Chapter 51 - Real Reason

"I brought her to my apartment over the weekend," Jay smiled, handing over an unopened bag of chips to Kane. Kane was seconds from opening it when he realized Jay did not have another one, instead only had his container of macaroni and cheese that he usually brought. "She was really nice."

"You don't have to give this to me."

"No," Jay insisted, pushing it back in Kane's direction, "you always say no to my mac and cheese so I figured I'd give you some chips instead." When Kane slowly nodded his head, tearing open the bag, Jay's mind returned to the wonders that had happened that day, "She even insisted to cook so we cooked together."

"Did you guys have sex?"

Jay's eyes instantly widened, and he sheepishly scratched the side of his face, glancing anywhere else but Kane. His cheeks began to beam a strong shade of pink that he was unable to hide, and he paused before adding, "Y...Yes."

"How was it?"

"Magical," Jay was daydreaming about her. Although he never really focused of feelings for girls, Ava made him feel wanted. There had never really been anyone pretty to ever even think of dating him; Ava had been out of the blue and it felt very good to have someone finally into him. "She said she liked it too."

"How long did you last?" Kane raised an eyebrow, plopping another chip on his tongue and watched as Jay practically shielded his eyes with his hand, too embarrassed to even stare into Kane's gaze. "Ten seconds?"

"That's personal."

"What's personal?"

Kane had not wanted him show up again because he knew Jay would ask him questions this time, but Jasper was not want to wait for a conversation. If he wanted answers, he was going to get them even if it mean putting the other person in an uncomfortable situation. Instantly, Jay shuddered and shifted away, looking anywhere else but at Jasper who broadened his shoulder and menacingly stepped towards them.

"We were just talking about Jay—do you need something?" Kane was being cold, and Jasper was not here for that."

His first instinct was to reach forward and grab Kane by the back of the neck of his sweater, dragging him off his feet.  Kane attempted to resist, but Jasper was much stronger than him and when Kane was almost lose, he wrapped his arms around Kane's waist and lifted him up, carrying him deep within the woods behind the school where the trees could cover them and hide their voices.

Once they were far enough, both of them out of breath, Jasper threw him down and spat, "Don't fucking talk to me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like we didn't just fuck all of Saturday." His grimaced as he mimicked Kane in a high pitch voice, "Do you need something?" His face straightened again and he added, "Don't disrespect me like that K, what's going on?"

This was probably going to be the best moment he could to tell him that they were over, that there would never be together since his family was more important. There was no way he would throw Ally under the bus like that though, and instead he glanced towards his shoes before adding, "I'm not into you like that Jas, sorry."

Jasper paused for a moment. His footsteps suddenly shifted closer and Kane suddenly felt a ferocious grip on his chin as his head was lifted, "Look me in the eye when you fucking tell me that."

Kane was struggling to focus on his eyes, knowing all the next words he would say would not be at all true. He was unsure how much more Jasper would be able to read through him, but he met his gaze and said, "I'm not into you."

"Was it Jay?" He tilted his head, starting to sweat. The sudden heartbreak that plastered in his eyes made Kane's heart begin to ache, and he seemed desperate for an answer as he turned Kane's chin so that their eyes could meet again. "It was him, wasn't it? You liked him all along."

"No," Kane resisted the urge of planting their lips together, "it has nothing to do with Jay."

"How can you go from telling me you like me and then now saying that you're not into me?" He shoved him backwards against a tree, Kane's flinching when he felt a poke from the tree trunk. "You can't do that to me Kane, I never open up and for you to just..." He realized that he was losing his composure, and he squeezed his hands against his face, covering his eyes for a moment.

At here was a silence that surrounded them, with such tension that Kane felt himself suffocate. Soon enough, Jasper simply shook his head and moved his hands away, but the expressions behind his eyes were much different. They had darkened, as if there were no longer any emotions of care, a complete different person than the one that had held his hand while walking out of restaurant.

"I'll see you around then." He shoved his hands in his front pockets and turned around, starting to walk away from him.

Kane felt as if this encounter was not enough for closure. "That's it?"

"Yup," he shrugged his shoulders, not turning around, "that's it."

"You don't care to know the real reason?"

"Like I told you," he glanced over his shoulder, "I do my homework."

Kane was unsure what can of worms he had opened, but he could simply sense that something was going to hit him in the face really soon.