Chapter One Hundred and Ninety Nine [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Whoa! Come back—don't leave me out here all alone!" Usopp panicked as he quickly followed along as well. I felt the knot in my stomach grow the second I spotted the others up ahead—my stomach churned with unease as we started to approach them. "Hey, wait up—look who we found!" the sharpshooter called out to them, waving his arms around in an attempt to catch their attention.

"Hey, Zoro! Skylar!" Luffy brightened as he waved back the second he spotted us.

"Don't come close..." I murmured, voice barely a whisper as a look of worry etched its way onto my face which clearly caught Robin and Sanji's attention.

"Oh great, it's the swordsman again—and what is he doing with my precious angel?" Sanji rolled his eyes before glaring. "Hang on!" he shouted when Luffy immediately started approaching the swordsman and me Gently, Zoro sat me down on my feet—looking down at me with eyes that silently said to stay put as he turned and approached the rubber man coming toward us.

"You decided to rejoin us then?" Luffy grinned, already jumping to conclusions and assuming that the swordsman was here to rejoin the crew.

"Watch out!" Sanji shouted, tensing when he noted the look on the moss-haired man's face.

"Be careful, Captain" Robin warned.

"What's wrong?" Luffy curiously asked, tilting his head in confusion as he finally registered the cold and almost deadly expression on Zoro's face.

"Luffy, don't get any closer!" I shouted the second I spotted the swordsman reaching for his swords before giving a startled gasp when he drew one and suddenly slashed at our captain's head with little to no warning.

"His head!" Nami cried out in horror before sighing in relief along with everyone else when the captain's head suddenly snapped back into place after he had stretched it downward in an attempt to avoid the sudden attack.

"Close one..." Luffy sighed in relief when he saw he was still in one piece. "Hey, Zoro, what the heck did you do that for?" he frowned.

"Stop it right now—both of you!" Robin scowled as Zoro drew another sword.

"Wait, I don't think that's such a good idea" Sanji said, stopping the older woman before she could interfere. "Something's wrong with him—he's acting completely different than he was on the ship yesterday" he noted, quick to point out what I had already noticed.

"Don't tell me..." Robin trailed off as Zoro sprinted toward Luffy—slashing at the rubber man who quickly dodged each of his attacks until he was forced up into a tree as he now tried to put distance between himself and the swordsman. "Swordswoman, can you make him stop?" the raven-haired woman suddenly asked.

"I-I don't think I can..." I shook my head, nervously eyeing the two fighting. "It's as Sanji said, there's something off about him..." I swallowed, unable to really think of a better way to describe the swordsman's bloodlust outside of someone tampering with his emotions and desires.

"That's kind of dangerous, you should stop!" Luffy scolded the swordsman who was now starting to slash at the trunk of the tree he had taken refuge in.

"It's falling this way!" Nami fearfully cried as I winced when the tree finally came crashing down.

"Where's that Straw Hat guy?" Sanji worriedly asked.

"You sure are being reckless" Luffy huffed as he emerged from the tree leaves, unharmed. "So...uh...I guess asking you to stop is a waste of breath, huh?" he questioned when he realized that the swordsman had no intentions of stopping.

"What the heck is up with that guy, he's pissed" Usopp shivered as he and Chopper took refuge behind some trees.

"It looks to me he's under some form of hypnosis, I bet that kid did it" Chopper theorized.