Chapter Sixty Seven [Rewritten]

-Chapter Sixty-Seven-

"What?" Luffy gasped in surprise.

"This is the same Nami who would rather count money than spend it?" Usopp gaped in shock.

"The same Nami who likes money more than life itself?" Zoro frowned.

"And she'll pay anything!" they all shouted.

"You guys might be overreacting" Sanji sweat dropped.

"Nami, you must really want that paper to make such a bold statement" I said. "Are we sure you're not sick?" I asked, unable to help myself as even I had a hard time believing that she would be so willing to depart with her beloved money for some sheets of paper.

"Alright then, if you absolutely have to have this, a stack of One Thousand-Year Paper normally costs 60,000,000 belis—but I can sell it to you for only 48,000,000" Rice Rice offered with a smile.

"It costs 48,000,000 beli, really?!" Chopper asked, clearly taken aback that something such as a mere stack of paper could cost so much.

"Does this mean this stuff costs 48,000 for each sheet?" Usopp questioned.

"That's a lot for just some sheets of paper" I whistled.

"Can't you just drop the price—just a little more?" Nami pleaded, cringing at the price the man offered.

"Well, you drive a hard bargain" Rice Rice said after a moment's thought. "Well how about 47.5,000,000?" he suggested

"How about 2,000,000" Nami frowned.

"Or 4.8,000,000, just for you" Rice Rice widely smiled.

"Oh! Can't you just go lower?!" Nami irritably huffed, frustrated that the man wasn't falling for her attempts at haggling.

"Sold!" Sanji suddenly spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Nami frowned in confusion.

"You really have that many belis?" Zoro asked.

"I wasn't aware that there were other people on this ship with money besides Nami" I said with a raised brow.

"Nope" Sanji truthfully answered, shaking his head as he busied himself with tying Luffy up. "If we hand Luffy over to the Marines, we'll collect the bounty and have plenty to spare" he explained.

"What? No!" Luffy cried out.

"Sorry, Luffy, but Nami deserves this sacrifice" Sanji stated.

"No, she doesn't!" Luffy snapped.

"Man, Sanji, I didn't expect you to be that thirsty for Nami" I sweat dropped.

"Luffy?" Rice Rice questioned. "Um...Luffy? You don't mean...no...Monkey D. Luffy?!" he jolted as if startled by this sudden revelation.

"Yeah, that's me, weird guy" Luffy nodded. "Hey, Sanji, come on—please! Just untie me now!" he pleaded.

"I can't do that" Sanji shook his head.

"Okay, but you totally can" I said.

"Oh no! A real pirate flag's up there!" Rice Rice loudly gasped when he finally noticed the ship's Jolly Roger. "How could I've missed something like that?! To think what would have happened to me!" he whimpered as he crumpled to the ground crying.

"Sanji, let me go!" Luffy whined.

"No way" Sanji shook his head, deadset on following through with this plan on his.

"She's not going to love you just because you do buy her some paper, you know that, right?" I asked, not exactly understanding what he thought he was going to get out of this crazy plan of his.