Chapter 28 - Postponed

The afternoon bell rang, and the football team had bursted into fireworks, sprinting to their locker room, finally able to put on their uniform they had been waiting to put on for months. For the seniors, it was the last time they would ever play an opening season game, and for them, this uniform mattered much more than anything. This was the last year Jasper would ever be captain, and as he stared at his #7 jersey, he knew that this was his year to go all out.

He reached for his gear, setting all his pads before finally putting his jersey over his head. Seeing all his brothers putting their uniform on, Zyder, Kyle, Sam, Bruno, Leo, Mitch, he could almost feel his blood pumping through every single vessel, the rush too much to the point he could feel a high settling in.

The boys were starting to gear up, taping their wrists and their ankles, their gloves being squeezed into and their mouth guards hanging from the helmet. They all huddled together before the coach came inside, chanting their team cheer before Jasper took the center.

"We are the bulldogs! We fight for bloodshed! We our here to win and win only—we're not going down without a—"

"I'm sorry to interrupt," one of the teammates said, scratching his inner thigh, "but my...you know...is stinging..."

"James, what the fuck—?"

"Mine too, Jasper," another one said. This time, it was Kyle and his entire face had grown purple, as if he was seconds from puking. "It keeps itching."

Soon enough, the entire football team starting groaning, attempting to get rid of all their gear in struggles and scratching their jockstrap, feeling a sudden intense itch at their groin. A few of them started winding as they scratched themselves, never having felt such strong need to itch before. Everything was itchy, and they all threw their gear, multiple of them heading to the bathroom.

One of them screamed when he was in the bathroom, "I have bumps everywhere!"

"Me too!"

Jasper was going to scream his lungs out at the entire team, when he suddenly felt it too. It was a sudden strong sense of itchiness right at his groin, as if thousands of tiny insects were poking him and he had to pull off. He threw his gear off, removed his uniform with such rapidity and was only found in his boxers, scratching all over his inner thigh and groin.

"Everyone ready for a—what's going on?" Coach Miles was taken aback when he saw none of his players dressed, ready for their first game. "Guys, what is happening?"

"Argh!" He heard from the bathroom, and one of the boys had started crying, begging for the itching to stop.

None of them were paying attention to Coach Miles, and he had to find Jasper among the crowd, seeing him laying on the ground, rolled over to his side, trembling.

"We don't know what happened Coach," he stammered, his entire face moist from sweat, "but we can't play like this."

The game had to be postponed; the team was not in good shape to play and the next time they would seen them again would be the week before playoffs. Coach Miles was furious, reminded the tapes to see who could have cost them the game in this way. They had never seen this sort of prank before, and although the football players still held their after party, this story was one they kept to themselves and told nobody about.

But one person did know what happened.

The day before, near midnight, Kane had returned home from fulfilling his revenge plan, and burned the rest of the itching powder container.