Chapter 93 - Bet You Didn't Know That

Tessa was horrified; she walked around the table to grabbed his shoulder, Jay gulped at the motherly embrace she held him in. He had expected Tessa to react this way, and he had always admired the way she was. She was the only one that stare back at him with empathy, even wishing that it had been her instead.

"That's terrible baby," she sighed, patting his back before pulling away, but keeping a grasp on his arm. "I'd be scared too if I was you."

"And that's why Jay needs to stay with us for a couple weeks until he isn't scared anymore to go back to his apartment."

"Wait, what?" Michael blurted.

Kane knew he would have said something and met his gaze, lifting his chin confidently and smirking, one end of his lip raised. Michael was bound to have a problem with this, but now that Tessa was involved, he would appear insensitive if he even attempted to retaliate. Although, Kane felt a sting when Jay flinched from Michael's tone.

Tessa raised an eyebrow towards Michael. "It makes sense honey." She sent her fingers through Jay's hair before giving him a peck on the top of his head. "I wouldn't want to stay at a place where I was robbed; what if they come back?"

"We don't have room for another person—"

"Dad," Ally finally spoke, raising her eyebrows in his direction and sending him a knowing glance before forcing a smile. She then turned to Jay, "What he means by that is that we're happy to help."

"No no, that's not what he meant." Tessa straightened her spine and narrowed her eyes, seeing Michael's eyes start shifting as she placed her palms on her hips. "You don't want to take him in for a little while?"

Michael paused for a second, his eyes searching for any excuse that would work. "Well, where is he going to sleep?"

"In my bed," Kane hissed without any hesitation, frowning towards Michael. "Is there a problem with that?"

"Yes there is, you're two grown men. Why would you sleep in the same bed—"

"You don't want to go there right now Michael," Tessa snorted, grabbing his arm. "You might say stuff that you won't be able to take back from that route."

"No," Michael pushed Tessa's hand away and stepped towards Kane and Jay who were both seated at the table. Ally was growing wary, knowing that her father would say things that he didn't admire about Jay and knowing that they were going to be taken wrongly.

"Dad, it's alright, he can stay."

Michael shook his head, "I said it once and I'll say it again—I don't want two men in my house to sleep in the same bed." Jay lowered his face, staying quiet.

"He was robbed, Mike!" Tessa snapped.

"What's wrong with him sleeping in my bed?" Kane stormed to his feet, glaring at him. That did cause Jay to flinch but the moment he glanced upwards towards Kane, he felt his entire blood run cold. Kane's teeth were gritted, his shoulders were broadened and his fingers abs started to quiver. He was ready for anything after hearing what Jasper's father had done, and if he had to start with his own family then so be it. "What's the issue—?"

"The issue is that he's gay!" That caused Ally and Tessa to inhaled a sharp breath. Tessa was unable to breath out for a few seconds as she listened to her husband. "He could take advantage of you and turn you to be like him!"

Kane was in disbelief that this was his step-father's argument. He always knew Michael had some grudge against Jay, but he never thought it would have anything including his sexual preference.

Michael turned to Tessa who had her eyebrows raised. "I bet you didn't know that."

"Dad." Ally's breath was shaky, and all three of them turned to Kane who seemed seconds from combusting. Tessa's first worry was her son, leaping towards him and grabbing hold of his quivering fists.

"Kane," she spoke softly, "Jay can stay alright—I'll talk to Mike—"

"Trust me Michael," Kane growled, stepping away from his mother and pointing a finger towards Michael, wanting to rip his insides out for being terribly demeaning to the both of them. "You don't have to worry about that because we've already fucked." He only lied because he wanted to see Michael's look when he did, and he enjoyed every second that his face twisted in shock and then horror, then to worry towards Tessa. "And they all already knew Jay was gay and that I fucking love men. It was just you that was out of the loop, Mike. Hopefully you'll be sound asleep at night so you won't hear us moan."

"Kane," Tessa gripped his cheeks, squeezing his lips for them to pucker and stop him from talking even more. "Please, let's go eat something with Jay—"

Kane grabbed his mother's wrist and moved it aside; his prey at the moment was Michael and he wanted to witness every single shock factor that crossed him. He even grabbed Jay's shirt and pulled him out of his seat, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and Jay inhaled sharply when Kane's hand protectively gripped his chest.

A wicked smile stretched his lips when he snarled, "And now that you said that, you better wish we don't do it on your bed—"

"Kane, that's too far!" Ally screeched, putting a hand over her mouth.

Tessa disapproved of that as well, quickly griping his wrist harder than last time and shoving him towards the door. Her face had fallen after that comment and although she had no intention on apologizing to Michael, she was going to have a stern talk with Kane.