Chapter 6 - Leave It Alone

"I'm still mad at you." Kane rolled his eyes, continuing to brush his teeth beside Ally, both of them needing to share the same sink. Ally was flossing her teeth while Kane finished brushing his teeth, and she finishing her back teeth before glaring at Kane from the mirror, "You made me look stupid."

"Because I fucked your friend?"

"Stop saying that, that's gross. Do you know how many guys Jamie has been with? Did you guys use a condom?"

"Not a chance," Kane laughed, eyeing her through the mirror before spitting the toothpaste into the sink. He was not wearing a shirt, and he flexed his bicep, eyeing himself in the mirror, "She for-sure liked that though."

"You're not even attractive, to be honest."

He rinsed the rest of the toothpaste out before setting his toothbrush aside, following Ally out of the bathroom, "Let's not go there, if I was your step-brother, I could have piped you."

"Ew, why do you say it like that?" Ally groaned, walking towards the kitchen when both of them were greeted by their mother.

"Well, it seems like you both are getting along just fine," she smiled, wrapping an arm around Kane and another one around Ally. They had recently returned from their cruise, and it was back to work for her. Tessa had been enjoying the newlywed life—her and her husband had been spending every single of their dime on trips and adventures that they hadn't been home often. But they were finally back, and Tessa was finishing her breakfast coffee and was seconds from sprinting towards the door.

She was an elegant woman, with long chocolate brown curls and dimples poking her chubby cheeks. She had beautiful light blue eyes with a hint of gold in the center, and her eyelashes were as long as a butterflies wing. She was gorgeous, and every time she walked along the sidewalk, many eyes would glance twice. And Kane knew she was considered gorgeous, which was why he was super protective over his mom—it had taken a whole year before he finally approved of Mike, his step-father, and still wanted his mother to break up with him.

As for Ally, Tessa was a mother figure she never had and had always wanted. Tessa had been her lifeline for about a few months now, thankful that she doesn't have to tell her girl troubles to her father anymore—even though he barely listened and always had shitty advice. She adored Tessa, and wanted her around as much as possible, since all four of them made a family that both families had wanted for many years.

"Where's Mike?" Kane asked as he tightly squeezed his mother for a moment and lowered his lips to place a peck on her forehead.

Tessa sighed, "He's sleeping—he caught a cold while we were on the cruise. He's being a baby about it."

"Oh god, Dad while he's sick...those are not good combinations."

"All men are babies when they're sick," Tessa smiled.

Kane furrowed his brows, "Except a man like me." He again flexed his biceps and looked at himself in the reflection from the glasses cabinets, and Ally and Tessa both rolled their eyes.

"Anyways, I'm heading out. Have a good first day at school! Let me know how it goes."

"You bet," Ally waved a hand. Kane did as well, and both watched as she left the home hurriedly, closing the door behind her.

Kane poured himself a cup of coffee, deciding that was going to be his breakfast today, and he watched Ally prepare lunches for the both of them. She made sandwiches today, and Kane never complained since he rather had some form of lunch instead of complaining and getting nothing. Besides, it was nice of Ally to think of him, and he watched as she folded the aluminium foil around the sandwiches.

However, there was been something twirling in his mind every since it was first witnessed, and he asked Ally directly, "What d'you do to Jay?"

Ally paused for a moment, her face running blank for a few seconds before she snorted, uneasily chuckling, "What do you mean what did I do?"

"He's scared of you. He's super scared of everyone actually. What did you do to him?"

She shrugged her shoulder, placing both sandwiches in a lunch bag, "Well, he used to get teased a lot, but no I never did anything to him."

"Ally," he followed her to the bedroom, "you can tell me. He literally was scared of having his address given out to you. Either you tell me now or I'll eventually find out."

"Why do you care anyway?" Ally rolled her eyes, looking through her dresser for clothes to wear, "It's not a big deal. It happened months ago, everyone forgot about it."

"Then something did happen?"

She faced him, narrowing her eyes, "Kane, leave it alone."

From the flames that grew behind her gaze, as if this was a topic she wanted to conceal for eternity, Kane raised his hands in defeat before shrugging his shoulders, "Fine then, I'll leave it alone."

He was not going to leave it alone. One way or another, he was going to find out what happened months ago.