Chapter Forty Two [Rewritten]

-Chapter Forty-Two-

"Crocodile!" a sudden shout caused us all to jump as Vivi came storming into the room.

"Vivi!" we cried out upon seeing her atop the large staircase in the room.

"My humble greetings, Vivi—royal princess of Alabasta" Crocodile greeted, unfazed by the princess' anger. "I mean Miss Wednesday," he corrected, "I compliment you on having evaded our assassins in order to get this far" he grinned.

"You have no idea what I'd do or how far I would go to see you dead, Mr. Zero!" Vivi sneered as she rushed down the steps and towards the man—violently swinging her Peacock Slashers around. "I wish you had died in your cradle, you monster!"

"Vivi, wait! First, get us out of this thing!" Luffy shouted.

"This country would still be peaceful if it wasn't for you!" she angrily screamed, throwing one of Peacock Slashers straight towards the Warlord's head...only for it to go right through him as he turned into nothing but a wisp of sand.

"Not going to work..." Smoker grunted, leaning back against the wall behind him and crossing his arms.

"Feel better?" Crocodile mocking asked as he reformed himself back to normal right behind Vivi. "As a native of this country, you must surely know that I have the power of the Sand Sand Fruit—want to become a mummy?" he chuckled, bringing up his hooked hand and pressing it against the princess' neck as he uncomfortably leaned in real close to her face.

"He's...he's made of sand!" Usopp cried out.

"Rather fitting power to have considering the country we're in" I said.

"You leave her alone! I'm warning you—right now or I'll kick your ass!" Luffy viciously snarled.

"Have a seat, princess" Crocodile coolly said as the princess was restrained and harshly pushed down into a nearby chair by Miss All Sunday. "I trust you're comfortable there" he said, acting as if he was nothing more than a mere host checking in on their guest. "I must say, your timing is perfect—the party is about to begin, isn't that right, Miss All Sunday?" he hummed.

"Yes" his partner nodded.

"Party?" Nami questioned.

"I doubt this is your typical fun kind of party" I frowned.

"It's exactly noon right now, time for Operation Utopia" Mis All Sunday calmly announced.

"Huh? Utopia?" Nami questioned.

"That's...uh...quite the ambitious name you got there for your plan" I remarked, not exactly liking how bold of a statement such an operation sounded by claiming to be that of a utopia.

"What's an Operation Utopia?" Luffy inquired, curiously tilting his head before growing frustrated the second Crocodile started to laugh. "Hey!" he angrily snapped, not locking how mocking the Warlord was currently being.

"It will mean the demise of the Alabasta Kingdom, Miss Wednesday" Crocodile chuckled. "I'm going to wipe it off the face of the map as if it never was—all people, great and small, will be sucked into eternal darkness as they wither in agony" he grinned. "Let Operation Utopia begin!"

"Damn you! Just what is it that you think you're going to do to Alabasta?!" Vivi growled.

"Princess, would you like to know what kind of people I despise of all others?" Crocodile suddenly asked. "Those bias hypocrites who bleed endlessly about the happiness of the people" he coolly confessed.

"You plan to kill my father?!" Vivi hastily concluded before he could say anymore. "You'd be dead before you could get close to him!" she shouted.

"You needn't shout, I'm not going to touch a hair on his head—he's not even worth killing" Crocodile scoffed as if the idea of killing a king was nothing more than a waste of his time. "Instead, I shall let him taste a humiliation that is far crueler than death" he mockingly grinned.