Chapter Ninety Five [Rewritten]

-Chapter Ninety-Five-

"Hurry up and dock!" Luffy impatiently demanded.

"It does look promising, maybe we can even stay here awhile" Nami smiled, seemingly pleased with such a thought.

"Either I'm starting to hallucinate or that harbor is full of pirate ships" Usopp suddenly pointed out.

"What's with the animal theme?" I questioned, staring at the strange decorations on each of the ships that were docked at the harbor.

"Don't be silly, Usopp, since when can pirates dock their ships in a harbor without being run out of town?" Nami laughed, lightly smacking the sharpshooter's shoulder.

"You're right, it must be a joke!" he laughed as well.

"Someone help! He's going to kill me!" we heard a man desperately scream from the shore.

"What's going on with this crazy town?!" Usopp, Nami, and Chopper fearfully cried.

"What a pathetic weakling!" we heard another man mockingly laugh as we sailed further and further away until we were eventually far enough from the scene that we could no longer hear it.

"Well, the people here seem nice" I smiled as Nami, Usopp, and Chopper clung to one another, violently trembling at what they had just witnessed.

"Now this looks like my kind of town!" Luffy grinned, instantly hopping off the ship the moment we docked.

"We'll have no problem fitting in here" Zoro agreed as he followed the captain's lead.

"Aren't you going with them?" Nami asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked toward me.

"Nah, I'd rather stay on the ship" I shook my head, not really interested to go exploring an island we weren't even planning to stay on for that long.

"You sure? I mean, wouldn't you rather spend some quality time with your man?" she teased with a grin.

"He's not my man..." I embarrassingly grumbled, cheeks now dusted a light pink. "Besides, it's not like we don't already spend enough time together here on the ship" I remarked, reminding her of Zoro and mine's tendency to hang around one another on the ship. If we weren't off on our own talking to the other or doing something else, we usually were together talking or simply enjoying each other's company.

"Yeah, well I'd feel comfortable if you went with them" she truthfully admitted.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"For one, you handle them a lot better, and two, because we both know they won't be able to last an hour here without causing some sort of trouble " she answered.

"Hm, you're right" I hummed in thought. "But we both know they'd still get in trouble even if I went with them" I grinned, watching as she huffed and crossed her arms once she realized that she didn't really have an argument there.

"Well by the looks of this place, I'd say fifteen minutes would be a generous assumption" Usopp said.

"Nah, I'd give them at least ten" I shook my head. "Maybe less."

"You really think so?" Nami frowned. "I better go with them then if Skylar won't" and with that, she hopped off the ship and ran after the two.

"Nami!" Usopp shouted.

"Luffy, Zoro, wait for me! I'm coming too!" she called out to the two.

"There she goes" Chopper worriedly frowned.

"No worries, I'm sure she'll be fine with those two protecting her" Usopp assured us.

"I'm the only one who can protect Nami!" Sanji suddenly growled, ready to jump off the ship and race after the three before quickly being stopped by Usopp and Chopper.