Chapter 48 - In A Mood

We should hang out more often—it was fun.

We're taking it slow, but just know I want you.

Mmm, your lips just make me feel some way.

I'll see you at school.

Kane's entire body continuously throbbed whenever he remembered the way Jasper had started at him, as if he thought the most handsome man on earth, as if he was the only one that mattered. He remembered the way Jasper had gripped him, his fingers lingering along his flesh or how his hands had felt when they interlaced their fingers together.
There was no way he was letting these feelings go, even if it meant betraying a few people.

Ally had not spoken to him much ever since he returned home that Saturday. It was clear she was upset about something but she was not talking to him about it. Throughout the weekend, she barely even looked at him, and whenever he said anything, she ignored him completely or had dry responses.

Kane had enough of this Monday morning when he asked Ally if she would be the one driving and she shrugged her shoulders, leaving the bedroom. He grumbled a curse word under his breath before storming from his bed, "Yeah, be a sissy about whatever reason you're mad."

"You don't think you did anything wrong?" she raised her eyebrows while she walked back in the room, staring at him as he searched through his closet for clothes.

He rolled his eyes, "Clearly I don't know what I did wrong—you can talk to me about it like an adult though."

"Oh no," Michael walked by, Tessa followed behind him as they headed for the kitchen, "they're arguing."

"Let's stay out of this one at all cost," Tessa whispered behind him, pushing him forward to escape from them rapidly.

"Jasper is my ex-boyfriend, Kane. How is that not obvious?"

Kane snorted, "You're over him and you don't even like him?"

"Who said I ever stopped loving him?!"

"Stop being dramatic Ally," Kane spat. "You literally said you hate him."

"I never said that."

"Besides, he's gay."

"He's bi."

"He's more gay than bi which is why he said he never loved you." Ally was taken aback by that, inhaling a sharp breath and that oxygen getting stuck in the crevices of her throat for a moment, staring at the grooves of encircling Kane's face into a deep frown. When Kane saw the hurt sprawled across her face, all his tightened muscles softened, "I didn't mean to say that."

Ally spun around on her heels without any response, storming to the bathroom with Kane following at her heels. "Ally, okay fine, I messed up."

"Don't talk to me," she was seconds from slamming the door when Kane shoved his foot through, not letting her close the door on him. "I have to get ready anyways so stop bothering me."

"Ally, what would you like me to do?"

"Stop having sex with him until I'm ready to let him go!" Ally shouted, and the choking sound she started making made it clear she was on the brims of tears. "Stop enjoying a time that I wished I had, at least until I've moved on."

"Hasn't it been already months?" When Ally simply narrowed her eyes even more, Kane shook his head, "Alright fine, I'll stop."

"No you won't."

"Yes, I will." Seeing her eyes starting to swell with tears was enough to cause his heart to ache and he leaned towards her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "You're my sister. I never meant to hurt you, alright? I love you."

She leaned her forehead against his chest, letting a long exhaled sigh before quietly relying, "I love you too."

***

"I wasn't trying to take advantage of you," Jamie walked beside him while they made their way inside the school.

She was the last person he wanted to speak to at the moment—he had agreed to stop hanging around Jasper but he felt a stinging the closer he stepped towards the school, knowing that he would eventually cross path with Jasper's gorgeous green irises and his toned physique and have to tell him that he didn't want to have him embrace him in such lust and want anymore, that he didn't want to feel the lingering of his tongue along the veins of his neck and he didn't want to feel the gripping of his nails deep into his forearm.

He had to tell him that he hadn't felt anything when he interlaced their fingers while he was lead out of the restaurant, that he didn't want to spend the night at his anymore and that he didn't crave hearing his moans.

There was no turning back now and he had to do it; Ally was his family.

"I was as drunk as you, trust me. But I know I probably made you uncomfortable and I'm sorry about that."

"I really don't care," Kane chuckled, glancing towards her before turning away and stepping closer to Ally.

Kristen had been walking behind them, and when she heard Kane's dry tone, she laughed, "Jamie, let someone else go for him."

"Right," Megan snorted, "we've laid off because you asked us to but seriously, give up already. He does not like you."

"You two are pretty mean," Ally narrowed her eyes, grabbing Jamie's hand and pulling her a few steps away from Kane. "It's fine, he's just in a mood."

"Why is he in a mood?" They suddenly heard a voice behind them, one that they never heard this early in the
morning. All four of them turned, and Kane gulped—he hadn't expected to see him this early, even before school started.

They all met the green irises of a energized Jasper who sensed something was off.