Chapter 98 - Watch Yourself

His eyes were piercing through Kane's soul as he shoved him aside and stepped inside the home, removing the black hood over his head before returning his hands inside his pockets. Kane barely even recognized him; all his beautiful ginger curls had been cut off, left with a trimmed buzz cut that Kane never imagined he would condone. There was a scar that cross his left eye, from his eyebrow to the corner of his eyes, and he seemed to have toned even more ever since he left. His skin was tanned, his jaw was much sharper with little hairs forming along his jawline.

Jasper was much more different than he used to be. His regard was cold and filled with a flame of vengeance, as if he had something he needed to prove and he was determined to do so, but also that he no longer cared who he would hurt in the long run. His presence was bold and intimidating, that even Kane swallowed hard, forgetting that it was his home and not Jasper's. His aura was simply dark and suspicious, and Kane couldn't help but wonder what happened to him in these few weeks.

His heart had already skipped multiple beats and it continued to pound against his chest—he was positive Jasper had heard it when he walked by. Even so, he kept a straight face, or at least attempted to, but at the same time, being in front of the guy that he had missed for such a terribly long time, was causing tingles to run across his skin.

However, his eyebrows furrowed when Jasper shouted at him, "You're a coward for sharing that picture."

Kane blinked, taken aback from that line. It took a few seconds before he asked, "What?"

"You fucking heard me." Then, Jasper reached for the hem of his hoodie and started pulling it cover his head. However, the shirt inside stayed stuck to the hoodie and it lifted as well, revealing the new angel wings tattoo across his chest, one that had not been there before Jasper left. Along with that, when he removed his hoodie, Kane took sigh of the dragon and Japanese's symbols tattoos that reached his elbow on his left arm, covered slightly by the sleeve of his shirt. His arms muscles were lingered with veins that Kane could see and he attempted to stop his body from reacting but a sudden tingle swamped his stomach.

However, all these butterflies ceased when Jasper spat, "You wanted my attention, well then you got it. Now that I'm here, how are we going to settle this?" His shoulders broadened and he widened his arms, waiting for an answer as he raised an eyebrow. The menacing glare he sent Kane was frightening that Kane glanced elsewhere for a second.

"Jasper," Kane stepped forward, frowning, "I didn't send that picture."

"Stop lying to me!" he snapped, his fingers burying into his palm and forming fists.

Kane rapidly shook his head, feeling his breath starting to shorten as he assured, "It was not me, I swear! I never even had the photo in the first place!"

Jasper stepped towards him as well, squinting his eyes. "Bullshit, that person must've sent it to you too."

"Well they didn't because I never got that picture."

It seemed as if his mind had suddenly unlocked, and counter thoughts were starting to berate his initial assumption. But he still was not buying that Kane had absolutely nothing to do with that picture being suddenly published publicly on a social media website and spreading like a wildfire to the point that almost everyone in their city had come across it.

He folded his arms across his chest. "Regardless, I asked you to find out who it was and you didn't."

Kane inhaled a sharp breath before he widened his arms. "How the fuck do you expect me to do that?"

"I don't know but you should've found a way!"

"Why?!" Kane spat back, getting into his face and gritting his teeth. Not only was the sudden picture being broadcasted across social media bothered him, but it was the fact that this guy who had told him he loved him, and then vanished, returned to his home weeks later to scream at him when he had nothing to do with that photo being taken or shared. Even worse, Kane had no problem admitting that he was bisexual but this picture was making it seem as if Jasper was ashamed. "Why did I need to get rid of that picture?" When Jasper didn't answer right away, Kane raised his eyebrows, "Is that why you left?"

"What I do has nothing to do with you—"

"Because you were scared people figured out that you fucking like men!"

Jasper grunted, closing his eyes for a second before pointing a finger towards Kane. "Watch yourself treasure—"

"Because they were going to figure out that you fucked Jay, wasn't it?!"

Suddenly, Kane felt fingers grip his collar before he was slammed against the wall. He felt the ache across his back but he ignored it, focusing his sight on the green eyes he thought he would never see again. Jasper was breathing heavily, as if there was smoke rushing from his nose as he gritted his teeth.

There was a few seconds of a pause between the two of them before Jasper hissed, "Don't you say that ever. You have no idea what happened between Jay and I and it had nothing to do with that photo."

Although Kane had no intention of bringing this up, he figured it was the only chance he really had to question Jasper about it. Jasper was confused when a smirk pulled Kane's lips. Soon enough, Kane said, "You're right, I don't know much about you and Jay. Does it have anything to do with the NDA you forced all of them to sign?"

Instantly, all the colours drained from Jasper and even his grip loosened until he simply pulled away from Kane entirely. He stared blankly at Kane, even his eyes losing their colour and focus for a minute, his mind running with wild thoughts, remembering the way his fingers had been shaken when he was handcuffed a few months ago and brought to the police station for questioning. It started replaying the minutes of his life that he thought his life would never be over, that the video would destroy any chance for him to even show his face anywhere.

After a few minutes passed, it seemed as if a light flashed across his eyes before his focus returned. He had not heard these words since the last day all the football players agreed to sign, and as far as he was concerned, none of the football players were supposed to speak on what happened, neither even mention an NDA. The first thought that crossed his mind was who could have possibly broken the NDA. But then, he realized it didn't matter who had mentioned it, what mattered was how much Kane knew and that was what Jasper needed to find out.

"I'm not sure what you think you know," Jasper finally spoke, stepping a few steps back from Kane, "but you shouldn't meddle in things that aren't your business."

"It is my business," Kane snapped back, folding his arms. "Jay's my friend."

"Exactly my point, I don't give a fuck what is going on between you and Jay," he screamed. "Then you shouldn't care about Jay and I!"

"Well it's a little different, I didn't fucking violate him."

Jasper felt all his muscles tightened, his blood fuelled with fire as he grinned his teeth together. In months, this entire mistake had been swept under the rug and never had he imagined that a random kid that had never been there during the situation, would throw it back onto his face.

He clenched and unclenched his fingers repeatedly, exhaling a long sigh before he finally retorted, "You have no idea what happened."

"How about you tell me what happened?"

"It's already been sorted Kane," he widened his arms in disbelief, feeling the rage starting to overwhelm him.

"Obviously not if Jay isn't over it."

"I talked to Jay," Jasper yelled back. "I still kept in touch with Jay behind closed doors, he's fucking fine."

"Oh is he?" Kane rolled his eyes. "Then why is Jay living with me right now?" The instant he said that, he knew he shouldn't have, because Jasper's eyes suddenly blanked.

He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Forget I said that—"

"No, Kane." Jasper reached forward and gripped his shoulders, and Kane immediately felt his heart start to pound again. His touch was one he had begged to happen again during the weeks Jasper had disappeared and now that he was finally in his grasp, it was hard to overlook the list. But he maintained his composure, even curled his lip in disgust from the sudden grab. Jasper didn't care though and instead gripped him harder. "What's going on?"