Chapter One Hundred and Seventy Seven [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Seven-

"Looks like it all worked out" Sanji smiled.

"Seems so" Zoro hummed in agreement as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Thank goodness that it did" I sighed in relief as I leaned against the swordsman, glad to know that we wouldn't be permanently losing any crewmembers today.

"Now, it's time to choose your new crewmember—who do you want, Straw Hat Luffy?" Itomimizu asked.

"Come on, Chopper—get over here!" Luffy grinned as he waved the crying reindeer over. Chopper gave a choked sob as he threw off the getup Foxy had forced him to wear before jumping into the captain's arms—tightly clinging to the rubber man as he continued to cry.

"I'll miss you, Choppy!" Porche called out to the reindeer.

"I was so scared! I'm so happy you won!" Chopper wailed.

"Are you kidding? A bunch of suckers like that could never beat my crew!" Luffy proudly grinned.

"We've seen blood, sweat, and plenty of tears today, but the Davy Back Fight has finally drawn to a close with the Straw Hats reclaiming their doctor—Tony Tony Chopper" Itomimizu said as he finally began to wrap up the game and draw everything to a close. "I say this match ends in a draw" he confessed.

"Hold it! Hold it! Hold it!" Foxy yelled. "Any captain worth his salt knows there are no draws in the pirate world! It's plunder or be plunder—you won't let it end like this, will you?!" he angrily asked Luffy.

"Wait, is he saying what I think he is?" Usopp nervously asked.

"That's what it's looking to be" I nodded as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Come on! How about another three-coin game to decide which one of us is really the best?" Foxy grinned as he tried to encourage the rubber man to take him up on his offer.

"Yeah, like we would agree to that" Usopp scoffed.

"After all that cheating? You'd have to be an idiot to go for another round" Nami rolled her eyes before jolting as a gunshot was heard.

"Spoke too soon..." I heavily sighed.

"Oh no!" Usopp and Nami wailed over and over as they looked over at our captain in despair.

"You're on, Split Head!" Luffy laughed. I sweat dropped before wincing as I watched how Nami and Usopp viciously ganged up on the poor captain—quick to take their anger out on him for his stupid decision. "Okay, this is the last time, I won't do it again...I promise..." he weakly assured them.

"You're kidding! I don't know if I have any tears left to cry!" Chopper cried out in exasperation.

"He's already agreed, so it's not like we can back out now" Zoro shrugged, seeing no point in arguing with the captain's decision to go again.

"Yeah, but was there really even a need to accept another game?" I frowned. "We already got everyone important back, so it seems kind of pointless."

"I doubt he would go through the trouble if he didn't have something in mind" Robin said.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, well unless he's thinking he can nab us a shipwright from Foxy's crew" Sanji said, attempting to give the captain the benefit of the doubt.

-Later-

"It's time for the second Three Coin Game—the events this time are a team-wide dodgeball showdown, a brutally new twist on a childhood favorite, and a one-on-one boxing beatdown!" Itomimizu announced. "Like the previous games, each crew can only participate twice—in other words, last-minute lineup changes will not be allowed! With their second Davy Back Fight of the day about to start, I'm back in the announcer's seat to explain the rules of our first match" he said. "The name of the game is Hit and Dead Ball! The balls in question are the two you see on the field right now, if the opposing team hits you with one of those babies, you're out of the game!" he explained.