Chapter 61 - I Love Him

"Easy, Kane."

Before he could say anything else, Kane had lunged towards him, swinging his fist forward and Jasper was thankful for all the combat classes his mother had forced him to take when they lived together, dodging the punch without trouble.

He took a few steps back, "Kane, let's talk." He had not expected Kane to appear this way—his entire face seemed to be in a shadow and the life was gone from his eyes, as if he was a completely different person.

And he had caused that.

Kane didn't respond; instead he grabbed his bow of cereal and threw it in Jasper's direction, Jasper dodging and the milk and cereal splattering all over the walls. Mike had always been a freak with decor, and he knew that was one thing he was going to make him combust. "K! What the hell are you—"

Another punch was thrown his way and this time he caught it with his hand, swirling around Kane and gripping him from underneath his armpits to the back of his neck, holding him locked from behind him. Kane could not move his arms, and Jasper's grip was tightly on him that the only thing he could do was speak.

"The minute you let me go, I'm ending you."

"Then I'm not letting you go and we can talk," Jasper breathed heavily, resisting against Kane's urges to escape.

"No, the talking is done. I only want to fight you."

"And I don't want to fight you."

"All you do is betray people, stab them in the back for your own entertainment," he spat.

Jasper shook his head, "I didn't betray you."

"Shut up!" The way Kane growled, Jasper tightened his hold. "You had no right to tell Jay these things."

"Let's talk about it then!" Jasper shouted. "I don't want to fight you, it'll bring us nothing—"

"It'll make me feel better," Kane snapped, fighting against his hold.

Jasper inhaled a sharp breath, not letting his grasp loosen for even a split second. "Kane, just listen to me!"

"I'm done needing to stay quiet while you go around messing with everyone's liv—"

"I like you, okay?" Jasper exhaled, feeling as if all the air in his lungs was finally unleashed. Kane fell quiet, and Jasper noticed his muscles starting to loosen. He paused for a few seconds before adding, "And I don't fucking like anybody but..." he sighed, finally releasing his hold on Kane, "you're different."

Jasper pulled away and leaned his back against a wall, staring at his feet. It was never supposed to go this way and he was never one to admit his wrongs even if it was clear. Being vulnerable was not one of his strongest suits, but when Kane turned around and faced him, there was no longer any rage but only disappointment.

"Look Kane, I thought you played me. That we spent the whole weekend together and you threw me aside when you realized you liked Jay." He sent his fingers through his cheeks before whispering, "I acted on impulse and I'm sorry. But this," he pointed to one another, "it means more to me than you realize."

"If it meant more to you than I realize, you would have come to me before going to Jay."

"The same way you came to me about Ally?"

Kane furrowed his brows, "Ally's my sister, Jasper."

Jasper scoffed, "So I'm not worth anything to you to deserve the truth."

"Yes you are but from Ally."

"Bullshit Kane," he shouted, "neither of you were going to tell me about your little arrangement."

"Because were siblings Jasper!"

"That doesn't mean you just fucking shut me out and expect me not to get pissed—"

Kane's teeth gritted as he stepped towards Jasper with his shoulders broadened. "I don't care what you felt Jasper!" The moment his scream exploded, Jasper fell quiet and a few seconds of silence enveloped them before he added, "You ruined everything with Jay and I didn't deserve that."

"Jay doesn't matter to us, Kane. Why can't you see that?" He stepped towards him, noticing that Kane suddenly shielded himself by stepping backwards and folding his arms. "I can eventually give you love—you don't like Jay meaning he could never give you that." Kane had tilted his head down and avoided his gaze, and Jasper saw reached for his chin, pushing slightly for his head to lift and their gazes to meet.

However, when their eyes locked, Jasper noticed that something that he hadn't before. "Oh..." he let his arm fall to his side, "...you do like him..."

Kane gulped, biting his bottom lip for a moment before finally nodding his head and whispering, "I love him."