Chapter Five [Rewritten]

-Chapter Five-

"I'm fine, it's just a few aches here and there..." I mumbled as I tried to wave off his concern. "They'll go away soon" I reassured them all while attempting to stand up only to stumble back as the world around me seemed to just spin. My head now felt as if it was ready to just split wide open as my muscles screamed in protest at my sudden movements. I was quick to balance myself, shaking my head in an attempt to clear my mind and rid myself of this agonizing headache as I tried to take a shaky step forward, only to come to a stop when I suddenly felt a pair of hands rest on top my shoulders. Pressing down hard enough until I was forced to kneel back down onto the ground—back down onto the makeshift bed that they had probably made themselves.

"Skylar, you need to rest, that's a direct order" Luffy demanded as he stared down at me with that serious look of his—a look that he only ever really wore when he wanted to be taken seriously. I only grumbled in response, deciding not to test him as I released a heavy sigh.

"Exactly how long was I out?" I curiously asked.

"About a few hours" Vivi answered. "We thought it'd be best to keep you in here with Nami so we could check up on the both of you," she explained, "sorry if the makeshift bed isn't the best" she quickly apologized.

"No, it's fine" I reassured her. "Did...did any of you happen to...to check..." I trailed off, averting my gaze as my cheeks heated up a little at the mere thought of what they might have done while I was knocked out.

"Huh? Oh!" she was quick to realize what I was asking. "That...well...we tried, but you seemed to have been in too much pain as any time we attempted to touch any part of you, you'd violently jerk back" she explained. "Mr. Five's explosions must have singed your flesh badly through your clothes, from what I saw, it almost resembled a bad sunburn" I nodded in understanding, sighing in relief that they hadn't continued to try and patch me up after their first few attempts.

"What about Nami? What's wrong with her?" I asked as I flickered my gaze over towards the ginger who was currently resting in bed.

"We're not sure, she seems to have caught some kind of illness" Usopp answered.

"That's why we need to find a doctor on the next island we come across, even if it will slow us down" Vivi said, giving a small glance towards the newspaper that was resting on top of the desk nearby. I only nodded while silently taking note of the sadden look in her eyes. Quietly did we all discuss a few more things with one another before everyone started to clear out of the room, everyone except Vivi who had chosen to stay close to Nami's side. Currently, I was flat on my back, gazing up at the ceiling while hissing anytime my body moved and made my flesh rub against the fabrics of my clothes.

"Vivi?" I called out, earning a hum as a response. "Do you mind taking me to the guy's room to let me change into something warmer?" I questioned, already starting to feel a bit cold. From the corner of my eye did I watch as she shivered as well as she too started to take notice of the cold that was beginning to settle in around the room.

"Yeah, I don't mind" she said. "I think I might need a coat as well" she breathed out as she stood and crossed over to me, taking the hand I reached out and helped pulled me to my feet. "I'll be back soon, Nami" she said to the sleeping female, not expecting a response as she gently put my arm around her shoulders and placed her arm around my waist as we both started to make our way towards the men's room.

"You're very kind for a princess" I suddenly remarked, catching her attention as she gave me a questioning look. "Normally, people in a position of power, act as if they're above the law..." I muttered, voice trailing off as my gaze became downcast. "But not you...you seem kind."