Chapter 74 - I Need You Gone

The party was not how it usual was; it seemed as if the entire football team merely wanted to drink away at their sorrows, forced to run strenuous laps and sprints around the field after their terrible game. Even the parents murmured about what happened, noticing that it had something to do with Jay rushing onto the field and completely eradicating the team's atmosphere and chemistry. Even worse, they had all witnessed when Jasper stormed away from the field and the head coach decided to follow him shortly after.

The party was to release their loss from today with alcohol, party to forget and remember tomorrow when the daylight arrived. As for Jasper, he was not going to head out for the night, seated on his bed and throwing a tennis ball in the air, catching it over and over again. His father was never home anyway and spending the night catching in on some sleep would only benefit him. Except that this time, his father did return home.

"Jaz?" He heard his father's deep growl echoed across the hallways, and Jasper instantly sat up in his bed. From the way his voice reached the darker lower levels, filled with a sudden coldness that Jasper debated whether to fake as if he was sleeping to avoid this, he had no time since the footsteps began approaching his door. "Jaz!"

"You home?" he replied in a choke, staring at his door and waiting for his father to barge in. Soon enough, the footsteps drew close enough that they were just on the other side and as he had expected, his father pushed open the door intrusively. The first thing he did was glance around the room and furrow his brows, "Jaz, you keep it pretty clean here."

Jasper raised an eyebrow, knowing he was stalling. "Do you need something?"

"I'm heading over to that boy's house and telling him to move out."

"What?" Jasper jumped to his feet in disbelief. "Dad, you can't do that!"

"That wasn't part of our deal," he growled. He was an exact replica of Jasper but much more intimidating since he was an inch taller and did not stop himself from heading to the gym once in a while to maintain his toned appearance. His ginger curls always bounced similar to his son's, except that their eyes were completely different. Jasper's were green while his were grey. "He agreed to keep his mouth shut about this and we gave him that place for free."

"He was egged on Dad, it wasn't his fault—"

"To hell it was!" He gritted his teeth before stepping forward. "Everyone fucking heard what he said—violated." He struggled to say it, shaking his head and planting his palm against his forehead. "Damn it, if only I had been home more often, maybe I would have raised you to treat people better than that and you would at least have grown up a decent kid."

Jasper was taken aback, frowning for a moment, his mind needing a few seconds to really swallow what had recently been said. He slowly blinked, "What?"

"You heard me." He threw his hands up in the air, sending a glare towards his son. Even the corner of his lip lifted, as if he was disgusted by the mere sight of his younger self. "You're a stuck-up princess with a narcissistic complex because of all I provided for you. It's true when they say all your children need is love, and God I wish I had given that to you earlier because you turned out a snobby little bastard."

Jasper chuckled in disbelief, stepping backwards and shaking his head. The only thing stopping himself from crying was attempting to believe that he was hearing all these words wrong. "I'm hallucinating."

"What you did to him could have landed you in jail but I fought to protect you." He shook his head, "I'm ashamed of you; how could you have done that?"

"I thought we were past that," Jasper spoke quietly, eyeing elsewhere but the grey irises of his father. The disappointment was one thing but the words were causing his heart to shatter. "We fixed that—"

"When will you fucking understand that it can never be fixed!" He slammed his fist against the wall, inhaling a sharp breath. "We can sweep it under the rug but it'll always come back to light. Maybe in five years when you want to start talking to someone and the fact that you violated someone comes up in a conversation." He paused for a moment before adding, "Or maybe when you apply for a job and they find the picture of you drawing on his naked body, laughing with a fucking beer in your hand." He then squeezed his hands into fist, "Or maybe when you finally are able to follow your dream and play football but nobody wants you because they learn how you preyed on the lonely nerd of your school."

He stepped towards his son. "Don't you get it?! This will never go away! It will haunt you forever! Maybe it won't be brought up today, or tomorrow. But it will in maybe a year, again in two years, again in five years and before you know it," he exhaled a long sigh before saying, "the whole world knows what type of shitty person you are."

Jasper felt stuck in his mind, lost in a sudden darkness that he couldn't release himself from. He stood still, only the leaking tears showed which emotion he was feeling. He couldn't even stare back at his own father, too embarrassed to meet his gaze.

After a few minutes of neither of them saying anything, it was Jasper who asked, "Why are you telling me all of this now?"

His father finally fixed his suit, pulling down on its hem and wiping the sweat that had started to moist the corner of her forehead. He sent a few fingers through his finger strands before sighing and admitting, "I've been doing some thinking."

"What type of thinking?"

"You're eighteen now, Jasper." It pained him to say it, but from the tightening of his jaw and the way his eyes did not shift at all, it was clear he had made his decision. "I can't have you under my wing; if it comes to light, I could lose my entire career for helping you cover it up."

Jasper stayed quiet, unsure what to even think; he had never imagined this would ever happen. His father always seemed pleased by him whenever he returned from his work travels and during the short time that he was here, they always bonded as if they had been brothers. Of course ever since the incident, it caused a bit of hindrance in their father and son relationship, but never had he even thought that his father would remove him from his life.

"When you're done your semester, I need you gone. I'll still send you money under the table whenever you need it but other than that," he stepped away from the bedroom, "I can't have someone like you with the title of my son."