Chapter One Hundred and Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Eight-

"But he's not alone!" Luffy was quick to point out as two giant sea creatures emerged from the ocean of clouds as well, one akin to that of an octopus and the other similar to a Sea Snake with its serpent-like appearance.

"It's trying to eat him!" Sanji clenched his jaw as Nami and Chopper began to scream in fear.

"Must have assumed he was bait" I said.

"You hungry—eat this!" Zoro rushed forward, slashing at one of the octopus' tentacles that were closest to the ship and causing it to pop.

"Huh?" Sanji questioned, confused as he watched how the octopus instantly deflated instead of bleeding or even crying in distress. He didn't have much time to process what he had witnessed before noticing the Sea Snake lunging for the ship—jumping in the air, he ruthlessly smashed his foot down atop the monstrous serpent's head which deflated its body in an instant as it crashed back down into the water.

"It deflated like a balloon" I owlishly blinked as I stared at the now deflated octopus.

"Was it a fake?" Nami questioned.

"I don't know" I frowned. "It moved as if it were alive, surely it couldn't have been a puppet" I said.

"This air is so thin..." Zoro panted as he landed back on the deck. "It's hard to breathe..." he thickly swallowed.

"What do you make of this?" Sanji asked. "It's the strangest creature I've ever seen—I'm not even sure it's a fish" he confessed as he rested his foot atop the head of the serpent-like fish.

"It's like Skylar said, that octopus thing was more like a balloon" Luffy said.

"I didn't say it was a balloon, I said it deflated like one" I corrected.

"Yeah, except balloons don't have teeth" Zoro pointed out to the rubber man.

"But how can there be fish up here on the clouds?" Nami curiously asked.

"You said it best yourself—basically, it's an ocean in the sky" Robin answered.

"So what's this big snake thing?" Chopper curiously asked, motioning towards the Sea Snake that Sanji was resting his foot on top of.

"I don't know, a flatfish?" Luffy shrugged.

"But it wasn't flat until Sanji kicked it" Chopper pointed out.

"Perhaps it was a Sea Snake—it does look pretty serpent-like and it did live in the water" I suggested.

"Wow, such great detective skills—pointing out two obvious things to prove your point, you're such a great detective" Nami deadpanned, smiling as I swatted at her before childishly sticking my tongue out.

"Oh, come on, Usopp—what is it this time?" Sanji frowned when the sharpshooter suddenly sat up screaming.

"Nightmare?" I asked, tilting my head.

"There's something in my pants" Usopp shivered before hastily reaching down into his pants with one hand and pulling out a fish that was still very much alive. Looking down at it, he immediately passed out.

"Usopp!" Chopper worriedly cried out as he rushed to the sharpshooter's side.

"Poor thing" I said, peering down at the flopping fish on the deck.

"Not his day" Robin hummed, looking at the passed-out sharpshooter with some pity before turning her gaze to the fish. "Hold on" she said, bending down and scooping the animal into her hands.