Chapter One Hundred and Seventy Nine [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Nine-

"On the upside, their boss is the only one left" Nami clapped as she attempted to be more positive and not let the blonde's stupidity sour her mood just yet.

"We can't celebrate just yet, you never know what might happen 'til the very end" Robin reminded the navigator.

"We've seen what these people are capable of when it comes to wanting to win, he might have a few tricks up his sleeves" I said.

"Yes, good point" Foxy nodded as what appeared to be a cannon raised from the ground on his side of the court.

"Yeah, like that" I said upon having my point proven.

"No way!" Nami gawked.

"What the...?" Chopper and Luffy sparkled with awe upon seeing the giant cannon.

"There it is! Hit and Dead Ball's top-secret weapon finally makes its appearance!" Itomimizu exclaimed.

"Say hello to the Mister Hit-Kun Cannon!" Foxy boisterously laughed.

"Hey, Ref, are you really going to allow this?! That thing is obviously against the rules!" Usopp angrily snapped.

"So that's Mister Hit-Kun Cannon" Robin unamusedly hummed.

"I mean, I guess it's impressive" I shrugged, raising an eyebrow as I eyed the giant cannon in disinterest.

"Wait, why are you both acting like you know all about this doo-hickey? Did I miss something?" Usopp frowned.

"We ran across an article about it in the rulebook, but we hadn't actually seen the device until now" Robin explained.

"Despite it being in the rules, I still feel like it should be against them" I admitted the longer I stared at the cannon, not seeing how such a weapon was considered fair when something as simple as hitting another person in the face wasn't.

"Rule Number Three Hundred Twenty-Two: The only weapon allowed is Mister Hit-Kun Cannon!" Rokuroshi clarified.

"Why would you make a rule for that dumb thing?!" Usopp snapped.

"I don't know, seems pretty awesome to me" Luffy sparkled with an excited grin on his face that only seemed to grow the longer he stared at the cannon.

"What's the point?" Zoro frowned. "Listen, I don't care how big your "Mister Cannon" or whatever is—you're still going to lose" he glared.

"I wouldn't be so sure" Foxy grinned. "Hey, Porche! You ready to finish them off?" he asked.

"I thought you'd never ask, boss" Porche grinned. "Better not blink—Flower Hypnosis, go!" spinning her baton around, a bouquet of flowers soon popped out of the top.

"Not again!" Usopp groaned in frustration as he recalled that stupid tricks of hers that had cost Nami had race in the last fight.

"Hurry up and close your eyes!" Nami shouted.

"Oh!" Luffy quickly threw his hands over his eyes with Chopper following suit in the same manner.

"Can you play without dirty tricks for once?" Zoro irritably grumbled as he closed his eyes.

"I think they're incapable of doing that" I said.

"Now's your chance! Fire!" Porche shouted.

"Oh, I will" Foxy snickered, taking aim at Zoro and causing me to frown. "Like shooting fish in a barrel!" he laughed.

"Even without my swords, I'm still a swordsman" Zoro scoffed as he used his hand—his bare hand—to cut the ball hurtling toward him in half.

"I'm sorry what?" I choked, taken aback by the absurd sight of him cutting the ball in half with his bare hand which was the last thing I had expected him or anyone in that situation really to do. "Is...is he even human?" I weakly muttered in disbelief, trying to process how he had done something so bizarre.