Chapter Thirty Nine [Rewritten]

-Chapter Thirty-Nine-

"I mean, they can handle little errands okay...right?" Nami warily asked, obviously forgetting who exactly she was referring to.

"Once again, I doubt it" I responded, huffing as I shifted back around and watched as her shoulders drooped.

"You're right...who am I kidding..." she muttered to herself.

"Yes?" I questioned, gaze shifting away from the sulking navigator and towards the swordsman beside me the moment I felt him suddenly start to play with my hair. "May I help you?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Hm" he hummed, mindlessly twisting a strand of hair around his finger before watching as it twirled right back into place. "I got to agree with Skylar on this one, I bet those two already managed to screw something up" he said, directing his words straight toward the others. "It is Usopp and Luffy—I'd start getting ready to run if I were you" he said, releasing my hair as if he was now bored with it as he once more started to swat at Eyelash's snout. Loudly did the camel snort, irritably snapping his teeth at the stick every time he felt it bop against his flaring nostrils.

"I said stop that, you're being mean to him" I huffed, lightly shoving the side of his head which caused him to blink as he slowly turned his head back toward me. I leaned back the second he leaned forward until eventually, our noses were touching.

"And I said make me..." he breathlessly breathed out, laughing the moment I shoved my hand in his face and pushed him away.

"You're too close!" I embarrassingly snapped, ignoring the way Nami and Vivi started to giggle as they prevented a fuming Sanji from saying or doing anything that would really cause a scene.

"You win, looks like the Marines are chasing them..." the blond eventually grumbled as he reluctantly went back to looking out for our missing crewmates only to spot the Marines chasing them instead.

"No way, why are those idiots running this way?!" Nami squealed in a panic the second she poked her head around the corner and spotted the two as well.

"Hey, Tony hasn't made his way back here, yet" Vivi worriedly frowned.

"He'll be fine, Chopper can manage on his own" Zoro assured her as we all scrambled to our feet and took off, not wasting another second.

"Hey, guys, I think the Marines are here!" Luffy shouted the moment he spotted us as he and Usopp quickly caught up.

"You think we haven't noticed that, Luffy?!" Zoro snapped.

"It's...uh...kind of obvious, considering the outfits and all that" I sweat dropped. "But good observation there."

"Get them! We can't lose them this time men!" a Marine shouted not that far behind us as he and the rest now started gaining on us which caused Usopp to scream in fear and for Luffy to start panicking.

"Why are they holding barrels?" I questioned, finally taking note of the big barrels the two were currently carrying over their shoulders. "Why not just throw them back at the Marines to slow them down?" I asked.

"Who knows, maybe it's water?" Zoro guessed as I slowly nodded. If it was indeed water they were carrying in those barrels then I can understand not wanting to senselessly toss them away even if it would possibly gain us some distance.

"Baroque Works will see us if we keep running through the city!" Usopp nervously pointed out.

"I think it's a little too late for that, Usopp" Zoro said as he took notice of the few Baroque Works members that were already watching us from the crowds of people we ran by.