Chapter One Hundred and Seven [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Seven-

"Yeah, her nonexistent mercy—do you see any signs of mercy from her at this moment?" I frowned.

"I guess all we can really do is just hold on and hope for the best" Sanji sighed before flinching as broken pieces of wood, barrels, pots, and more started to rain from the sky.

"Ah! Ships are falling from the sky!" Chopper frantically screamed. "We're going to end up more like driftwood—just like them!" he wailed in realization.

"We're going to take a nose dive to the bottom of the ocean all because Luffy had to follow some stupid dream!" Usopp cried.

"Spread the sails—right now!" Nami suddenly ordered. "Sure, it's a pillar of water, but it's still a part of the sea—it's a rising current, the wind from below is a rising air current produced by geothermic heat, causing a steam explosion" she explained. "It may be packaged differently, but it's still wind and water. Trust me, I'm a navigator, aren't I?" she grinned.

"Thank you, Nami!" Sanji swooned with a look of love and adoration in his eyes for the ginger. "Alright, gang, Nami's leading the way!" he shouted.

"Yeah!" we cheered.

"I'm impressed, even in a stressful moment like this, you're still able to be that amazing navigator of ours" I grinned.

"Guess you could say I don't want to end up at the bottom of the sea—we got this far, haven't we?" she shrugged, her grin growing as I nodded in agreement "Alright, guys! Catch the starboard wind and line the ship with the current!" she instructed.

"Yes, ma'am!" we nodded.

"Hey! We're rising above the water—is that okay?" Chopper worriedly asked.

"Nami, do something! We're going to fall!" Luffy frowned.

"Come on, do it..." the ginger muttered, a look of pure determination on her face as if she had complete faith in this plan of hers.

"We're flying!" Luffy gasped the second the ship shot forward up the pillar of water instead of letting gravity take hold and drag it back down. "Yeah! We're headed for the sky!" he grinned.

"We made it!" Usopp cheered.

"Thank goodness!" I laughed, holding my chest in relief.

"I did it!" Nami proudly huffed, pleased to see that her plan had worked and that we weren't going to end up as fish food at the bottom of the ocean.

"Yes" Zoro grinned, celebrating along with the rest.

"Nami, good job! I think I love you!" Sanji cheered, causing me to chuckle softly.

"If the wind keeps up, we can sail as high as we want" Nami remarked.

"Hey, Nami, are we almost to Skypiea?" Luffy curiously asked.

"If it exists, it's past those clouds" she answered, pointing up at the clouds before us.

"Past those clouds" Luffy repeated as he faced forward with eager excitement. "I can't wait to find out what's up in the sky, let's pass through them and find out!" he grinned just as I finally felt my heart rate start to slow back down to normal now that the threat of failure was seemingly no more. Straightening my posture, I sucked in a deep breath of air and smiled, now eager to see what awaited us on the other side of those clouds. When we finally started to near them, the sensation of passing through them was...

Weird.

There was a moment of intense pressure that was quickly followed by the sudden popping of my ears as we broke through to the other side—it honestly felt no different than if we had just surfaced from the ocean below. Drenched to the bone alongside everyone else, I greedily sucked in the air around me as my eyes flickered in frantic confusion.