Chapter 47 - Hold My Hand

The way Jasper chatted with the server, it was clear he was trying to make Kane hurt even worse than he already was. When the server returned with their meals, Jasper did not hide the fact that his eyes travelled from the food to her breasts, and she leaned forward, revealing it for him even more.

"Anything else I can get for you?"

Jasper glanced towards me, forced a small smile before shaking his head, "Not that you can give me now anyway." Right after, he winked.

Kane inhaled a sharp breath but when Jasper turned to him, he rapidly grabbed his fork and started piercing through big sausages to cut then in pieces, focusing on his food. It was clear Jasper was purposely doing this to bother him, but even though he knew that, it didn't mean that it wouldn't bother him. Besides, it was Jasper that had asked him to hang out after their night together, and to watch him deliberately flirt with another girl in his presence was depressing.

He could simply admit that it made him jealous and Jasper would stop, but he didn't want to go that far yet—besides, they had only been intimate twice, they were nowhere near dating.

"So," Jasper twirled the fork with his eggs before shoving it inside his mouth, chewing for a few seconds before asking, "I'm kinda curious; why did you make up this whole hotel
plan with Jay's girlfriend?"

"How do you know about that?"

"I told you already, I do my homework."

"That doesn't answer anything—"

Jasper shrugged his shoulders, "It's not important. Go, tell me."

Kane frowned, scratching the side of his head, "I wanted to show him that Ava was not good for him."

"What makes you think you're good for him?" When Kane raised an eyebrow, Jasper added, "You act like you care about him but didn't hesitate to have sex with me."

It had never really been questioned in Kane's mind and he shook his head, "Just because I like having sex with you doesn't mean I'm—"

"Do you know what I did to him?" Jasper's eyes instantly darkened, and he placed his fork back down on the table. "You haven't heard what happened with Jay? Why Ally and I broke up?" He saw the confusion echo in Kane's gaze and rolled his eyes, "Of course you'd fall for me then."

"Why isn't anyone just telling me?"

"Because it's not any of your business, and we don't talk about it. Why do you need to know so bad?" Jasper was chewing on one of his sausages when he leaned forward, a wicked smile pulling his lips, "You like him, don't you?"

"No."

"And he liked you too," he shook his head. "Why did you reject him?"

"Because I don't like him Jasper," his tone tightened and his eyes narrowed.

Jasper noticed a sudden frustration that covered Kane's eyes and he decided to let this conversation go. "Okay K."

The waitress returned shortly after, pressing her arms together to burst her cleavage a bit more before leaned over, "How's everything tasting?"

"Melting in my mouth like a rain of flavour," Jasper snickered, focusing on the line between her breast for a moment before chuckling. "Very good."

"Is it together or separate?"

"Together," Jasper said. He reached for his wallet, setting it down on the table.

Béa stared at his hand for a moment before smirking, "That says a lot about your energy."

"I'm sure it does."

"Well then," she turned around, "I'll be back with your bill, sir."

"You're just purposely flirting with her to piss me off," Kane spat, his fork digging into the last pieces of his scrambled eggs.

That made Jasper's eyebrows raise, "So you are pissed off?"

"That's not what I said."

Jasper rolled his eyes after a few chuckles, "But no, she's hot, don't you think?"

"What, are you going to sleep with her just because she's hot?"

"No, I only sleep with my girlfriends." Jasper frowned, glancing towards Kane who seemed shocked by that fact. "I thought I told you that."

"You slept with Jamie at your welcome party."

"I've dated Jamie before."

"You were licking all these girls at your party yesterday."

"That's different then sleeping with them now, isn't it?" Jasper laughed.

Kane bit his bottom lip before adding, "You slept with me." After a short pause, he added, "And we weren't dating."

Instantly when he said that, Jasper's smile slowly disappeared when he saw the hurt in Kane's eyes. It was clear this whole scheme with Béa was not pleasing him, and that fact alone of him only sleeping with him without being in a relationship was obviously bothering him.

That was why Jasper sighed but was interrupted when Béa handed him the bill, grabbing their plates as well and adding, "Let me know whenever you're ready. Also," she leaned towards him, "I left my number there; I get off at 6 pm."

Kane definitely heard that and Jasper glanced towards him, seeing how his eyes instantly darkened into a pitiful sadness. He didn't say anything though, simply looked elsewhere and hid the fact that he wished he had never accepted going on diner to see the guy he unfortunately liked flirting with the waitress.

Jasper scratched the side of his face, "Just admit it K, it's
making you jealous."

"I'm not bothered."

She returned to grab his payment, and said, "I'll expect a call from you soon—"

"Don't bother waiting." He then turned to Kane and said, "Ready to go, babe?"

"Babe?" she repeated quietly, her eyes suddenly widened and she turned towards Kane, finally seeing him for the first time the whole time he was there.

Jasper stood to his feet, extended his palm towards Kane, "Let's go."

"You literally flirted with me the whole time..." she shook her head.

"To flatter your ego a bit—nothing wrong with a little fun." When he felt Kane's fingers interlace with his own, he began leading him towards the exit. Kane could not help but feel tiny next to Jasper while walking behind him, staring at his shoulders shift with every of his footsteps and how he eyed the rest of the people in the restaurant. His fingers stayed tightly squeezing Kane's, as if reassuring him that he was there to protect him, and Kane felt his cheeks flare red.

The moment they reached the car, Jasper gripped his jaw and connected their lips, feeling Kane's lips become loose as he attempted to deepen the kiss. But it was a slight kiss, a spicy touch-up to let him know that his feelings for Kane were the same.

He pulled away after a few seconds and smirked, "Don't look that sad around me ever again."