Chapter 1 - Welcome Party

"School's starting in two days," Ally sprinted across their shared bedroom, reaching for her skirts and shoving herself through, "this is literally welcome weekend party."

Kane was not impressed.

For one, he had never agreed to move into this home. Although his step-father had been genuinely kind and helped him navigate through the city, this entire change was still a struggle for him to deal with. Not only did he move six hours from his friends, but he was in a city he had never heard before neither had he wanted to move. It was the whole, "I found someone I love and he's willing to let us both move-in." He never had a choice, it was his mother's decision since she had custody of him. Well, he could have said no but living in the streets to make ends meet was not in his best interest at the moment.

Kane exhaled a long sigh as he glanced over the clustered room he had to share with his step-sister. Her makeup was all over the wardrobe, and their desk they shared. All the clothes she tried on were piled on the floor since it took hours until she found her sparkled dress with slots on the side of her waist and the neckline lowered to the bottom of her cleavage line.

This was not the environment he had agreed to live in. But for his mother, he would do anything she wanted—they had suffered enough.

"It's the biggest party of every year—it's thrown by the football players of our school. You really should come with us," Ally offered again, glancing towards him before she hurried to squeeze her earrings in. "You'll have lots of fun and meet new people."

Kane simply stared at her, judging the mess as she struggled to place on her heels. Although he never wanted a sister, he thought Ally was cool. She had a tomboy vibe, since she lived with only her dad for years and she had acquired all his boyish traits. She played video games, she loved to fight and always spoke what was on her mind, which he often hated. But he considered her a bro, and her personality allowed it to be that way. She had long black hair she dyed countless times, a rounded jaw with a small pointy nose. Her eyes were dark brown, and she had quite high cheeks but piercing dimples. He always made fun of her smile since it was crooked, but she had the straightest teeth he had ever seen. To which she flaunted, always needing to say, "and I never had braces."

As for Kane, he was an introvert.

He could even be associated with being a bad boy, since his character was very reserved. He had friends, but his friend group was not very large, and he only spoke when he felt like it. He was mean to people he found no reason to be kind to, and the worse was that he knew nobody would say something to him since his size was definitely frightening. He was six foot three, with wide shoulders and a built physique, a lean stomach with a sharp jawline that many envied. He also had black curls, and wore rings on a few of his fingers, his right thumb needing to have one. His eyes were a dark navy, always somber with no trace of any emotions unless there was someone that angered him.

Ally was one of the people Kane actually liked being around. Although she was blunt, she was much kinder than she appeared to be. She even offered to take all the same classes with Kane since she didn't want him to be alone—and he took her up on that offer because he didn't want to be alone either.

That was part of the reason Kane eventually stood from his bed, stretched his shoulder blades and let out a heavy yawn, "When are we leaving?"

"Ten minutes—"

"Then no," he was moments from slumping back on the bed when Ally reached for his arm and pulled him towards the bathroom.

"Just get ready, freshen up a bit, you'll be done by the time they get here."

Although reluctant, he let her push him into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. As expected, they arrived ten minutes later, and Kane was still pulling down his turtle neck shirt, shoving it inside his black pants and straightening his belt around his waist.