Chapter 58 - Don't Leave Me

The silence that engulfed them was somber, enveloping any and every single noise that came across. Each could hear the rising of their heartbeats, Ava's lips closing as she remained speechless; she had never expected these words to escape Jay's. She had already began envisioning a future together, but never had she thought their future would have never been able to be fulfilled from the very beginning.

All the questions that crossed her mind, moments where he had been quite strange while staring at other males, or how he constantly spoke about Kane as if it was the only person he cared about. It all made sense, everything started to fit, the puzzles pieces were finding themselves in her brain.

Kane was unsure what to say. Jay desperately waited, wanting to at least hear that his feelings were reciprocated. Instead, Kane had chosen to be with someone who had bullied countless, used others torment as laughter.

Jasper.

After a few seconds, Jay turned around and began making his ways down the hill, whispering a short, "I can't." He started making his way down the hill, his figure seconds from being lost in the shadows of the woods when he suddenly felt a palm reach his sweater, pulling him back. Before he was able to resist, the strong grips shoved his face against its chest, enveloped in Kane's comfortable scent while he closed his eyes, his forehead swooped by the crook of his pecs. His first instinct was to attempt to push him away, but Kane wrapped an arm around his shoulders and squeezed him tighter, his chin resting on the top of Jay's head.

Jay stopped resisting.

He let himself melt in Kane's grasp, wishing this had all been a nightmare and none of this was true because he didn't want to lose the only person that gave him hope. His sobs began to echo louder, reaching further beyond the hill, rising in the skies higher and higher every time his lungs exhaled. His cries had been terribly loud that he hadn't yet realized that Kane was crying too.

He was unsure how long they stood like that, but Jay wished he could stay this way for eternity and never let go. It always felt that way with Kane; whenever they hugged it felt as if the universe was with him, that the clocks had stopped the center focus of the earth was him.

It made him feel as if he mattered.

Their cries slowly died down, Jay feeling as if there was none left. His backed his face away from Kane's chest, seeing how soaked it now was. Kane's arm was still wrapped around him but he was too frightened to meet his gaze, not wanting to be sucked back into a delusion of having Kane love him back someday.

"Listen," Kane whispered, Jay's heart skipping a beat when he felt his breath linger along his forehead. "I messed up, bad." He paused for a moment. "I'm not asking for forgiveness and I understand if you can't be friends with me anymore, but I am so sorry I hurt you this way. I can't help but want to protect you even when I don't know how and I know sleeping with Jasper was the ultimate betrayal and I was lost in his trance for a few days and I'm so sorry." He felt Jay began to pull away again, trying to rip his arms from around him. "Don't leave me. I'll do anything for us to stay as close as we are."

"I wish I could," Jay breathed quietly, noticing Kane's arm fell from around him. It was his cue to step away, and he did not meet his gaze. "But I can't trust you anymore." It was only then that he realized Ava had left and he chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "I can't be around you anymore."

"Jay, don't say that," Kane choked.

"I didn't know it would be this hard," his bottom lip quivered again and Kane stepped forward, but Jay raised his hand to stop him. "I'll be fine." It seemed as if he was trying to convince himself that he would be, knowing that he wouldn't. "It'll be okay, I lose everyone."

"No, come on."

"I just wanted you to know that before I said goodbye." Finally, he lifted his eyes to meet the navy ones of Kane, but the moment he did, his breath fell short. Kane's eyes were widened with tears leaking all over his cheeks which he didn't bother to wipe. He had never witnessed him like this before, and he had to resist the urge to rush to him. "I love you, so much Kane."

"Don't go."

Jay shook his head and finally turned away, not staring back as he made his way through the woods. As he expected, Kane didn't follow him. He stayed on the hill, falling to his knees and slamming his fists against the ground before hitting his forehead to the ground. The pain he felt pulsing through his entire physique was one he had never felt before, as if his heart had been stabbed multiple times and he was bleeding out.

He stayed there and cried. And only the wind heard when he quietly whispered, "Why is it so hard for me to admit I love him too...?"

I Met My Love Playing Pool (Bxb)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें