutely," she jotted all her notes down before meeting his gaze again. "Anything else I could get for you?"

"That'll be all."

"Are you sure?" she leaned towards him again, and Kane inhaled a sharp breath, suppressing all the heat from the boiling of his blood. He could feel it from the pits of his stomach and he was doing everything to control it. Besides, this was the first time they hung out together—no way he should be thinking ahead already. They weren't dating, and Jasper was free to do and flirt with whoever he wanted.

Jasper laughed, "Yes, I'm sure."

"And for you?"

"Exactly the same as him."

"Alright," she grabbed the menus, "They should take about ten minutes, alright?"

Jasper nodded his head, "Yes, thank you."

"You are absolutely welcome," she bit her bottom lip, lowering her eyes to his lips which he noticed, before meeting his gaze again and winking. Kane instantly felt as if he was going to throw up, and Jasper giggled, watching her exaggeratively away her hips before walking towards the kitchen.

Jasper turned to Kane, "Her flirting amuses me." The uneasiness that spread across Kane's face made him lean forward, "Don't tell me you're jealous?"

"I'm not jealous, we're not dating," he shrugged his shoulders, narrowing his eyes. "There's no reason to be jealous."

"Mhm," Jasper sent him a knowing smirk, "then I'll just get her number then."

"What?" The way Kane's head rapidly lifted, his eyes appearing as if he was a lost puppy.

Jasper shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah. It doesn't bother you, does it? Unless you admit that it does and then I won't."

Kane rolled his eyes, "I'm not jealous. You can do whatever you please."

The smirk that extended Jasper's lips made him even more furious, "Fine then."