Chapter Sixteen [Rewritten]

-Chapter Sixteen-

"You do realize that the one that needs to hear that warning the most has already abandoned ship?" Zoro pointed out, motioning toward the captain who was already running off toward the city as if he couldn't be bothered to wait another second.

"Need meat now!" he shouted, voice growing faint the further away he got.

"Get back here!" Nami snapped.

"I think he's too far gone to hear you, amazed he actually had the energy to run all the way to the city considering how "weak of hunger" he was earlier" I said, standing up on my tippy toes and watching as his figure got smaller the further he got. "Look at him go" I lowly whistled, amazed by his speed.

"Of course, food is his greatest energy source it seems" Usopp rolled his eyes. "Besides, he doesn't know the meaning of control" he stated as he leaned against the railing.

"What now?" Vivi asked.

"He's easy to find, just look for the area with the most commotion—that's where he'll be" Sanji answered with a dismissive wave, not the least bit concerned about the captain's separation from the rest of us.

"He's right" Usopp and I agreed.

"Ugh! I at least wished he would remember that he has a bounty on that rubbery head of his!" Nami groaned as she grabbed her head in frustration. "Especially since we're in a big country like this" she added.

"Forget about Luffy, he can take care of himself" Zoro said. "Now, let's go find some food—we can get to work after that" he said, already working his way down the ladder and onto dry land.

"Hungry as well I see" I said, following right after him. "Glad to know you have your priorities straight" I smiled, giving his back a strong pat the moment my feet touched the ground and I was right next to him.

"Don't act like you're not starving also" he said, arms crossed as he gave an amused grin the moment my stomach growled.

"Heh, you caught me" I weakly chuckled, smile now strained as one hand dropped and pressed against my stomach as if attempting to silence it. "If we don't hurry and find a place to eat, I might just have to eat my shoe similar to our dear captain" I dramatically sighed, attempting to lighten the mood as I draped myself against the swordsman—one arm propped atop his shoulder while the other fell over my eyes.

"What are you? An unruly pup?" he snorted, causing the corners of my lips to twitch.

"I must warn you, Carue and I can't go with you" Vivi said, now the only one still aboard the ship.

"Not up to it?" Usopp asked.

"No, we would be too recognizable" she explained with a shake of her head.

"Makes sense" Zoro nodded.

"No worries—I'll take care of all of your shopping, Vivi, my love!" Sanji swooned with a goofy smile plastered all over his face. It faltered though once Carue suddenly started to quack up a storm.

"What's wrong, Carue?" Vivi worriedly asked as the duck frantically started to hop up and down while pointing one of his wings in a certain direction. "It's Mr. Three's ship!" she gasped upon spotting the...oddly designed ship that was docked not that far from us.

"Mr. Three?" I questioned.

"That's right, you were passed out during that time" Usopp realized. "It was back at Little Garden" he explained.

"Ah" I nodded in understanding. "Does he have any Devil Fruit powers I should be aware of?" I asked as I thought back on the fun that was Little Garden and my encounter with Mr. Five.