Chapter Thirty One [Rewritten]

-Chapter Thirty-One-

"Hey, Sanji, it's time to retreat" Usopp whispered.

"Sea pirates or no sea pirates, I say bring it on! If you want to take so much as a step in this village, you'll have to go through us!" Camu shouted as Luffy swiped the back of his hand across his lips, wiping away any spit or blood that had come drooling out after getting hit.

"Spoken like a true Rebel soldier, now I can go take care of Crocodile without worrying about this place!" Luffy laughed. "Whew! That's a relief—thanks!" he grinned.

"Shut your trap and come on!" Sanji snapped as we took off running, motioning for the captain to not say anymore. "Bastard! That's Rebel soldiers for ya!" he shouted back with a grin.

"I've never seen such a strong display of strength!" Usopp happily shouted.

"Truly we never even stood a chance!" I grinned.

"Whatever, I suck at scenarios like this one..." Zoro embarrassingly muttered, causing me to laugh.

"Hey, wait for me!" Chopper cried, hurriedly chasing after us. Loud cheers sounded out from behind, slowly growing fainter by the minute the further away we got and it wasn't long before we were reunited with Nami and Vivi. Reaching up, I yanked the bandana atop my head right off and shook my head, causing the stray strands of hair that had gotten loose from my updo to go flying.

"Hey, Luffy!" Ace shouted, running up alongside his brother.

"Oh! Hi, Ace" Luffy smiled.

"How long should we keep running?" the older of the two brothers asked.

"I don't know" Luffy shrugged.

"Surely we could drop the act now?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow

"The speed in which they turned over a new leaf was scary" Zoro commented.

"Really?" I hummed. "I thought it was quite touching how they wanted to change their ways" I smiled, pleased by just how genuine the men had been in their proclamations of wanting to be better protectors of the townspeople.

"Amazing" Ace breathed out, looking at his younger brother who was cheerfully laughing. 

-Later-

"That cloud looks like a frog, don't you think?" I asked, my head tilted back as I peered up at the sky.

"I don't see it" Nami hummed from in front of me, her grip on Eyelash's rein slack as she glanced upward.

"You're not looking hard enough then—you see it, don't you, Vivi?" I asked, looking back at the princess seated behind me.

"I guess" Vivi weakly smiled with a shrug, not really agreeing nor disagreeing with me.

"You guys have no creativity" I softly huffed.

"No, I think you're just bored and seeing things" Nami snorted.

"What are you doing?!" Usopped suddenly shouted, ripping away the canteen of water in Luffy's grasp. "Stop spilling all the water, you slob!" he snapped.

"What's the big deal?" Luffy frowned. "Ace brought plenty of water for everybody" he argued, not understanding why he couldn't just chug the canteen of water in one go.

"Well, we still have to conserve all of our supplies! Stop hogging all the water to yourself!" the sharpshooter scolded.

"Why is it okay if Sanji does it?" Luffy frowned, quick to point out the supposed hypocrisy he was now seeing.