Chapter One Hundred and Eighty Nine [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Eighty-Nine-

"You know as well as I do that he won't listen!" I called down to her. "See!" I pointed as the rubber man hastily rushed into the ship's cabin and after the opposing captain without a second thought.

"I know, but for once I wish he would just listen to what I tell him!" Nami angrily huffed as she crossed her arms.

"Straw Hat throws caution to the wind and dashes inside the ship, unfortunately, that means I can't give you play-by-play anymore" Itomimizu sighed as he realized that he couldn't continue playing commentator now that he couldn't see the competitors. "But I think it's safe to assume that whatever's going on in there is completely amazing" he assured everyone.

"Live! It's time to put those wings to the test, Luffy, so spread them and fly!" Usopp cheered.

"These seats are bad enough without you standing in the way!" Sanji snapped as he struck the sharpshooter.

"Looks like this is going to be a long wait" I sighed as I leaned back into my seat. 

-Later-

"Time marches on, but neither combatant has emerged as a winner in the final round of this Davy Back Fight" Itomimizu relayed as time sluggishly ticked onward. "It's truly unusual for someone to last so long against Foxy in his own territory, even if they can't see them, the crowd cheers for our boss with their hearts" he said.

"Luffy won't lose!" Zoro firmly huffed.

"Well that goes without saying, he's Luffy and he has an afro" Usopp pointed out.

"I say being Luffy should be more than enough, though the afro is nice" Sanji agreed.

"Okay, you're going have to explain this afro thing to me—you're all acting like it powers him up and that doesn't make any sense" Nami frowned.

"Who knows, Nami, perhaps it does" I grinned as she swiveled her head around and glared up at me.

"Not you too, I already said it doesn't make any sense!" she snapped as I chuckled.

"That's because you have no imagination" I teased.

"Skylar, don't make me come up there" she threateningly growled.

"Oh? Is that a promise?" I playfully cooed, causing Chopper to giggle and Robin to chuckle as the ginger huffed.

"I think this is the longest Combat Round I've ever seen" someone remarked as the crowd began to grow restless the longer the match dragged out.

"The guy's made of rubber after all."

"Made of rubber and he has an afro."

"Really? Am I the only one who doesn't get this?" Nami grumbled as I laughed.

"I'm not scared because no matter what—I know Luffy's going to win this and get us back" Chopper firmly stated.

"That's the spirit" I grinned.

"Of course, he does have that afro and all" Robin smiled.

"You too?" Nami whined before flinching when a sudden explosion rang out.

"What's this? It looks like something is happening on deck—who has the upper hand?" Itomimizu asked. "Or perhaps the battle has ended with a bang and only one fighter remains—no, wait! I see two people!" he gasped as the crowd started roaring with excitement. "But only one of them is standing and yes, it's our boss! Meanwhile, it looks like Straw Hat has been burned to a crisp! He must have taken some serious hot punches!" he relayed.