Chapter One Hundred and Sixty Nine [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Sixty-Nine-

"Because they want you to get mad so you'll butt in and do something stupid" Usopp explained.

"We just got to grin and bear it, Luffy" Nami huffed.

"We can't do anything rash that might make us lose the match before it's even over with—we need to win this" I frowned. "Besides, I prefer if we didn't prolong this match any longer than it already is—it's clearly outstayed its welcome..." I muttered, glaring at the Groggy Monsters.

"The preparations are complete, all that's left now is to sit back and enjoy the carnage! Whatever happens from here on out, don't blame me!" Itomimizu announced. "Anyway, it looks like they're going straight for the Ball Man" he noted as Hamburg and Pickles rushed Sanji, Pan following close behind. "Unless he acts fast, he'll be grounded and pounded, sliced and diced, trapped, and stuffed into a hamburger patty!"

"Alright then—if you want a cooking battle, well you got one" Sanji scowled. "I got to warn you, I've never cooked scumbags before, so I can't say how it'll turn out" he spat before lashing out, doing multiple backflips and repeatedly kicking Hamburg in the face until the primate fell back with a startled cry that was cut short by the blond smashing his foot into his stomach. Right when it looked like he was finished, his assault quickly picked back up as he kicked the monkey into the air and struck his back multiple times.

"Ooh, that's got to hurt" I winced as a small grin tugged at my lips upon witnessing the continued attack until finally, the blond sent Hamburg flying.

"Stop crushing!" Pickles frantically cried as Hamburg flew between the two pans that Pan was mindlessly smashing together. "No, Hamburg!" he winced as the monkey was crushed between the two pans—weakly groaning in pain before unceremoniously crashing to the ground when the Wotan pulled the pans apart. Angrily growling, the larger man turned toward Sanji and sneered. "You're going to pay for that!"

"Hold up, fatty, you forgot about me" Zoro glared as he stepped in front of the man's attack.

"Out of my way, small fry! I'll cut you!" Pickles threatened as he brought one of his swords down, only to be sent flying back toward Pan by Zoro, causing him to slice up the giant instead of his intended target.

"Oh no! Say it ain't so—Big Pan has fallen victim to Pickles Spinning Blade Attack!" Itomimizu gasped.

"Somebody help me! I can't stop spinning!" Pickles screamed, already starting to grow panicky and queasy as Pan's body slowly started to tilt back—the pain now getting to him as he was knocked off balance by his fellow crewmate's attack. Sanji hastily slid right underneath him, striking his back so hard that he was instantly straightened back out on his feet once again.

"What?! Not only did they knock Big Pan down, they knocked him right back up too!" Itomimizu gaped in amazement. "Although Big Pan is indeed on his feet, I'm not sure he has any idea where he's at right now—to make matters worse, Pickles is looking pretty dazed himself! Team Foxy is in a pinch!" he nervously proclaimed, shocked by this sudden turn of events when just mere seconds ago his crewmates were ruthlessly beating on the two. "Uh-oh! Now Zoro from the Straw Hats is charging in—will he be able to overcome Big Pan in his state of confusion?"

"You're not getting passed me!" Pickles growled as he protectively stood in front of the dazed giant with both his swords out. He didn't make it long before he suddenly cried out as Sanji came up behind him and struck his back—sending him flying across the field and toward the referee.

"I've had enough of your crap and that goes to the Ref too!" Sanji snapped.

"The crowd—or rather the Ref—takes a direct hit from the flying Pickles! Did Sanji have an ulterior motive perhaps?" Itomimizu asked.