Chapter 27 - Friday

It was Friday.

All of them were ecstatic for the weekend, and since it was the first football game of the year, the angst had been through the roof. The football team has been wearing their varsity jackets, slamming on lockers and tackling on another, jumping on cafeteria tables to exclaim their joy. Jasper was the one starting all the rioting, chanting their theme songs as they marched throughout the school and were shushed by multiple professors.

Kane had been walking around the school with Jay who shuddered whenever he heard the loud echoing shout of the football boys. He would squeeze himself against Kane's side, begin to tremble and would wait until they walked by before his breathing settled.

Kane would shake his head with a giddy smile, "They have no idea what's going to happen to them..."

Jay looked up to him in horror. He hissed, "What did you do?"

"You'll see," he continued to walk forward, "you'll see."

For lunch, Kane was seconds from following Jay outside when Jay stopped in his steps and faced him, "I can't hang out with you for lunch, I'm sorry."

Kane raised an eyebrow, "Who else are you hanging out with?" Jay did not even have to say her name for Kane to roll his eyes and turn away, "Have fun on your date." Before Jay could ask him to join them, Kane sent a peace sign over his shoulder and walked into the cafeteria.

The minute Kane entered the cafeteria, the atmosphere was suffocating. The cheerleaders were running around, twirling their pompons and performing their choreography with flops and turns that Kane was getting dizzy by merely staring at them. The football team were behaving like animals, screaming their chants every single second, and Kane could not withstand this chattering and horseplay.

After a few seconds of simply standing and staring at the annoying raucous, he glanced around for an open table. He noticed Ally's friends all eye him, Jamie waving a hand, motioning for him to approach them, but Kane scoffed and walked further away from them.

Jamie raised an eyebrow towards Ally, "You told him about Jay?"

"That's my brother, Jamie. He literally burned all my clothes."

"To be fair," Megan added, "he had a really good reason."

"We did this for him, though," Jamie spat.

"Jay isn't going to do anything anymore," Kristen shook her head, "it's time we leave him alone."

"It was you guys' idea, and Jamie is the one that got Jasper involved—" Ally was interrupted.

"It was all our ideas, and we all agreed to get Jasper involved Ally."

"I don't care," Ally stormed to her feet, "I don't want to talk about this any longer."

"Where are you going?" Megan asked.

"To sit with my brother," she snapped, losing her impatience even more by every single of their comments. All three of them winced as Ally stomped her feet away from them, grumbling curses under her breath. This had caused too much drama in her school life and home life, and she had enough of all this disturbance.

She reached Kane's table where he was seated by himself, and the moment he saw Ally coming towards him, he shook his head, "You're not wanted here."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes, sitting across from him. "Why aren't you sitting with Jay?"

"He has a little girlfriend now."

Ally raised her eyebrows, "That's a shock."

"We're not friends, Ally. Can you go somewhere else—?"

"Stop being a kid, I've apologized, let's move on. What more do you want from me?" She slammed her teeth against her sandwich, "Besides, you love me, we're good as siblings."

"I liked you before what you did to—"

"Okaaaayyyy," she exhaled a long breath, pushing herself to her feet, "I'll eat somewhere else, I get it."

Kane watched as a gloom suddenly covered Ally's features, and he reached forward, gripping her wrist, shoving her back onto her seat, "Just sit down—I haven't forgiven you yet but..." he lowered his head and mumbled quietly, "I do love you, so..."

"Attention everyone!" Jasper shouted, standing on one of the lunch benches, slamming his foot down and causing silence to shortly follow. Kane grumbled a curse word as he eyed Jasper, staring at his bewildered eyes, as if an animal seconds from being unleashed to its prey. "After the game today, we are celebrating with an after party at my house! Bring your own drinks!"

The whole cafeteria exclaimed in cheers, and Ally's eyes lit up, "We should g—"

"No."

"If you want to get him back, get him back there?" Ally wiggled her eyebrows, hoping he would say yes.

Instead, Kane shook his head and said, "I already got him back."

Ally raised an eyebrow, "What did you do?"

"You'll see..."