Chapter 30 - Nice Prank

Ally was leaving the party, but she had been searching through the entire home to find Kane and had no idea where he had went. By that time, everyone had left, even Jasper had headed to bed, and it was almost dawn. She needed to head home before her father had a panic attack, and she left the party, knowing that tough Kane would be already and would probably wake up hungover somewhere.

Little did she know that Kane had stayed at Jasper's house for the night.

After his encounter with Ava, Kane crossed Ally who begged him to take shots with her. Kane could barely see as he took the shots, and the next shots completely collapsed all his nerves, his entire body running into spiral, his head spinning that he could barely step forward. All he wanted to do was lay down in a bed, and it was a miracle he had been able to climb the spiralled stairs to the upper level. As he opened the door to the upper level, stumbling against walls and needing to pause a few times to blink, the first bedroom he found was the one he settled in.

He still had not placed a shirt, and instead of finding anyone to help him, he flopped onto the white sheets, the bed feeling like a wave of clouds sending his body into an illusion of comfort as he closed his eyes and snuggled underneath the covers. His breath smelled like alcohol, his mind was racing without realizing the severity of what had happened a half an hour ago, but he didn't care.

All he wanted to do was sleep until the end of time.

Kane was unsure how long he slept for, but the sudden beaming of light enveloping the whole room stung his brain, causing him to squeeze his eyes shut. He heard the door close, and he could barely glance as the light seemed to send his entire body into trembles, his brain unable to adjust his sight as quick as it's supposed to.

Without opening his eyes completely, he grumbled, "Can you shut the light? I'm trying to sleep."

He was seconds from falling back into his dream when he heard, "It's my bedroom, douchebag. Scoot over."

His mind seemed to sober just a little to watch Jasper remove his shirt, shove down his jeans and letting himself in only his boxers. He could barely stand, his legs seeming to be wiggling whenever he walked, and he fell into the bed, almost knocking into Kane who was too tired and too dizzy to leave the bedroom. Jasper also felt his entire body way too loose, as if his bones had grown incredibly heavy and all he wanted to do was sleep all the liquor off.

He pulled the covers and noticed Kane was only wearing his sweats. "Do you want a shirt? You'll get cold."

"You're literally in boxers," Kane groaned.

"I don't get cold," he shoved his body into his comfortable sheets, burying his face into the pillow and staring at Kane's black strands on his other pillow.

Kane snorted, muffling against the pillow, "You don't get cold?"

"I have a strange mutation strain that I don't have cold receptors—"

"Shut up," Kane moved further away from him, "you're not that smart and that doesn't make sense anyway."

Jasper chuckled, "How do you know I'm not smart?"

"Mmm..." Kane groaned louder, turning around and facing him to make sure he saw him glare, "why else would you beat up a skinny little guy that has done nothing to you...right, because you're dumb."

Kane noticed something in Jasper's gaze. Initially, they were droopy, as if he was seconds away from falling asleep. But all of a sudden, the spike returned in them, a sudden bloodthirsty light that frightened him slightly. Jasper's lips widened into a smile, and kept the silence for a few seconds longer before whispering, "I knew it was you."

Kane furrowed his brows for a moment, but when he realized what Jasper was referring to, he felt his blood run cold. He felt completely sober, his mind no longer tired but instead ready for any fight or flight he needed to commit.

He was shocked when Jasper simply chuckled and closed his eyes again, laying his head deeper into the pillow, "Relax, I'm not going to do anything to you. Nice prank."

"It wasn't a prank," Kane spat, narrowing his eyes, "it was revenge for what you did to Jay."

"That wasn't revenge, we got the game postponed and a banging party," Jasper opened his eyes again, and Kane had never noticed his blue they were, "that revenge was actually a blessing."

"Jay didn't deserve that—"

"You don't know Jay like we do," Jasper hissed dismissively.

"I know that he's a sweet dude that shouldn't have been knocked out by three football players."

Jasper raised an eyebrow, "Don't give these other guys credit—I beat him up myself—"

"You're lucky I haven't beaten you up already."

The way Jasper's eyes darken instantly, as if he had to suppress the demon that was seconds from unleashing into Kane, was enough to make him swallow hard. Jasper yawned, closing his eyes, "You don't want to go there with me Kane, I still want you to join our team. So go to bed before you seriously make me mad."

Kane's frame of sobriety was over, and he was dropped back into a loop drunkenness as he slammed his forehead against Jasper who had not expected that hit.

Jasper eyes instantly widened, his fingers reaching his stinging forehead, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Warning you—"

"Get the fuck out of my room!"

"Gladly," Kane attempted to shove Jasper off the bed, but Jasper instead grabbed his arms and threw him off, Kane landing on his side. The sudden fall felt as if his brain had been tumbled into a sudden wave, and it took a moment before he could regain his focus.

"I was being fucking nice to you and not telling anybody about the stupid prank you pulled," Jasper threw the covers away from himself as he watched Kane stand to his feet, "but you're taking this way too far. You don't know me and I don't know you Kane."

"I know that you're a coward that pries on people weaker than him," he snapped, struggling to regain his balance.

Jasper rolled his eyes, "You know nothing about any of us, you know nothing about Jay! I was going to let you stay the night since you're drunk but get out of my house!"

"And I heard your team didn't tell anyone what really happened," Kane snorted, smiling victoriously, "well thank goodness I know what happened."

Kane began backing away towards the door, but before he could leave, Jasper slammed the door shut and shoved Kane against the door, his back hitting the tiny dents and peeling wood from the door. He winced when Jasper slammed his fist against the door right beside Kane's face, causing a hole to penetrate the wood.

As much as Kane stood his ground, that punch made him rethink his whole vengeance against him. Jasper was strong, and much stronger than him.

He was hovering over Kane, his eyes staring down at him as he left one palm against the door behind Kane and the other one on his chest, holding him steady. Kane was breathing heavy, but Jasper wasn't, as if his body had been shaped into perfection that nothing could fire him.

He stated at Kane with such rage that Kane was certain he would combust in flames any second. His eyes pierced into Kane's, attempting to burn his soul with simply his stare. But Kane didn't back down, instead he straightened his neck and glared, his navy eyes burning right back.

They were a bit too close then they realize, and Kane got confused when Jasper's eyes diverted from their gaze to his lips. Until his eyes diverted as well, and he suddenly felt his entire body begin to throb.

Both of them, at the same time, shoved their heads forward and planted their lips against one another.